new build wont boot

ctrladelce
Go to solution Solved by DigitalHermit,

Tried this... still the same problem with the same old 0c q code, even tried out some rams from my neighbors rig and the memok is continually lit.

The motherboard itself might be defective... Try borrowing someone else's (compatible) motherboard to see...

Or you can outright RMA the motherboard if you still can...

Hello guys.

Just made my first build yesterday but I cant get it to boot not even to bios. The dram led is constantly red on boot. The Q-code LED shows "OC" (reserved for future AMI SEC error codes - according to the asus manual).

I've tried each stick of RAM in each slot individuality, all together, and in varying combinations. I've re-seated the CPU, checked the pins (no bent pins, all looks good), removed everything and put it all together again. Still the same problem. So whatdya reckon bad mobo or CPU? Something else I missed?

Specs:

Asus x79-deluxe

Intel 4930k

G.skill 16gb TridentX 2400mhz

Asus strix gtx 780 6gb

Samsung 840 evo 250gb

WD blue 1tb 7200rpm

Cooler master v850

Corsair H110

Why have beast specs with no graphics card?

edit: Nevermind. Didn't see it.

I should be studying.

Before you go tearing though the case check the easiest troubleshooting steps first.  Have you tested the wall outlet with another device?  Is it on a surge suppressor (test it)?  Try another power cord.  Make sure that all necessary connections are made from the PSU to motherboard.  We all have left a cable loose once of twice in our lives.  Have you used this case before?  It could be as simple a a bad case switch,but here is the million dollar question, where exactly does the red led come from?  If its the MemOK!, then you may be up a creek without a paddle.  That signals bad RAM and/or a bad memory channel.  If this is the case its RMA time.

"We will never make a 32-bit operating system." -- Bill Gates, 1989

-snip-

Saving image for future reference...

Try booting without RAM and graphics card first an see what happens... It should give something different... Then add only one stick of ram, and no graphics card... See if you can get into the BIOS...

Saving image for future reference...

Try booting without RAM and graphics card first an see what happens... It should give something different... Then add only one stick of ram, and no graphics card... See if you can get into the BIOS...

Tried this... still the same problem with the same old 0c q code, even tried out some rams from my neighbors rig and the memok is continually lit.

The motherboard itself might be defective... Try borrowing someone else's (compatible) motherboard to see...

Or you can outright RMA the motherboard if you still can...