"Japan to crack down on anime and manga piracy"

TopWargamer

Source: http://torrentfreak.com/japan-to-crack-down-on-anime-and-manga-piracy-140728/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Torrentfreak+%28Torrentfreak%29

The Japanese government alongside 15 leading producers and distributors of anime and manga are set to begin a huge anti-piracy campaign against 580 sites. To complement the initiative the group will also launch a brand new portal directing pirates to official content being targeted by the scheme.

You know what, I'm just gonna out right say it (even though it's obvious): I pirate my anime. Now, I do get around to buying them whenever I get the money. Honestly, I do. I have a small anime collection going right now. I plan on buying everything that I watch over time. No doubt about that in mind. So pardon me while I say this, but I am extremely sad about this news. Whatever Japan does will more than likely affect certain websites that I (and others) go on to get our anime.

Now then, what Japan is doing with these websites is well...mass deleting them, or at least that's the plan anyways. In their place will be a link or something redirecting the user to a place where they can buy the anime or manga for cheap(ish). I mean, it's not a bad strategy, that's for sure, but man Japan, you're going all out on anti-piracy.

I'm curious to know what these 580 websites are, but the source doesn't tell which websites will be taken down.

Excuse me while I cry for a second.

avIvR.gif

EDIT: More piracy sites will more than likely pop up after all of this is said and done, unless Japan is extremely efficient.

COMIC SANS

They need to make shows more accessible to the world

Perhaps add all shows to netflix/cruncyroll etc, 

People should not have to pirate shows because they do not have easy access to them

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

i think we all are crying a little bit on the inside ;~;

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

NO, why is this happening to me ;_;

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

It's not as simple as it sounds. There's a lot of legal work, contracts, and licensing fees involved. Even if it makes it to one of those streaming platforms, it won't be on there forever, due to the licensing agreement/contract. They would only be able to stream it for a set time frame, whether that be a few months to a few years.

As a side note, Hulu and Amazon Instant Video have a very nice sized anime collection. The problem with Netflix is that their collection is too small (just throwing that out there). The problem with Hulu is that even if you pay for it, you still have to sit through ads. The problem with Amazon Instant Video is that there's no official Android app, but that isn't too big of a deal, but still a deal breaker for me. Whenever Amazon makes an Instant Video app for Android, then I will immediately switch over to that (from Netflix). Plus I would get all of those lovely Amazon Prime goodies.

:P

COMIC SANS

this will not solve anything .....

they to have it more accessible

possibly something like netflix

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I guess ill have to hurry up and finish what im watching then :o

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

snip

True but things like Hulu are not available here in my country so I cannot even use that

and UK netflix is shit so most of the time I have to use US netflix which is balls!

They really really REALLY need to sort out content distribution of TV shows.movies, its getting silly now, its freaking 2014

We have self driving cars, but can not watch a tv show when we want ><

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

People should not have to pirate shows because they do not have easy access to them

Japanese people don't care. If they have access to their manga, that is all that really matters. This is more of a crackdown on people pirating in Japan. If there is a demand for anime outside of Japan, there will always be supply. No law can stop that.

I should be studying.

True but things like Hulu are not available here in my country so I cannot even use that

and UK netflix is shit so most of the time I have to use US netflix which is balls!

They really really REALLY need to sort out content distribution of TV shows.movies, its getting silly now, its freaking 2014

It is not that simple. 

I should be studying.

this will not solve anything .....

they to have it more accessible

possibly something like netflix

but those services use geoblocking too which is half the problem.

Lets see theres crunchyroll but i have to stream it i hate it, theres DVD's unnavaible ever in my country for 60$+ per season bitch please you take us for retards max ill pay is 5$ per season.

Then i like to watch my anime with potplayer+madVR and proper setups at 1080p or best quality i can find now they want me to downgrade quality and rob banks to "not pirate"? in other life maybe.

When i will have 2-3 anime TV channells and options to donwload my anime from sites like crunchyroll same goes for manga then we talk..

Plus the world isnt composed by Japan and USA theres anime fans in every freaking corner of the world they need to have different prices for each country.

They dont want to? > piracy.We cant have all countries to be japan and USA theres middle countries who cant afford entertainment media as freaking luxury paying hundrets of $ monthly for anime/manga content when the salary where i live is ~200$.

Edited by deviant88

That is true. I forgot to take into account that Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Instant Video aren't available in certain countries, and the other countries that they are available in have a very small amount of content when comapred to their USA versions. But again, this is due to licensing agreements.

:/

COMIC SANS

The problem with Hulu is that even if you pay for it, you still have to sit through ads. 

I NEVER understood this. I paid for hulu once and then cancelled the same day. What the hell is the point if I have to watch these crappy ads? 

something "like" netflix

what i meant if all the publishers got together and made a single streaming website like netflix without all the legal BS it would solve a big issue

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Well, I don't watch Anime or read Manga and I have the Top Gear episodes on Netflix, so I'm sorted.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

That is true. I forgot to take into account that Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Instant Video aren't available in certain countries, and the other countries that they are available in have a very small amount of content when comapred to their USA versions. But again, this is due to licensing agreements.

:/

Which is total bullshit, i understand WHY but they could move past it or make an agreement

Which is total bullshit there are no borders on the internet only forced ones

It is not that simple. 

Why? Makes sense to me

something "like" netflix

what i meant if all the publishers got together and made a single streaming website like netflix without all the legal BS it would solve a big issue

Exactly there is NO reason these companies could not be like "lets put all our shows on one website, people pay to acess and stream whatever they want, we will work with content producers to give them a fair price if they allow us to show their shows"

Piracy = 0, earnings go up, more shows to be made

i think we all are crying a little bit on the inside ;~;

I'm not, I've never watched Anime nor Mange and I never really understood the hype around it. To each his own I guess.

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900

I NEVER understood this. I paid for hulu once and then cancelled the same day. What the hell is the point if I have to watch these crappy ads? 

More money for Hulu. They're popular, but nowhere near as popular as Netflix, therefore, far less revenue. They probably don't make enough from subscriptions alone to survive.

COMIC SANS

Why? Makes sense to me

In theory, but not in practice.

COMIC SANS

I'm not, I've never watched Anime nor Mange and I never really understood the hype around it. To each his own I guess.

You play video games, right? You know those people who don't play video games say the same thing about them, right? And to you, you don't understand why people think that way, because to you video games are awesome, enjoyable, and at times they can have deep stories for you to immerse yourself in. How could anybody not like it?

It's the same way with anime.

COMIC SANS

Why? Makes sense to me

There is so much complexity that goes into licensing agreements with the owners of content. Getting enough content creators to agree to licensing agreements to have enough content to create a mock "Netflix" in multiple countries is not simple at all, nor is it cheap. Many creators are smaller companies that don't necessarily have the money or time to even consider this.

I should be studying.

Now where will I get the anime that they won't show in my country??

There is so much complexity that goes into licensing agreements with the owners of content. Getting enough content creators to agree to licensing agreements to have enough content to create a mock "Netflix" in multiple countries is not simple at all, nor is it cheap. 

Sure its complex but it has to be done, and it needs to be sorted soon. Things will just get worse, more and more people want access to shows instantly, on demand for a fair price

it doesnt even have to be a cheap subscription model, perhaps you pay a small amount to access shows, maybe per episode, maybe you pay more depending on the amount of shows you want to watch

So maybe for to watch 10 shows you pay 5$, for 20 shows you pay $7.50, and the revenue is shared amongst creators

Or follow the model spotify use. I do now know, ubt I am SURE something can be done, its better than piracy