which fans of these 3 should i get? i hate noctua nf-f12's.

ShiverMePenguins

21$

4$

9$

i'm getting a haf xb for a lan gaming rig. going to need to be near silent and still have good cooling performance. so it will basically need 3 fans. thats a huge difference from the yateloons to the noiseblockers and price.

and i put the noctua comment because i already have purchased noctua's before, and they aren't worth the 30$ imho.

Corsair SP120 Quiet Editions are all that I know of. They're sort of like the value edition of the NF-F12s.

NZXT has quiet fans for $8 and they move a decent amount of air.

Corsair SP120 Quiet Editions are all that I know of. They're sort of like the value edition of the NF-F12s.

which of these 3 fans would you want. i am well aware of many fans and manufactures. i have not used any of these 3 and were wanting to have another opinion with the videos provided. because they provide an adequate insight into the sounds of the fans.

and for the record i cannot stand corsair fans. they have too much whine for me.

NZXT has quiet fans for $8 and they move a decent amount of air.

see the post above please.

which of these 3 fans would you want. i am well aware of many fans and manufactures. i have not used any of these 3 and were wanting to have another opinion with the videos provided. because they provide an adequate insight into the sounds of the fans.

and for the record i cannot stand corsair fans. they have too much whine for me.

see the post above please.

I recommended another fan because I can't recommend any of the three listed. If you're not going to appreciate our input, don't ask of it from us at all.

out of all the fans you have listed the gelids are my personal coice.

but you should look at other fans.

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

I have a gelid wings 12 on my CPU, really nice fan, can get noisy once it gets around 1500rpm. under that though they are silent.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Gelid is the only one I have heard, it's an ok fan and probably (though I won't guarantee it) moves more air than the other two.

I recommended another fan because I can't recommend any of the three listed. If you're not going to appreciate our input, don't ask of it from us at all.

He didn't ask for input on other fans, he asked for input on those three specific fans.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Gelid is the only one I have heard, it's an ok fan and probably (though I won't guarantee it) moves more air than the other two.

He didn't ask for input on other fans, he asked for input on those three specific fans.

thanks for the input. do you not feel that any of these are a viable solution? i have a gelid wing and it is honestly more pleasing inside my fractal r4 than the nf-f12 i have so i was hoping the silent-12 would be very similar.

and prefferably the better option as i don't want my cooling solution to get over 200 (with case).

I have a gelid wings 12 on my CPU, really nice fan, can get noisy once it gets around 1500rpm. under that though they are silent.

yeah, the one i'm looking at is the temp controlled one, i was thinking of placing it inbetween my 660ti's since that will be the hottest part of the system. plus it's a haf xb, its a tiny thing :P

out of all the fans you have listed the gelids are my personal coice.

but you should look at other fans.

could you explain why you would choose the gelid over the others? what was your impression between the other 2 when you watched the video.

I just got the R4 define today, not got extra fans yet, I'm running 2 x GTX560 in SLI, The temps are in the 40's and 50's idle on auto fan control....

So i have ordered a couple of these

Just now need to figure out the best fan config for the Define.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B008ENMSZU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

why do you hate noctua fans?  I'm not sure why you're looking at those fans when there are better ones out there.

What did you say you were going to use the fans for? Ventilation or radiator?

From the stats you supplied, I would go with gelid for radiator and noise blocker for ventilation

Edit:
I took the liberty of listin' all the specs. It seems like you're after a ventilation fan, in which case you shouln't be looking at the NF-F12s anyway, so I also listed a better sugestion from the Noctua camp. I haven't checked the stats in any way, the Noiseblockers and the Gelids i got from the videos, the Yateloon i got from their website, and the same for the Noctua

Airflow-CFM  Pressure-mm(H2O)  Noise-dBANoiseblockers         43.9         0.508             12.6Yateloon              47           N/A               28Gelid                 37           1.07              20.2---------------------------------------------------------------NoctuaNF-S12A         63           1.19              17.8

What did you say you were going to use the fans for? Ventilation or radiator?

From the stats you supplied, I would go with gelid for radiator and noise blocker for ventilation

Edit:

I took the liberty of listin' all the specs. It seems like you're after a ventilation fan, in which case you shouln't be looking at the NF-F12s anyway, so I also listed a better sugestion from the Noctua camp. I haven't checked the stats in any way, the Noiseblockers and the Gelids i got from the videos, the Yateloon i got from their website, and the same for the Noctua

Airflow-CFM  Pressure-mm(H2O)  Noise-dBANoiseblockers         43.9         0.508             12.6Yateloon              47           N/A               28Gelid                 37           1.07              20.2---------------------------------------------------------------NoctuaNF-S12A         63           1.19              17.8

yes i'm after a ventilation. most likely in a haf-xb or lian li pc-v650 (if i can source one). so high pressure isn't the issue, its ventilation while remaining silent.

i may get a f-s12a for an exhaust fan, but i find even a airfilter destroys the ones i have airflow.

why do you hate noctua fans?  I'm not sure why you're looking at those fans when there are better ones out there.

because i'm not after high static pressure and coil whine.

yes i'm after a ventilation. most likely in a haf-xb or lian li pc-v650 (if i can source one). so high pressure isn't the issue, its ventilation while remaining silent.

i may get a f-s12a for an exhaust fan, but i find even a airfilter destroys the ones i have airflow.

because i'm not after high static pressure and coil whine.

Of the three fans there, Noiseblockers seems the way to go then. But keep in mind that the stats up there all suggests that those Noctuas will perform better than the Noiseblockers at both moving air and pushing it through a filter. 

Of the three fans there, Noiseblockers seems the way to go then. But keep in mind that the stats up there all suggests that those Noctuas will perform better than the Noiseblockers at both moving air and pushing it through a filter. 

yeah, will be a tough decision. i do know the fs12 i have laying around somewhere gets a significantly different tone when a filter is on it.

Noiseblocker usually make good stuff, so i would go with it :)

I7 4770K - @4.5Ghz  |  Be quiet Dark Rock Pro 3  | Asus Maximus VII Ranger Z97  | Kingston Genesis 8GB | Be quiet Power Zone 750w   | Sapphire R9 Fury X |  Sandisk SSD 120Go + WD Green 1TB 7200 rpm | Nzxt Phantom 410

I would go with the Noiseblockers because they offer pretty nice silent with good airflow fans.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Id get Noiseblocker B12-3 they are quieter and move more air than NF-F12's with some restriction.

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

This may be late, but I have a HAF-XB with dual GTX 670's and my computer runs basically silent while gaming. I use Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 fans, they are very good and will be inaudible in a LAN environment. They are extremely expensive, but IMO they are worth it.

i5 3570K • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP • 2x Asus GTX 670 SLI • Asus Sabertooth z77 • Asus PCE-AC66 • Crucial M4 256GB • Corsair AX 850 • Sound Blaster Xz • Fractal Define R4 • Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 • Dell U2713HM • Sennheiser RS 180 • Fanatec Porsche GT2 Wheel • Clubsport Pedals

i'm going to try for the noiseblockers, i'll figure out which one is truly more quiet, the noctuas nf-a14 (slower rpm than f12) or the nosieblockers.

there are many NB fans.. which ones?

5 different multi-frames

6 different e-loops

airdeano

I have the new Corsair fans, I can highly recommend them.

Very quiet.

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058

I have the new Corsair fans, I can highly recommend them.

Very quiet.

Coolermaster Scout 2 Case / ASROCK 990FX Extreme3 Motherboard / AMD FX 8350 8 Core CPU (Stock Speed) / Corsair H100i CPU Cooler / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 WindForce OC 6GB / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/20323-scout-2-update-build-fx8350-h100i/#entry244058