MSI Gaming 5 DOA?

New Intel build wont post. Nothing turns on at all. I tried different ram. Tried reconnecting everything. Psu is good. I hooked my pau up to a different mobo and the light came on. Hook it up to the MSI and nothing.........DOA?

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Are any lights turned on in the motherboard?

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

bad luck man :(

sent it back to the retailer

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

No lights come on when I test it with my PSU.

No lights come on when I test it with my PSU.

did you plug the 4+4 cpu power cable :D?

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

Yes I have an 8pin and it was plugged in.

Sorry. but that sounds like a DOA motherboard...sorry.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Did you install the stand off ? If yes, then it look like a DOA  :(

Does this mobo even have a power led?

Is there a cpu power button on the mobo? On my Asus z97 I had to hit that button for it work and now everything is fine. Don't know if msi is the same or now

I had to return mine as it caught fire on first boot.

CPU: 4690k - 4.5@1.29v  GPU: GTX 780ti - core +100 / Mem+350 Motherboard: Asus Z97-A  SSD: 256Gb 840 Evo HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB  RAM: Corsair Vengance Pro 2x4Gb  Case: White H440  PSU: RM850  Cooling: NZXT Kraken X60

Got it working. Do I have to disable onboard graphics for my 290 to be recognized?

Got it working. Do I have to disable onboard graphics for my 290 to be recognized?

if it set to Auto

it will be disabled automatically

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Hmm cant get my card to display

Hmm cant get my card to display

go into BIOS

look under Peripherals options 

You're not having very good luck, OP. I have a Z97 Gaming 7 that worked on the first press of the power button.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

You're not having very good luck, OP. I have a Z97 Gaming 7 that worked on the first press of the power button.

I was being a noob with the MB. Every mobo I have owned has an led to show that there is power to it. This board doesn't have that. It lights up once you press the power on button............I eventually figured it out.........:o