The Snowbird - H440, Sabranco, PlastiDip & more! (heavy WIP)

lachyman

dqSoE9y.jpg

Hey there fellow LTT'ers,

time has come for me to share my personal work with you, and to be honest, it's pretty bad, so don't get your hopes up now. Though I wouldn't share it with you if it was to stay and I have some pretty interesting plans for this. 

Today I recieved my 780 which starts my personal upgrade project, the Snowbird.

So without further ado, here are the horrid huge pics, courtesy of my Xperia U:

Before:

TJr0w1X.jpg

After installing the 780:

qL00rcL.jpg

It's pretty bad, I know, though hopefully it's going to change.

The plan: My favorite color is white, best with some black nicely fitting in, so I plan to do this:

Get the white NZXT H440 case and Asus Sabranco Z97 board when it comes out

Plasti-dip the ACX cooler shroud white 

Get the Swiftech H220X

Get some Bitfenix Alchemy white sleeved extensions and maybe LED strips

Optional:

Get another 128GB SSD of the same type as a dedicated boot drive

Replace all the fans with NB eLoops.

What do you think guys?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

why is the gpu in the bottom pci slot?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. The top slot is broken and causes all kinds of weird issues so I opted for slot 2.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

and just my opinion i dont like the h320 because i had one and my friend had one and his pump is really loud and my pump died.

Main Rig: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz, sabertooth z87, Gtx 980, hx 750 ,16gb vengeance pro, 120gb kingston ssd, 3tb segate

other than that nice build and i love seeing h440 builds

Main Rig: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz, sabertooth z87, Gtx 980, hx 750 ,16gb vengeance pro, 120gb kingston ssd, 3tb segate

RMA it then?

MSI RMA service sucks and I would be like a month without my PC and I plan to change it anyway, so I will RMA it and sell it when I get the Sabranco.

So is the Sabranco basically a white version of the Sabertooth Mark 1?

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

So is the Sabranco basically a white version of the Sabertooth Mark 1?

Yeah should be just it's nicer sibling. It should be released as a limited edition in the next few months, hopefully here as well. If not I will buy the normal Sabertooth and plastidip the armor white, though that probably won't look as good.

Also any ideas for the name?

Yeah should be just it's nicer sibling. It should be released as a limited edition in the next few months, hopefully here as well. If not I will buy the normal Sabertooth and plastidip the armor white, though that probably won't look as good.

Also any ideas for the name?

Well it looks like a cool board and so far I am loving my Sabertooth Mark 1.

As for the name, you could call it the Yeti 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches

Well it looks like a cool board and so far I am loving my Sabertooth Mark 1.

As for the name, you could call it the Yeti 

That's cool. My personal idea was "The White Star" and "Snowbird".

Also I think I will get the Swiftech H220X if it gets available here, it seems that the H220/320 are disappearing now. I also thought of the NZXT Kraken X61, though I'm leaning more towards Swiftech. What do you think?

Update 8/2/2014:

Build log finally has a banner, thanks again to @Rumikarimu for his awesome work!

Yes thank you for the mention, but why plastidip? Use something cheaper (atleast cheaper for me) like Krylon Fusion. I used it for the 760's ACX Cooler, which you can see here, as well as my Ram's Metal heatsinks.

Here are some glamour shots of the PC, as well as the process I went through to colour my Ram & GPU.

5evCqYy.jpg

kwCFBg8.jpg

j7QBtNq.png

x3Zo3EQ.jpg

1M0mqyI.jpg

zLLvedd.jpg

ZcptPAD.jpg

Mm dat yellow

PLuidh2.jpg

5khsKui.jpg

Yes thank you for the mention, but why plastidip? Use something cheaper (atleast cheaper for me) like Krylon Fusion. I used it for the 760's ACX Cooler, which you can see here, as well as my Ram's Metal heatsinks.

Here are some glamour shots of the PC, as well as the process I went through to colour my Ram & GPU.

5evCqYy.jpg

kwCFBg8.jpg

j7QBtNq.png

x3Zo3EQ.jpg

1M0mqyI.jpg

zLLvedd.jpg

ZcptPAD.jpg

Mm dat yellow

PLuidh2.jpg

5khsKui.jpg

I want to use plastidip because it's idiot-proof and I as a beginner would much rather pay up a little rather than ruin a €450 graphics card.

I watch your build log closely so I know you are not talented just in CS6 but in modding too, really great work you have there. Though when I first saw it I kept wondering "Where is the 760T?" :D

The plan currently is to purchase the H440 first, though I will probably need to sell my 660 first. The dust the HAF XM lets in is enormous and as far as I know ACX can't counter that unlike TF I had before, so I need to stop that first.

A very small update:

I posted my 660 in the Classifieds section if anybody was interested, it's got quite a lucrative price on it. I will get the H440 after I get rid of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck with that . Nice build :)

Thanks, I reckon I will have the H440 soon, that's when this is going to speed up and get a bit more interesting :)