Logitech G402 Available for preorder

brownninja97

Incorrect again. There are all in the exact same position. The one difference is the Sniper button is turned 90 degrees to that it sits closer to your thumb. Not saying the 402 is bad in any way, I actually would have gone with it over the 502 because I don't need the 12,000 DPI sensor, but the buttons between the two are almost exactly the same. The only thing that got repositioned was the DPI indicator. When they turned the Sniper button on its side, they stuck the DPI indicator above it. But the other 4 side buttons are in the exact same spot on both mice.

The G402's do seem to be significantly smaller. Actually they look exactly like the button on the G602 which dont feel as where near as nice as the G502's.

The G402's do seem to be significantly smaller. Actually they look exactly like the button on the G602 which dont feel as where near as nice as the G502's.

Except for the Sniper button, they look exactly the same to me. Still doesn't change the point I was making that they are in the exact same spot on both of them.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Except for the Sniper button, they look exactly the same to me. Still doesn't change the point I was making that they are in the exact same spot on both of them.

I disagree after looking at the rendering on logitech's site. Also the top ones look nearly identical to the ones on the G602. Ill upload some screenshots when im don with work.

I disagree after looking at the rendering on logitech's site. Also the top ones look nearly identical to the ones on the G602. Ill upload some screenshots when im don with work.

I'll concede that they may be a different size, but they are still in the same position. The position may look a little different because they put the DPI indicator in a different spot, but the LMB is extended to cover the old spot, leaving the two thumb buttons in the same spot.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

I'll concede that they may be a different size, but they are still in the same position. The position may look a little different because they put the DPI indicator in a different spot, but the LMB is extended to cover the old spot, leaving the two thumb buttons in the same spot.

Is that a bad thng? I quite like their placement.

WOW i think i just found a replacement for my good old Logitech MX-518. I was almost getting a G502 when i read up on how much it weighs compared to my 518 and it was 20% more. But this is just epic - lightweight, more buttons, better sensor.

WOW i think i just found a replacement for my good old Logitech MX-518. I was almost getting a G502 when i read up on how much it weighs compared to my 518 and it was 20% more. But this is just epic - lightweight, more buttons, better sensor.

Thats cause the mx518 was built super cheaply and there is the very un needed weight tray in the 502.

Sorry for going dark for a bit - I flew back to the US from Ireland yesterday and spent a while offline.

I dont know if there is anything you can comment on this post that was shortly after the launch of the G502. If there is please do.

Shortly after I got my G602 I actually sent a support ticket in asking a few things and was wondering if yo ucould shed some light on the subject since I just got kinda blown off. It is the the below quote.

Why are there only 250dpi adjustments in hardware mode?
Does this mean that when in software mode the software is actually working out the dpi that differ from the ones available in hardware mode?
Can I ask why the 4000dpi sensor from the G400s was not used instead of the 2500dpi one from the G100s?
As far as I can tell all endurance mode does is lower the polling. Is this the case or does it also enable something like the power saver option on the G700 and G700s?
Also why isnt there a predicted battery life in any of your gaming mice in the software like you have on your consumer mice?

EDIT: Also forgot to ask this but I assume that the G400s or something with the original design will always be kept in the product line for those loyal followers or am I wrong?

With regard to the link, I'm not sure what you would want me to comment on except that there is no CPI doubling in the Proteus Core. Every CPI step is native on that sensor.

• The sensor did not have the ability to have more granular steps at the time. With Hyperion Fury, 80 CPI steps have been made available.
  • Just like with the G400 or G400s, non-native steps for G602 in automatic game detection mode are calculated based on data from the next-higher step. So 600 is calculated down from 750, 800 is calculated down from 1000, etc. Hyperion Fury only has native values with 80 CPI steps.
  • The power consumption of the G400s sensor is significantly higher than the G602 sensor. It would have a battery life that is lower than G700s.
  • Beyond report rate, endurance mode also changes other internal tracking parameters of the sensor. The net result is less good performance than we can call "gaming". This is different from the G700/G700s because those sensors have far fewer variables that can be adjusted for power savings.
  • They are very different products with very different components. 
G400s is being replaced by Hyperion Fury.

Hi, Chris. I wondered if the mouse is supposed to be held with both fingers on the right side under the lip like the G502?

Depends on your hand size, really. The lip on the top right side next to the RMB is about 5mm wide, so you can conceivably go 2.5 fingers up if you don't want to go 3 up with your middle finger on the wheel button. G400s has about 10mm of space there, so it will feel different. It's also rubber rather than plastic with soft touch paint that the G400s has. Hyperion Fury does remove the severe lip on the right side that totally prohibits some people from using it with two fingers on the side, though.

So is this mouse basically supposed to serve as a budget G502 Proteus Core? That's my first impression based on the button config and the price.

Is there anything about this mouse other than the apparent speed of it that makes it worth picking up over another G mouse or a Razer mouse?

Because, to be honest, marketing it for speed doesn't mean much to me. I just let my gear sit at 2500 DPI and I play mobas and shooters, so crazy speed doesn't matter much to me.

Not trying to sound rude at all, just asking: what about THIS mouse is going to make me drop the $60 on THIS mouse? Would that money be better spent on something with more buttons to map?

Much like with G400s and G500s, there are features in Proteus Core that some people dislike, while other people like them greatly. If you want a reasonably weighty mouse with hyperfast scrolling and weight/surface tuning, and that is worth an additional $20 to you, then Proteus Core may be the mouse for you. If you prefer a lighter mouse with fewer features, Hyperion Fury could be a good choice. 

With the specific criteria you listed, I don't know that Proteus Core would be worth the additional money. I can't really make a strong recommendation either way with limited information, though.

Glad you like the changes. As far as the weight goes - it is ~5g lighter than G400s, so not a huge amount of difference.

Gaming mouse and racing wheel product manager for

Logitech G. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

Much like with G400s and G500s, there are features in Proteus Core that some people dislike, while other people like them greatly. If you want a reasonably weighty mouse with hyperfast scrolling and weight/surface tuning, and that is worth an additional $20 to you, then Proteus Core may be the mouse for you. If you prefer a lighter mouse with fewer features, Hyperion Fury could be a good choice. 

With the specific criteria you listed, I don't know that Proteus Core would be worth the additional money. I can't really make a strong recommendation either way with limited information, though.

Well, I haven't picked up a G502 yet, so I was curious as to what sets the G402 apart. Thanks for joining this thread to help clear up questions, it's awesome.

I think I might be picking one up. My G700s is going to start looking old next to all the new Logitech G stuff. Any chance of a 700s refresh or replacement anytime soon?

Git Gud.

Depends on your hand size, really. The lip on the top right side next to the RMB is about 5mm wide, so you can conceivably go 2.5 fingers up if you don't want to go 3 up with your middle finger on the wheel button. G400s has about 10mm of space there, so it will feel different. It's also rubber rather than plastic with soft touch paint that the G400s has. Hyperion Fury does remove the severe lip on the right side that totally prohibits some people from using it with two fingers on the side, though.

Thanks for replying. I really like the G502 right side, as there is enough space for both fingers under the lip. Is the right side physically as big/"roomy" as the G502 right side (under the lip)?

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Well, I haven't picked up a G502 yet, so I was curious as to what sets the G402 apart. Thanks for joining this thread to help clear up questions, it's awesome.

I think I might be picking one up. My G700s is going to start looking old next to all the new Logitech G stuff. Any chance of a 700s refresh or replacement anytime soon?

He is not allowed to comment on future or unannounced products.

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

Thanks for replying. I really like the G502 right side, as there is enough space for both fingers under the lip. Is the right side physically as big/"roomy" as the G502 right side (under the lip)?

It is very similar, and that is how I use it.

Heh - thanks for the help. :)

Gaming mouse and racing wheel product manager for

Logitech G. Follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

It is very similar, and that is how I use it.

Heh - thanks for the help. :)

Thanks for replying again! I love how you respond to the questions of the costumers so openly and willingly. Not many companies do that, and it's a big reason as to why I prefer Logitech to almost all other peripheral companies.

Definitely getting the G402 as soon as it's available in Norway. The admin of their Norwegian Facebook page said it should be available within about 3 weeks on your website.

Loved the G502, but the G402 seems to be a better version of it with less weight, more usable sniper button and a better scroll wheel. The sensor isn't a huge concern for me, as I use 800 dpi anyway, and don't play a lot of shooters. I prefer single player RPGs atm :). Got Fallout NV all modded up, and it's truly an enjoying experience!

no weight mod and all plastic?

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so mine just arrived (in Germany).

First impression is pretty great. Only plugged it in 1 min. ago so I can't say much yet. Quality looks remarkable. Feels great in hand.

I used a Roccat Kone (first rendition) since its launch. Feels similar in the hand, maybe the peak isn't as high on the G402, but I think it is longer. Width feels similar.

Any questions?

I will be testing it now.

Ok, so mine just arrived (in Germany).

First impression is pretty great. Only plugged it in 1 min. ago so I can't say much yet. Quality looks remarkable. Feels great in hand.

I used a Roccat Kone (first rendition) since its launch. Feels similar in the hand, maybe the peak isn't as high on the G402, but I think it is longer. Width feels similar.

Any questions?

I will be testing it now.

Write a review and make a video if you can for the member reviews section!

I definitely want to read some impressions of this... it's high on my list.

Git Gud.

Write a review and make a video if you can for the member reviews section!

I definitely want to read some impressions of this... it's high on my list.

I'll try but if I don't find the time this week it could take some time because I'm even busier after that.

If there are some questions I will try to answer all of them.

Though they may look similar, it's only when you palm them that you would realized that they feel different. The G402 feels a little like a Kone (albeit a tad narrower) or those old MX518 due to its shape. It's hard put into words, it's only when you have them in a side-by-side comparison that this difference in feel manifest itself. I do have both of them, including a G700s as well.....something of a Logitech mice fanboy I suppose.

20140812_183608_zps3e9dd275.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Sorry for going dark for a bit - I flew back to the US from Ireland yesterday and spent a while offline.

With regard to the link, I'm not sure what you would want me to comment on except that there is no CPI doubling in the Proteus Core. Every CPI step is native on that sensor.

• The sensor did not have the ability to have more granular steps at the time. With Hyperion Fury, 80 CPI steps have been made available.
  • Just like with the G400 or G400s, non-native steps for G602 in automatic game detection mode are calculated based on data from the next-higher step. So 600 is calculated down from 750, 800 is calculated down from 1000, etc. Hyperion Fury only has native values with 80 CPI steps.
  • The power consumption of the G400s sensor is significantly higher than the G602 sensor. It would have a battery life that is lower than G700s.
  • Beyond report rate, endurance mode also changes other internal tracking parameters of the sensor. The net result is less good performance than we can call "gaming". This is different from the G700/G700s because those sensors have far fewer variables that can be adjusted for power savings.
  • They are very different products with very different components.
G400s is being replaced by Hyperion Fury.

-snip-

sorry about the super late reply.

Other stuff that would be nice to have a insight on would be:

Why is preordering directly from logitech always slower than any other method?

Also why is it that it is possible to just walk in and buy all of your new mice, basally since the G600, from BestBuy quite a bit (week or even weeks) before the ship date on Newegg, Amazon, or even your own site.

Is the shape and style of the G502 somewhat of a response to people who use the G700 and G700s wired all of the time?

"Every CPI step is native on that sensor" great to hear that about the G502 because I had my suspicions. Have you considered publishing somewhere what these steps are for all mice? Also what are the native steps on the G602? Are they indeed every 250dpi?

I suspected it took more battery life and generally 2500 is enough for gaming but I did used to use 3200 on the desktop which changed to 2400 after that mouse. I actually prefer it even with 4 displays. Sadly if the native steps are in 250 non of them hit the dpi's that I use.

The power saver on the G700/G700s really helped for desktop use as well as 125hz. With those enables I had weeks (2-3) of battery life rather than days (4-6). I had this setup on my default profiles and the gaming ones had max gaming and 1000hz. Many people complained about the battery life and that they were plugged in more than wireless. In my option this was likely because they did know about or how to use the power saving features. Was the power mode switch on the top of the G602 a response to this?

Also another thing about the G700/G700s. I used it before it got LGS so I think the reason behind this might be because it wasnt designed with LGS in mind. But when you enable software profiles on the mouse with power saving when the mouse wakes up its a super low dpi and doesnt seem to have any profile on it for quite some time. Then suddenly it gets the DPI and stuff and your cursor goes flying. This does not happen with hardware profiles at all and the 5 hardware profiles are one big thing I like about the mouse. This issue however is super annoying and the main reason why I no longer run the G700s as my main mouse as I have a profile for each game a play which easily exceeds 5.

The last thing im kinda wondering is why you got rid of the hydrophobic coating starting with the G602, G502, and now G402. I and many loved the feel of it. I mean the graphic design of it could have been better but you never see it so oh well. Especially with the G402 it should have been able to be used looking at the design.

I agree as I have asked this stuff to support before and have just gotten a canned answer that doesnt help or anything. Yea I really want a G702 pertaining the shape isnt changed too much.

Well he could just announce it :D:P That reminds me @chris_LogitechG i would gladly help design that mouse as I have been a fan of the shape from the MX Revolution

Though they may look similar, it's only when you palm them that you would realized that they feel different. The G402 feels a little like a Kone (albeit a tad narrower) or those old MX518 due to its shape. It's hard put into words, it's only when you have them in a side-by-side comparison that this difference in feel manifest itself. I do have both of them, including a G700s as well.....something of a Logitech mice fanboy I suppose.

20140812_183608_zps3e9dd275.jpg

Just from seeing the product photo I could tell its close to the original egg shape than the G502 which is how it should be in my opinion. I still think they should keep some variant of the original around though for those people who refuse to change as it kinda what started their legacy in gaming mice.

Also where my G402? The US is so far behind this time!