Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Starostka

Which display would you suggest? Asus vs Lg

I guess it's this one 

Can't go wrong. I'd say pick whichever one you want. I think the color differences between the two will be barely noticeable. I guess another consideration you would want to make is the stand adjustments, in which case the Asus wins, but really: you can't go wrong either way.

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello guys!

Now this is my first post ever, but i thought you maybe could help me out here.

I'm about to buy a new screen, a Ultra-Wide screen this time since it would look awesome together with my setup.

I have been looking a bit at Asus PB298Q and LG 29UM65-P, and i'am almost certain it should be one of these, but i just can't decide... I have read that Asus PB298Q have a 80000000:1 contrast ratio vs LG 29UM65-P wich is 50000000:1. Now this is dynamic and not static! And i know that Lg's are 1000:1 static, but i don't know what Asus's are... Which makes me curious??

Anyway, hope some of you guys can help me :D

Kind regards

- Starostka

Hello guys!

Now this is my first post ever, but i thought you maybe could help me out here.

I'm about to buy a new screen, a Ultra-Wide screen this time since it would look awesome together with my setup.

I have been looking a bit at Asus PB298Q and LG 29UM65-P, and i'am almost certain it should be one of these, but i just can't decide... I have read that Asus PB298Q have a 80000000:1 contrast ratio vs LG 29UM65-P wich is 50000000:1. Now this is dynamic and not static! And i know that Lg's are 1000:1 static, but i don't know what Asus's are... Which makes me curious??

Anyway, hope some of you guys can help me :D

Kind regards

- Starostka

Welcome to the Forums!

Hope we can all help you out.

Comparing by Contrast Ratio really isn't a great way to buy a monitor. What are you using the monitor for, what is your PC spec, and what monitor features/specs do you really want?

Let us know that stuff and we can start to help you pick one.

Git Gud.

I really like the colours of LGs monitors: I guess i'm a little biased, I have the 34UM95. But I've also had a cheaper 23 inch LG IPS display, which was a great monitor for 2 years until I upgraded. Before that, I had an Asus 24 inch IPS display, and it was also good, but I liked the LG more. That being said, I don't think you can go wrong.

Work: Mid 2015 15 inch Retina Macbook Pro - AMD Radeon RX370m -  16gb ram - Core i7 - 1 TB PCIESSD

Play: EVGA Hadron Air - i5 6600K - Noctua NH-C14 - Gigabyte GH-H170N - 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaw - Samsung 850 256gb - Nvida GTX 1070 Founders Edition

Screen: LG UM3495

Headphones: Ultimate Ears custom 7 pro - Steelseries Wireless H - Shure se215LTD 

Welcome to the Forums!

Hope we can all help you out.

Comparing by Contrast Ratio really isn't a great way to buy a monitor. What are you using the monitor for, what is your PC spec, and what monitor features/specs do you really want?

Let us know that stuff and we can start to help you pick one.

Hey thanks!

Yeah i know that isn't ideal but it looks like the almost only thing that makes them different from each other. 

Now i would like a screen with a IPS panel, because of the colors. I like to code, make music, some editing and game "a little" no need for those high end ultra graphic games, and i like to have a lot of space on my screen since i do a ton of stuff at the same time. :)

Anyway i just need a beautiful screen with life-like colors which would work well with entertainment as well as work, editing and school.

I'am unfortunately a bit in a hurry so you should't think much about my pc specs. I will post them on my profile later, when got the time. ;)

I really like the colours of LGs monitors: I guess i'm a little biased, I have the 34UM95. But I've also had a cheaper 23 inch LG IPS display, which was a great monitor for 2 years until I upgraded. Before that, I had an Asus 24 inch IPS display, and it was also good, but I liked the LG more. That being said, I don't think you can go wrong.

Yeah i have an Asus VG236H which i have been very happy for a couble of years, but since i don't game much more... Nah

But i really like Asus so i'm a bit skeptical about trying a new brand even tho Lg's monitors has a good reputation. 

But i guess you are right and i will keep that in mind, and oh man! I would wish i could afford a 34UM95... But i don't have the horsepower anyway. Thanks!

Hey thanks!

Yeah i know that isn't ideal but it looks like the almost only thing that makes them different from each other. 

Now i would like a screen with a IPS panel, because of the colors. I like to code, make music, some editing and game "a little" no need for those high end ultra graphic games, and i like to have a lot of space on my screen since i do a ton of stuff at the same time. :)

Anyway i just need a beautiful screen with life-like colors which would work well with entertainment as well as work, editing and school.

I'am unfortunately a bit in a hurry so you should't think much about my pc specs. I will post them on my profile later, when got the time. ;)

Thanks, it was mostly your usage I needed to know. The specs are for when you get into driving something like 2.5K or 4K with gaming. I don't think you'll have trouble driving either of these.

Personally I would get the one that's cheaper. If both monitors have positive reviews and you want the 21:9 aspect ratio, you really can't go wrong with either of these.

*edit: Linus has a very recent review of a 21:9 monitor. I forget which one it is, but it looks fantastic and I would get it if I didn't have limited budget/desk space.

Git Gud.

Thanks, it was mostly your usage I needed to know. The specs are for when you get into driving something like 2.5K or 4K with gaming. I don't think you'll have trouble driving either of these.

Personally I would get the one that's cheaper. If both monitors have positive reviews and you want the 21:9 aspect ratio, you really can't go wrong with either of these.

*edit: Linus has a very recent review of a 21:9 monitor. I forget which one it is, but it looks fantastic and I would get it if I didn't have limited budget/desk space.

I guess it's this one 

Posted · Best Answer

I guess it's this one 

Can't go wrong. I'd say pick whichever one you want. I think the color differences between the two will be barely noticeable. I guess another consideration you would want to make is the stand adjustments, in which case the Asus wins, but really: you can't go wrong either way.

Git Gud.

I think i'll go with the asus one then, cause of the flexibility. Like i never really tried a forum for hardware suggestions and help before, and this have been a quick and good experience for me! ;)

So thank you guys for the help!