GOT THERMAL PASTE ON MOBO

elixx

maximus vi hero thermal paste on circuit on side of cpu facing ram and on cpu holding thing and on top of cpu on non metal part.

What is the non metal part of the CPU?

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

Has the thermal paste dried out?

the clue/green part around the place where you put thermal paste

With the CPU holding thing (if I'm thinking of the right thing) you can probably just wipe that of as long as your careful and don't push anything and there is no power going through the board

With the CPU holding thing (if I'm thinking of the right thing) you can probably just wipe that of as long as your careful and don't push anything and there is no power going through the board

should i use a toothpick for little corners that are hard to reach?

should i use a toothpick for little corners that are hard to reach?

Are you still there?nobody else will answer me as only new threads get responses here!!!!

ok no more answers........

ok no more answers........

I have returned

I have returned

Please what do i do?????

ArctiClean works wonders, non conductive or corrosive.

IF it's dried i'd probably suggest that you should gradually pick at it VERY CARFEULLY

IF it's dried i'd probably suggest that you should gradually pick at it VERY CARFEULLY

I already used cotton swabs and cannot see any thermal paste on the circuits in the mobo anymore and I have used the bag method to spread the paste that did get on my cpu around as the I felt that was the most appropriate way in the circumstances,I can no longer see any on the little green/blue square around the metal thing where you apply the paste as i have tried to wipe them off,I can still see a faint smidgeon there actually.Should I put the cpu cooler on and test boot?

I already used cotton swabs and cannot see any thermal paste on the circuits in the mobo anymore and I have used the bag method to spread the paste that did get on my cpu around as the I felt that was the most appropriate way in the circumstances,I can no longer see any on the little green/blue square around the metal thing where you apply the paste as i have tried to wipe them off,I can still see a faint smidgeon there actually.Should I put the cpu cooler on and test boot?

I don't understand what the blue/green square is part of? Is it on the cpu cooler?

I don't understand what the blue/green square is part of? Is it on the cpu cooler?

No on the cpu

Don't you just have a phone or something? Everybody has a phone, if not your dad should. Use that camera on that and give us a picture that shows the situation. Sometimes the situation can't just be understood correctly and you may end up even damaging it. 

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

No on the cpu

I'm getting confused why is there a green/blue square on the cpu?

No on the cpu

Dude, no need to be rude (this is going off your previous comments)

99% alcohol is the "real" solution, but if you don't have that you need to be slow and careful. I don't believe the thermal paste included with the Hyper 212 Evo is conductive, so as long as it isn't actually in the socket you should be relatively okay. Just clean off what you can and for gods sake don't take a toothpick to it.

The best method for applying thermal paste is a small pea shaped blob in the middle of the CPU.

I get that you're panicked and worried about your system being bricked, but as long as you stay calm it'll be fine.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I'm getting confused why is there a green/blue square on the cpu?

He means the PCB you can see around the heat spreader I believe

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

He means the PCB you can see around the heat spreader I believe

So will I try a test boot with the cooler?I used a cotton swab to clean it off the mobo circuits.

Is thermal paste on the PCB (the green part) around the heat spreader (the silver part)? 

If it is, just rub it off carefully, should not cause any real problems. 

4770k-1-1280x1024.jpg

Or is it inside the socket?

If it's here, be VERY careful, work with a needle or something to get it out. 

intel-lga-1150-socket.jpg

If it's anywhere, else, it should be fine, just be careful when cleaning.

@elixx

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

This is the right way to do it. In your case go to 0:41

I guess someone is going to hit me for putting this on the LTT forum.

Because its tek syndicate? No hate for that here

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Take a qtip, dunk it in some 99% isopropanol and wipe affected area

CPU -AMD R5 2600X @ 4.15 GHz / RAM - 2x8Gb GSkill Ripjaws 3000 MHz/ MB- Asus Crosshair VII Hero X470/  GPU- MSI Gaming X GTX 1080/ CPU Cooler - Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3/ PSU - Seasonic G-series 550W/ Case - NZXT H440 (Black/Red)/ SSD - Crucial MX300 500GB/ Storage - WD Caviar Blue 1TB/ Keyboard - Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Red switches/ Mouse - Logitech g900/ Display - 27" Benq GW2765 1440p display/ Audio - Sennheiser HD 558 and Logitech z323 speakers