Blacklight Retribution problem

glutesontheloose

Hey guys, I downloaded Blacklight Retribution via Torrent version. Whenever I try to launch it, it says its "Trying to update the launcher, please be patient" then after 2 tries, it shows an error:

post-324-0-62842000-1369242626.png

I can't seem to find any solutions to fix this. Took me some time to actually download the client so I don't want my time to be wasted just to get this. Any Blacklight players out there who had this problem and got it fixed? While looking for a solution for this I see a lot players having problems with the launcher itself but in my case I can't even see the Launcher.

I downloaded the BL 1100 version btw. Punkbuster reports that its fine, installed DirectX updates that came with the download, using Windows 8 64-bit.

Hope someone could help me with this. :)

post-324-0-62842000-1369242626.png

I've actually had this problem with the steam version. It does this a few times. Just ended up fixing itself the next day. 

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Probably some problem with Windows 8 or your firewall perhaps? I cannot really think of anything as its a pirated version, but try checking on the torrents comments to see if other have had the same problem and if they used any solution which helped fixed it.

PC in Profile

Probably some problem with Windows 8 or your firewall perhaps? I cannot really think of anything as its a pirated version, but try checking on the torrents comments to see if other have had the same problem and if they used any solution which helped fixed it.

This game is Free-to-play and I got the torrent version from the official BLR Website :) Its not pirated or something...

I actually tried moving the install folder on the steam folder for it to be detected properly but steam keeps on saying an executable error or something.

Try contacting Steam and the games devs. Thats what I did when my Metro 2033 wasn't working for me :)

PC in Profile