iswitched to imac g4

spwath

Nobody creaming over the brushed aluminum base? I know i am.

I can't see it tho :(

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Hmm seems rather complexe.

I think ill just try to update to lepord. I try lepord Later.

UPDATE

No more updates for a week, im going away.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Nobody creaming over the brushed aluminum base? I know i am.

It is hot. The bottom of this iMac is better looking than pretty much any computer out there. :D

It is hot. The bottom of this iMac is better looking than pretty much any computer out there. :D

And its the bottom. The bottom of most computers is boreing. Even tho you cant see it, you know its there.

I'd love a side panel done in the same design with a circle window. Would look baller IMO.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

• 1 month later...

Updated op!

The only aluminum in modern imacs is the stand!

I was going to correct you but it looks like somebody else already has.

Apple ...........Nuff said

Now can i smash it ?

Nope. It's not your property.

And its the bottom. The bottom of most computers is boreing. Even tho you cant see it, you know its there.

And here's the weird part: everybody compares the new Mac Pro to the G4 cube but if you look at the bottom of your iMac G4 and the bottom of the new Mac Pro:

D3S_0611-bottom.jpg

7406093934_9fd89b4921_z.jpg

Damn near identical.

Also I love the "flowerpot" G4. Definitely one of the most iconic PCs of all time.

"You have got to be the biggest asshole on this forum..."

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I was going to correct you but it looks like somebody else already has.

Nope. It's not your property.

And here's the weird part: everybody compares the new Mac Pro to the G4 cube but if you look at the bottom of your iMac G4 and the bottom of the new Mac Pro:

D3S_0611-bottom.jpg

7406093934_9fd89b4921_z.jpg

Damn near identical.

Also I love the "flowerpot" G4. Definitely one of the most iconic PCs of all time.

Yup, I noticed the pro and mine being similar.

Our iMac we have is plastic, with metal stand, but it is from around 2008.

Our iMac we have is plastic, with metal stand, but it is from around 2008.

Things change a lot in six years ;)

hero_2x.png

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Cool! If you want to install Debian, you should use the PowerPC version, because this isn't an Intel-based Mac.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Cool! If you want to install Debian, you should use the PowerPC version, because this isn't an Intel-based Mac.

I did use power PC version, didn't boot all the way, starts, words on screen, then whole thing v gradually goes white.

I did use power PC version, didn't boot all the way, starts, words on screen, then whole thing v gradually goes white.

Oh, okay, I see. There might be some extra steps you have to do.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Things change a lot in six years ;)

hero_2x.png

Like first, they add a SD card slot in addition to the DVD drive, then removes the DVD drive to make it slim, which IMO is pointless, it didn't take up any less space and has no DVD drive

Oh, okay, I see. There might be some extra steps you have to do.

I'll try installing something else,I try to get osx lepord on it

Like first, they add a SD card slot in addition to the DVD drive, then removes the DVD drive to make it slim, which IMO is pointless, it didn't take up any less space and has no DVD drive

They're killing the DVD. I don't use discs for anything anymore anyways. (enough anys?) If there's a disc-only software package, chances are the company is either oblivious or the software is obsolete.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

They're killing the DVD. I don't use discs for anything anymore anyways. (enough anys?) If there's a disc-only software package, chances are the company is either oblivious or the software is obsolete.

Point taken, but why remove the DVD drive, what if you have some old movies that cost money, but you have the DVD I mean, it didn't add more spave, thickness didn't matter

Point taken, but why remove the DVD drive, what if you have some old movies that cost money, but you have the DVD I mean, it didn't add more spave, thickness didn't matter

Simplicity. Also the DVD drive was in a terrible place because you could very easily insert an SD card into it and BOOM you've lost the SD card.

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

Simplicity. Also the DVD drive was in a terrible place because you could very easily insert an SD card into it and BOOM you've lost the SD card.

Our family iMac doesnt have an SD card slot :(

Also, I don't like our DVD drive, you have to push disk in all the way for it to grab it, so if it didn't work, it would be stuck inside

Our family iMac doesnt have an SD card slot :(

Also, I don't like our DVD drive, you have to push disk in all the way for it to grab it, so if it didn't work, it would be stuck inside

Well on the ones with SD and DVD, the DVD drive was right above the SD card slot so if you weren't careful, you'd put it into the DVD drive instead :P

-GingerbreadPK

sudo rm -rf /

I'd forgotten how far out of the box Apple used to be before they got really minimalist and aluminumist.  That's really neat.  Cool post!

Same here. It's something to do with the Nvidia driver, and it just refuses to work. I'm stuck on Tiger, which I guess isn't terrible.

Still more app support than Linux :P

Same here. It's something to do with the Nvidia driver, and it just refuses to work. I'm stuck on Tiger, which I guess isn't terrible.

Still more app support than Linux :P

Ah, well whatever. I'll try to get leppred on it, I have the disks

• 2 weeks later...

I understand the need for a mac. I still keep my old Power Mac G4 (FW 800) as an iTunes server so I dont have to have it on my gaming machines. Soon it will go the way of linux.

post-121868-0-84588100-1410804517.jpgpost-121868-0-17574200-1410804549.jpgpost-121868-0-20705100-1410804585.jpg

I understand the need for a mac. I still keep my old Power Mac G4 (FW 800) as an iTunes server so I dont have to have it on my gaming machines. Soon it will go the way of linux.

P1000833.JPG P1000843.JPG P1000838.JPG

I want to one of those cases, they look cool.

Update: been using it for a while, it's slow. Sometimes gets stuck. But still pretty and great for music steaming.

I loved this generation of iMacs, the screen design makes soo much since.

I wish apple would design iMacs like it again.

Also you can convert one of theses into a case with a screen and install a mac mini into it.

If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life thinking it's stupid.  - Albert Einstein