Which display would you suggest? Asus vs Lg

Go to solution Solved by sqwidee,

I guess it's this one 

Can't go wrong. I'd say pick whichever one you want. I think the color differences between the two will be barely noticeable. I guess another consideration you would want to make is the stand adjustments, in which case the Asus wins, but really: you can't go wrong either way.

Hello guys!

Now this is my first post ever, but i thought you maybe could help me out here.

I'm about to buy a new screen, a Ultra-Wide screen this time since it would look awesome together with my setup.

I have been looking a bit at Asus PB298Q and LG 29UM65-P, and i'am almost certain it should be one of these, but i just can't decide... I have read that Asus PB298Q have a 80000000:1 contrast ratio vs LG 29UM65-P wich is 50000000:1. Now this is dynamic and not static! And i know that Lg's are 1000:1 static, but i don't know what Asus's are... Which makes me curious??

Anyway, hope some of you guys can help me :D

Kind regards

- Starostka

Hello guys!

Now this is my first post ever, but i thought you maybe could help me out here.

I'm about to buy a new screen, a Ultra-Wide screen this time since it would look awesome together with my setup.

I have been looking a bit at Asus PB298Q and LG 29UM65-P, and i'am almost certain it should be one of these, but i just can't decide... I have read that Asus PB298Q have a 80000000:1 contrast ratio vs LG 29UM65-P wich is 50000000:1. Now this is dynamic and not static! And i know that Lg's are 1000:1 static, but i don't know what Asus's are... Which makes me curious??

Anyway, hope some of you guys can help me :D

Kind regards

- Starostka

Welcome to the Forums!

Hope we can all help you out.

Comparing by Contrast Ratio really isn't a great way to buy a monitor. What are you using the monitor for, what is your PC spec, and what monitor features/specs do you really want?

Let us know that stuff and we can start to help you pick one.

Git Gud.

I really like the colours of LGs monitors: I guess i'm a little biased, I have the 34UM95. But I've also had a cheaper 23 inch LG IPS display, which was a great monitor for 2 years until I upgraded. Before that, I had an Asus 24 inch IPS display, and it was also good, but I liked the LG more. That being said, I don't think you can go wrong.

I have a 2019 macbook pro with 64gb of ram and my gaming pc has been in the closet since 2018

Welcome to the Forums!

Hope we can all help you out.

Comparing by Contrast Ratio really isn't a great way to buy a monitor. What are you using the monitor for, what is your PC spec, and what monitor features/specs do you really want?

Let us know that stuff and we can start to help you pick one.

Hey thanks!

Yeah i know that isn't ideal but it looks like the almost only thing that makes them different from each other. 

Now i would like a screen with a IPS panel, because of the colors. I like to code, make music, some editing and game "a little" no need for those high end ultra graphic games, and i like to have a lot of space on my screen since i do a ton of stuff at the same time. :)

Anyway i just need a beautiful screen with life-like colors which would work well with entertainment as well as work, editing and school.

I'am unfortunately a bit in a hurry so you should't think much about my pc specs. I will post them on my profile later, when got the time. ;)

I really like the colours of LGs monitors: I guess i'm a little biased, I have the 34UM95. But I've also had a cheaper 23 inch LG IPS display, which was a great monitor for 2 years until I upgraded. Before that, I had an Asus 24 inch IPS display, and it was also good, but I liked the LG more. That being said, I don't think you can go wrong.

Yeah i have an Asus VG236H which i have been very happy for a couble of years, but since i don't game much more... Nah

But i really like Asus so i'm a bit skeptical about trying a new brand even tho Lg's monitors has a good reputation. 

But i guess you are right and i will keep that in mind, and oh man! I would wish i could afford a 34UM95... But i don't have the horsepower anyway. Thanks!

Hey thanks!

Yeah i know that isn't ideal but it looks like the almost only thing that makes them different from each other. 

Now i would like a screen with a IPS panel, because of the colors. I like to code, make music, some editing and game "a little" no need for those high end ultra graphic games, and i like to have a lot of space on my screen since i do a ton of stuff at the same time. :)

Anyway i just need a beautiful screen with life-like colors which would work well with entertainment as well as work, editing and school.

I'am unfortunately a bit in a hurry so you should't think much about my pc specs. I will post them on my profile later, when got the time. ;)

Thanks, it was mostly your usage I needed to know. The specs are for when you get into driving something like 2.5K or 4K with gaming. I don't think you'll have trouble driving either of these.

Personally I would get the one that's cheaper. If both monitors have positive reviews and you want the 21:9 aspect ratio, you really can't go wrong with either of these.

*edit: Linus has a very recent review of a 21:9 monitor. I forget which one it is, but it looks fantastic and I would get it if I didn't have limited budget/desk space.

Git Gud.

Thanks, it was mostly your usage I needed to know. The specs are for when you get into driving something like 2.5K or 4K with gaming. I don't think you'll have trouble driving either of these.

Personally I would get the one that's cheaper. If both monitors have positive reviews and you want the 21:9 aspect ratio, you really can't go wrong with either of these.

*edit: Linus has a very recent review of a 21:9 monitor. I forget which one it is, but it looks fantastic and I would get it if I didn't have limited budget/desk space.

I guess it's this one 

I guess it's this one 

Can't go wrong. I'd say pick whichever one you want. I think the color differences between the two will be barely noticeable. I guess another consideration you would want to make is the stand adjustments, in which case the Asus wins, but really: you can't go wrong either way.

Git Gud.

I think i'll go with the asus one then, cause of the flexibility. Like i never really tried a forum for hardware suggestions and help before, and this have been a quick and good experience for me! ;)

So thank you guys for the help!