Would you like a heatshrinkless paracord sleeving guide?

I've been asked how I did my sleeving and what guides, methods etc I used for it, both on the forums, pictures of my build, facebook, my buildlog etc.

I know there are plenty of guides to normal sleeving using heatshrink, but not that many for heatshrinkless, especially with paracord. The ones that are around often use methods that require some pretty expensive or hard to find tools that I think are just not necessary and a waste of time and money. Because of the lack of guides, and the amount I have been asked, I am considering making a guide on the method that I use for all of my cables. 

So, would you like me to make a guide for it? (The guide will use text and pictures. I'll probably take pictures of a lot of things so you get a visual representation of what I mean)

F4t2pXB.jpg

dG7Mf2w.jpg

L7GcMC6.jpg

nEL4tuM.jpg

Zqj646G.jpg

Is this bad?

That's the guide I based my cables on, but I find that he uses some methods that don't work all too well and some that can just be skipped altogether. 

That'd be cool, then. I want to do more with paracord. :)

Sure. I'd like to look into doing my own cables anyway. =)

That'd be cool, then. I want to do more with paracord. :)

Thanks. It's cheaper than MDPC sleeving, and I think it looks better and is nicer to work with than MDPC. 

Sure. I'd like to look into doing my own cables anyway. =)

It's not as hard as everyone makes it out to be, but it is a pain in the ass sometimes. The last two pictures I posted were my first attempt using the heatshrinkless method, so it should give you an idea of how easy it is to make it look good when it's done right. 

Thanks. It's cheaper than MDPC sleeving, and I think it looks better and is nicer to work with than MDPC. 

+1

I only use Paracord on my products.

Official Profile for Addon Customs LTD and Custom Acrylics
Addon Customs -
Custom LED Lighting | Single colour and RGB available, hand sleeved | Now making Phanteks Case compatible LED KITS
Custom Acrylics - Custom computer parts | GPU backplates, Fan Grills, NZXT H440 Fascias and PSU covers | 3D printing and Laser Cutting Service available.

Seems like it's leaning towards a yes. 

If I have time, I'll try to get it done tomorrow. I have some more sleeving that I need to do anyway, so maybe I'll make the guide as I go along. 

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the video! I've never used paracord, but will be in the next few days.

---------- Alex ----------

Computer Science & Mathematics

// CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHzGPU: GTX 770Motherboard: MSI MPOWEROS: Manjaro Linux & Win 7  | Case: Vegeance C70 | XSPC Raystorm 750 //