"Best" Air cooler/Fans for Gaming Pc

CraftyMiner88

Price isn't an issue and this is my build and this is your opinion.

See:

A 3000$ build and it doesn't have a second GPU nor a higher end SSD like the 840 EVO?

OP, Your storage selection makes no sense. I can understand getting a big PSU for future upgrades, but to spend all that money on that HDD is utter madness, you still wont get anywhere NEAR the performance of an SSD. The best option if you must have a lot of room for storage is always an SSD for the OS and a big HDD for storage, the SSD OS drive speeds your system up more than any other single thing in a build. This is not opinion, it's fact, SSD's are in an entire ballpark of their own compared to any HDD. And if price isn't an issue as you say, you should be getting a couple of nice sized SSD's instead of one big HDD.

The other things I pointed out are indeed opinion, but the SSD VS HDD issue is pure fact, for what your spending, an HDD is a complete and total waste of time and money, even with an unlimited budget.

As for the question, the best air cooler is the twin 140mm (Can't remember the name of it) from Noctua.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

get a coolermaster 212 and some 5200rpm delta fans

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Are you blind? Custom: A-Data SP920 1TB that is an ssd!

I did miss this, my bad. It's a custom part with no price at the bottom of the list. A 1TB SSD that no ones ever heard of seems sketchy.

I picked these parts myself, not parts that people say are the "best". Also, the 1500i because I want to be able to do anything (be able to change parts as I go), the VelociRaptor 10000rpm for video (YouTube/twitch). The first build plan I had was $5000 so I have downgraded my plan!

You should absolutely do what you think is best for you, but when people with more knowledge and who actually own these parts tell you something is better, you should do the research into seeing if they are right or not. Right now you could get this 3000$ pc for 2000$ by picking better quality items that arent overpriced, or if price doesn't matter like you say and you're bent on spending that much, stick with the 3000$ and get something that's 30-40% better than what you have picked now.

• A 1500W PSU is going to make your PC crap itself. Estimated wattage is 500W and you're feeding it 3x that much. You could easily knock off 200$ and get a 1000W PSU to optimize.
  • 32GB of ram accomplishes nothing. I don't think ive ever even heard of a pc using that much ram. 16GB is still considered overkill in most applications. That's another 150$ wasted.
  • You have a mobo that is highly optimized for HIGH overclocking and fine tweaking, and a cpu cooler that can't possibly handle the heat your overclock would output. It has 4 pci express slots and you only use 2. You could get a z97 mobo rather than the z87 you chose and it would cost 100$ less.
  • You can get windows 8.1 on g2a.com for about $22 rather than the $150. Im not sure myself on the differences between professional and home but from what ive seen there are little to none, so for a home desktop it isnt worth the money.
  • If you're spending 500$ on a 1TB SSD then it might not be worth paying 100% more for a 30% increase in speed on your mechanical HD. Are you sure you will use 2TB of space? Will what you're storing on the 1TB SSD actually benefit from being on a SSD or did you just pick the largest size? You could easily save another $100 by upping the mechanical to 2TB, lowering the SSD to 500GB or 250GB.
  • All that saved money could be used to get a 2nd GPU which would make a much larger difference, or a liquid cooler like the h100i. If this really is a gaming and video rendering pc, that's where youll find tangible differences in performance, not extra ram and giant hard drives.

It's like going to a car dealership and getting the option between a $20k hummer and a $100k ferrari, but you want the hummer for $100k since you're willing to spend that much and it serves your needs. Do what you want, but if you tell any car enthusiast about your purchase they're going to call you out.

That being said, enjoy the build. Like I said, all opinions with a grain of salt and no offense towards your decisions.

I picked these parts myself, not parts that people say are the "best". Also, the 1500i because I want to be able to do anything (be able to change parts as I go), the VelociRaptor 10000rpm for video (YouTube/twitch). The first build plan I had was $5000 so I have downgraded my plan!

Well, each to their own :). At least I know you have some reason to pick the parts, but the ones you chose are a bit overkill. Per example, if you're storing video, just go for a butt ton of Caviar Greens (archive) and a single high-capacity SSD (alongside your OS SSD if you prefer) if you do editing work (and move it to the Caviar Green to archive it when done). My last say if you really want to outdo yourself. Choice is completely yours either way :P

I agree with what many others have said. For storage, if you want everything to be on the SSD, thats fine. But for your recording you can go with just WD Black and get more capacity instead, if you really need more speed use a RAID 0 configuration. Just make sure your games are in a separate location so the HDD isn't doing double work reading the game and writing video. Also you could get a cheaper motherboard since you won't be doing any kind of extreme overclocking with that cooler. The sound card isn't needed, even one of the ~$200 motherboards will have decent onboard audio and you won't be able to tell the difference unless you are an audiophile.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/54846-best-hard-disk-drive-setup-for-recording-games/

i5 4670 | Asrock Fatal1ty H87 | G.Skill 16GB snipars | Gigabyte GTX 760 Windforce | CM 690 III | 850 Evo 250GB + 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Seasonic G-750 | Logitech G502 | AKG K553 | Windows 10

I agree with what many others have said. For storage, if you want everything to be on the SSD, thats fine. But for your recording you can go with just WD Black and get more capacity instead, if you really need more speed use a RAID 0 configuration. Just make sure your games are in a separate location so the HDD isn't doing double work reading the game and writing video. Also you could get a cheaper motherboard since you won't be doing any kind of extreme overclocking with that cooler. The sound card isn't needed, even one of the ~$200 motherboards will have decent onboard audio and you won't be able to tell the difference unless you are an audiophile.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/54846-best-hard-disk-drive-setup-for-recording-games/

So 7200rpm is enough for recording 1080p video?, also the reason I'm in this tread is to find another cooler to get 4.4+ GHz on my cpu.

So 7200rpm is enough for recording 1080p video?, also the reason I'm in this tread is to find another cooler to get 4.4+ GHz on my cpu.

for recording? yes its fine. and if you are gonna waste that much money on that build, and truely have an unlimited budget, just get a custom water cooling loop. itll look better, and preform better

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

Are you overclocking the processor? If you are, then go with a liquid cooler. Either the H100i or, if you think  you can construct it, a custom cooling loop. If you aren't overclocking you can use just about anything. The stock cooler that comes with the processor will do the job, but you could go for a smaller noctua air cooler or the hyper 212 evo.

And as mentioned by some others,I forgot to add that the on board audio of most mid ranged motherboards has already made sound cards obsolete. I would assume since the mobo you chose is so expensive and high end that the audio on it makes a sound card pointless, but its something you should consider looking into.

I can record 1080p videos on a 4 year old 5000rpm hard drive in my laptop. All the speed does is allow you to open files and run some programs slightly faster, but it won't prevent some things from running. Check on youtube for harddrive RPM benchmarks and youll see the differences and decide whats best.

A lot of famous youtubers will have videos or links to everything that makes up their rig. If this is the kind of thing you plan on working towards with your build, you should check out some of these videos and see what people are using.

A guy like Gassymexican, who uploads 2-3 1080p videos every day, uses a set up that costs a fraction of what you're looking at. Here is what he describes it as on his chanel

Equipment:

CPU: i7 3770k

RAM: 16GB DDR3

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Classified

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Edition

Mouse: Logitech G500s

Headphones: Audio-Technica ATH-M50

Microphone: Audio-Technica AT2035

Audio Interface: Line 6 UX2 Pod

Webcam: Logitech C920 HD Pro

Gaming Laptop: MSI GE70

open your side panel and butt up one of these to your pc

Box-Fan.jpg

Seriously, one of these fans can be had for $15 in australia, compared to $20 for a single corsair AF or SP..   SERIOUSLY??

http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-HT-900-TurboForce-Fan/dp/B001R1RXUG

or one of these. Has some insane static pressure. I use it to cool my room off since the AC doesn't really reach.

If you want to build a pc for recording, editing and uploading, then you are wasting a lot of your time with this build. A no-budget youtube pc should be fast at rendering, editing and providing a stable performance for the sake of the viewers which could probably hear the 10'000rpm hdd... And with that ram, you might have troble with aircoolers.

my sugestions:

- i7 4930K

- Noctua NH-D15

- Corsair Vengeace LP series 4x8GB 1600mhz

- Asus P9X79-E WS

- Corsair AX1200i 

- EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX SLI (or if you want to go with one Ti...)

- Samsung 840 EVO 500GB + WD Black 3/4TB (get a sparre SSD an cache it!)

- Casefans: Noctua NF-A14 (lot's of air for the coolers, your corsair fans are more for radiators)

- Soundcard and case of your choice

If you want to ignore this, go with a corsair h105, because nothing else will go nice with that ram.

ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ