iswitched to imac g4

spwath

UPDATE

Wow, just had a big fiasco. I almost broke it. Tried to install Debian, didnt work, couldednt reinstall mac osx. FInaly did it. Installing now again. I was scarred. Ill stick with osx for now, no more os's any time soon.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Hold control and click, that is the "right click" on those mice.

Ah.

I'm exhausted.

I spent hours installing Debian twice, then figuring out how to re install mac osx. No Linux coming from me soon. I'm done with that.

Currently updating to mac osx 10.4, tiger, max supported on this iMac.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

How much RAM have you got in there?

512mb, max I can have is 1gb

Sweet. You should see if you can get the app "Mac Tracker" on your phone. It has the specs of every mac in there. Really useful.

OK, I'll check

Nope, not on android

Apple ...........Nuff said

Now can i smash it ?

You can smash my stupid debian OS disk that caused me all this harm

You can smash my stupid debian OS disk that caused me all this harm

Its a start :D

Let's agree to disagree

Ill do a bigger update tomorow explaining all that happened with this whole fiasco. After i get rest.

Ill also say how OS x 10.4 tiger is, and i think i can get minecraft runnning on it.

Apple's mice have always been pretty bad since the Macintosh days. Especially the Magic mouse that my dad has for his iMac. It's so hard to get a good grip on it at all and annoying to right click with as well. Hopefully this one isn't giving you much trouble

Life.exe is missing

UPDATE

Day 2 added

I absolutely love my iMac G4... Even if it were broken, it's too pretty to throw away.

As for Debian, make sure you're using the right version. This, of course, uses a PowerPC Chip, not Intel, so a standard install won't run on it.

I never could get Ubuntu to even boot, even with the right version. Also, take note that these absolutely WILL NOT boot off a USB- they don't support it. Use a DVD.

Good luck! Welcome to the club :P

I absolutely love my iMac G4... Even if it were broken, it's too pretty to throw away.

As for Debian, make sure you're using the right version. This, of course, uses a PowerPC Chip, not Intel, so a standard install won't run on it.

I never could get Ubuntu to even boot, even with the right version. Also, take note that these absolutely WILL NOT boot off a USB- they don't support it. Use a DVD.

Good luck! Welcome to the club :P

Ik i found all that. Aparently it can boot from firewire too.

I did get the right debian, and it did boot, but then just whitescreened and was stuck.

If mine ever breaks, ill see iif i can fit an ITX MB in there.

Yeah, i found i need to get special versons of everything. I found a powerPC minecraft, but the java is outdated and i cant update it.

Unfortunaly, no steam, i wanted to try in home streaming on it.

That's odd. I got Ubuntu to run on a G3, it's weird the G4 isn't working.

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Ik i found all that. Aparently it can boot from firewire too.

I did get the right debian, and it did boot, but then just whitescreened and was stuck.

If mine ever breaks, ill see iif i can fit an ITX MB in there.

Yeah, i found i need to get special versons of everything. I found a powerPC minecraft, but the java is outdated and i cant update it.

Unfortunaly, no steam, i wanted to try in home streaming on it.

Yeah, same black screen with Ubuntu here.

People stuck the innards of Intel NUCs in there! Then they hackintosh it, and have the best-looking Mac ever :P

And yeah, Steam lost support a while ago. Depending on your model, you may be able to get OS X Leopard, the last OS X for PPC.

Find apps for PPC Macs is difficult, but check out this site, which is a great resource. Tons of apps, and still updated frequently.

http://macpowerpc.com/

Yeah, same black screen with Ubuntu here.

People stuck the innards of Intel NUCs in there! Then they hackintosh it, and have the best-looking Mac ever :P

And yeah, Steam lost support a while ago. Depending on your model, you may be able to get OS X Leopard, the last OS X for PPC.

Find apps for PPC Macs is difficult, but check out this site, which is a great resource. Tons of apps, and still updated frequently.

http://macpowerpc.com/

Nope, cant, mines 800 Mhrz, there is a way to get leopard, but i have to trick my computer into thinking it has a higher clock speed.

Nope, cant, mines 800 Mhrz, there is a way to get leopard, but i have to trick my computer into thinking it has a higher clock speed.

Yup, LeopardAssist.

Mine's 700MHz, and runs it fine. Go for it! The app was actually just revamped a few months ago.

Trust me, I'll be able to answer any questions you have :D

http://leopardassist.sourceforge.net/

Yup, LeopardAssist.

Mine's 700MHz, and runs it fine. Go for it! The app was actually just revamped a few months ago.

OK I'll try it tomorrow

Luckily I have the disks from the guyi bought it from and I have leopard too

Yup, LeopardAssist.

One more thing, on lepord is there java 1.5?

One more thing, on lepord is there java 1.5?

Yeah, 1.5.0 I think. When you install, just keep using Software Update, as there are 7 or 8 Java updates that must be done in succession.

Yeah, 1.5.0 I think. When you install, just keep using Software Update, as there are 7 or 8 Java updates that must be done in succession.

Ok good then on leapord I can play Minecraft!

Ok good then on leapord I can play Minecraft!

Maybe... Don't expect much from that GeForce 2MX...

Maybe... Don't expect much from that GeForce 2MX...

Ik. It's bad enough on our 2008ish iMac

Nobody creaming over the brushed aluminum base? I know i am. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III