Battlefield 3(fps)

Hey there,

So I had this recent problem with Battlefield 3 which I got for free with Origin's On the House promo... Whenever I play the game I get 1-5fps even on the menu... No it's not my hardware and no I don't have conflicting programs... Anyone else having this trouble?

I got fed up and uninstalled it already... I might reconsider sometime in the near future...

You do have a weak CPU but 5fps is too low.

What about drivers, up to date?

I got fed up and uninstalled it already... I might reconsider sometime in the near future...

Not sure how we can help if you have uninstalled it and given up

There is probably a simple solution to your problem

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Everything's up to date.. I even have a light overclock... Thermals are good... FPS is good in other games too... Only BF3 is suffering...

GPU driver is Catalyst 14.4...

i have same problem for 2 moths i had 40 fps and than 1-5fps cant fix :(

i have same problem for 2 moths i had 40 fps and than 1-5fps cant fix :(

I knew I wasn't alone... Still... I wanted to relive the campaign and tear it down for all it's worth (I'm not a multiplayer guy...) Everything was going fine and I was getting a 45-60fps in 720p (yes I still game in 720p because of my monitor which is 768p) then suddenly it appeared... 1-5fps every single fucking time... reboot, reinstall drivers, checked hardware, etc.... no prob... Tested other games, no prob... did benchmarks, decent score... Only this fucking game...

I knew I wasn't alone... Still... I wanted to relive the campaign and tear it down for all it's worth (I'm not a multiplayer guy...) Everything was going fine and I was getting a 45-60fps in 720p (yes I still game in 720p because of my monitor which is 768p) then suddenly it appeared... 1-5fps every single fucking time... reboot, reinstall drivers, checked hardware, etc.... no prob... Tested other games, no prob... did benchmarks, decent score... Only this fucking game...

Maybe your BF3 was trying to use your APU instead of your GPU

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Do you have AMD Gaming Evolved App installed ?

I had the same problem, when i turn off the AMD Gaming Evolved App, the problem stoped. Somehow the AMD App overlay is conflicting with Origin overlay.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

Maybe your BF3 was trying to use your APU instead of your GPU

APU IGP can play BF3 at medium with acceptable frame rates (20-40fps)... and the IGP is disabled using the mobo's BIOS so I don't think that this is the case...

Do you have AMD Gaming Evolved App installed ?

I had the same problem, when i turn off the AMD Gaming Evolved App, the problem stoped. Somehow the AMD App overlay is conflicting with Origin overlay.

Yes I do, but the Raptr overlay is disabled... I wanted to get some points for those game raffle tickets...

APU IGP can play BF3 at medium with acceptable frame rates (20-40fps)... and the IGP is disabled using the mobo's BIOS so I don't think that this is the case...

I guess so

Try rollback drivers to a previous version, or try beta drivers, maybe there is a conflict

Yes I do, but the Raptr overlay is disabled... I wanted to get some points for those game raffle tickets...

It wouldn't hurt to exit that app and try to play BF3.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X with Nox Hummer H240 Aura AIO Liquid Cooler; MOBO: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F; GPU: XFX RX 6800 RAM: Viper Steel 16 Gb (2X8) 4400Mhz DDR4; Storage: Adata XPG 512 Gb M.2 NVME SSD + 1 Tb WD Blue HDD + 1 Lexar Tb SSD; Case: Phanteks P350X; PSU: Corsair RM750i 80+ Gold; Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q 1440p @170hz; Headset: Hyper X Cloud Stinger; K&M: CM Storm Quickfire TK & Logitech G502.

It wouldn't hurt to exit that app and try to play BF3.

A bit late to try now... I uninstalled BF3 last night... I might try doing that when I want to relive the campaign again...

Honest criticism of the camapaign:

Bland as fuck... I mean really... It's not immersive enough and there's a fuckload of loose ends...

It's your CPU.

Try playing team deathmatch on canals, back when I had an a10 5700 that's about all It could handle.

Also it's your graphics card, Radeon cards if I remember correctly are having a known stutterting issue and other issues. Which is why you don't use radeon cards for gaming. I'm running a gtx 660 and I can play bf3 and bf4 on ultra with no problems at all.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Also it's your graphics card, Radeon cards if I remember correctly are having a known stutterting issue and other issues. Which is why you don't use radeon cards for gaming.

What kind of rubbish is this you are talking about?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

What kind of rubbish is this you are talking about?

A quick browse of just about any graphics card trouble shooting section on any forum will answer that question. 90% of the people having trouble playing battlefield, are using radeon cards. And as I said, I'm pretty much using the exact Nvidia equivalent as the OP, (I'm guessing, I have 2 gigs ddr5 Vram, as does he) and I can play on ultra just fine, granted I'm playing at 60hz @ 720p, but only because my monitor is a 720, I can set my graphics to 1080 with no problems, it just doesn't look any better.

I'm not saying it's the hardware itself, it's mantle being what it is, a beta graphics card driver with shoddy support.

A quick browse of just about any graphics card trouble shooting section on any forum will answer that question. 90% of the people having trouble playing battlefield, are using radeon cards. And as I said, I'm pretty much using the exact Nvidia equivalent as the OP, (I'm guessing, I have 2 gigs ddr5 Vram, as does he) and I can play on ultra just fine, granted I'm playing at 60hz @ 720p, but only because my monitor is a 720, I can set my graphics to 1080 with no problems, it just doesn't look any better.

I'm not saying it's the hardware itself, it's mantle being what it is, a beta graphics card driver with shoddy support.

Umm... BF3 doesn't have Mantle iirc... Might you be referring to BF4?

And I got my system on a discount so I'm not complaining that it's relatively slow... But still... From (my) real working scenarios, it doesn't really matter to me if I get 144fps at 4k with a triple monitor setup (but that would be fucking awesome but would also be fucking expensive)... I just want my machine to run my games reliably at a playable fps...

Umm... BF3 doesn't have Mantle iirc... Might you be referring to BF4?

And I got my system on a discount so I'm not complaining that it's relatively slow... But still... From (my) real working scenarios, it doesn't really matter to me if I get 144fps at 4k with a triple monitor setup (but that would be fucking awesome but would also be fucking expensive)... I just want my machine to run my games reliably at a playable fps...

That was my point, bf3 isn't supported by mantle, which could be the problem. What do you have the graphics set to?

I can tell you that since I upgraded to a much more powerful (and thus more expensive) cpu, my play experience in battlefield bad company 2, battlefield 3, and battlefield 4 is greatly improved, no more screen tearing and framerate drops just because some crazy sh*t is happening on screen, even with the same GPU. Battlefield games tend to be fairly cpu intensive, especially 3 and 4.

I could be wrong, could be a bug with bf3 itself. Just offering my two cents since I used to play with the a10 5700 (non K) APU, which is fairly close to yours.

That was my point, bf3 isn't supported by mantle, which could be the problem. What do you have the graphics set to?

I can tell you that since I upgraded to a much more powerful (and thus more expensive) cpu, my play experience in battlefield bad company 2, battlefield 3, and battlefield 4 is greatly improved, no more screen tearing and framerate drops just because some crazy sh*t is happening on screen, even with the same GPU. Battlefield games tend to be fairly cpu intensive, especially 3 and 4.

I could be wrong, could be a bug with bf3 itself. Just offering my two cents since I used to play with the a10 5700 (non K) APU, which is fairly close to yours.

768p Ultra preset... 30-45fps tried and tested before the problem came up... I'm suspecting Origin being an AMD hater or something else now... And like I said, I just want my PC to run my programs reliably...

btw... What hardware do you have? I'd like to see if it fits the budget that I bought my rig with (after currency conversion, tax, and local artificial inflation)...

768p Ultra preset... 30-45fps tried and tested before the problem came up... I'm suspecting Origin being an AMD hater or something else now... And like I said, I just want my PC to run my programs reliably...

btw... What hardware do you have? I'd like to see if it fits the budget that I bought my rig with (after currency conversion, tax, and local artificial inflation)...

• CPU: Intel Core I5-4690k
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
  • RAM: Adata 1600 8g (2x4)
  • GPU: EVGA FTW GTX 660
  • Case: Corsair 540 Air
  • Storage: WD Black 7200rpm 1Tb / Samsung Evo 840 128g SSD
  • PSU: Seasonic X-series 750w 80+gold
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Sound: Sony 470w sound system. (dual 8 inch woofers, 14 "driver units")

The sound system I've had for like, over 13 years now.

My old Mobo and CPU were:

CPU: AMD A10 5700 FM2 APU, 3.4 Ghz (3.5 turbo)

Motherboard: Asus FM2 A85-V Pro

You can get cheaper Intel CPU's and motherboards that would probably work just as good as what I've got, but this Motherboard was the cheapest SLI capable board I could find (for if/when I have the money for 2 gpu's). I can say it feels like I've gone from a moped to a lambo. That APU just bogged down way too easily, it could barely play minecraft, this one seems to truck right through it with view set to max (unmodded minecraft, so a bit of lag from minecraft just being minecraft)

I would definitely advise that you turn bf3 down to as low a graphics setting as possible. The AMD APU's just can't handle ultra in my experience with mine. Not sure if your RAM is an issue, mine is 1600, but always tries to run at 1333, I just set it back up to 1600. Although as Linus says, memory speed doesn't matter in gaming

I don't have a total price because I've bought a bunch of different coolers, and other components, fans, etc. The motherboard and CPU I now have were roughly 400$ USD total with shipping and 1 year accidental damage warranties on each.

• CPU: Intel Core I5-4690k
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5
  • RAM: Adata 1600 8g (2x4)
  • GPU: EVGA FTW GTX 660
  • Case: Corsair 540 Air
  • Storage: WD Black 7200rpm 1Tb / Samsung Evo 840 128g SSD
  • PSU: Seasonic X-series 750w 80+gold
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Sound: Sony 470w sound system. (dual 8 inch woofers, 14 "driver units")

The sound system I've had for like, over 13 years now.

My old Mobo and CPU were:

CPU: AMD A10 5700 FM2 APU, 3.4 Ghz (3.5 turbo)

Motherboard: Asus FM2 A85-V Pro

You can get cheaper Intel CPU's and motherboards that would probably work just as good as what I've got, but this Motherboard was the cheapest SLI capable board I could find (for if/when I have the money for 2 gpu's). I can say it feels like I've gone from a moped to a lambo. That APU just bogged down way too easily, it could barely play minecraft, this one seems to truck right through it with view set to max (unmodded minecraft, so a bit of lag from minecraft just being minecraft)

Way outside my budget man... My base system (peripherals included) cost around 400USD (converted) total... Incremental upgrades ramped the cost up to 550USD (converted)... Add software and it easily goes beyond 600USD (converted)... Price inflation of pc parts is bad in our county and good parts (for the money) are really hard to come by... A 20USD price difference also means a lot in our currency (PhP)...

Way outside my budget man... My base system (peripherals included) cost around 400USD (converted) total... Incremental upgrades ramped the cost up to 550USD (converted)... Add software and it easily goes beyond 600USD (converted)... Price inflation of pc parts is bad in our county and good parts (for the money) are really hard to come by... A 20USD price difference also means a lot in our currency (PhP)...

Yeah I know the feeling. I spent my final paycheck on this motherboard/cpu upgrade (got fired over bullshit) so I can have a decent computer to go to school with. Literally my entire final paycheck. and it was totally worth it. Now when I click close all tabs with like 15+ tabs open on firefox, they actually close instead of firefox just crashing (meaning I had to shut it down with control panel)

I would say save up as best you can, SSD is totally worth it in battlefield games. Goes from like, 2 or 3 minute loading screen to 20 or 30 seconds depending on your internet connection. Other than that, save like hell and get away from the APU lineup, it's not meant for performance (dual graphics only goes up to the r7 250 cards If I remember correctly) it's meant for low price.

Seems like the economy sucks for most people right now, regardless of where we all live.

-snip-

All the better parts that I'll get next will go to my next build, 文月(Fumizuki a.k.a. Julia) which would probably get the i5 (unlocked if possible) + Business Class mobo + GTX X60 or GTX X80 + 16GB RAM... But that won't be for a while (around 3 years)...

I had budget first and reliability second in mind when I made the purchase... Something that I don't regret since it would be better than my P4 Prescott system or my Pentium D laptop...

All the better parts that I'll get next will go to my next build, 文月(Fumizuki a.k.a. Julia) which would probably get the i5 (unlocked if possible) + Business Class mobo + GTX X60 or GTX X80 + 16GB RAM... But that won't be for a while (around 3 years)...

I had budget first and reliability second in mind when I made the purchase... Something that I don't regret since it would be better than my P4 Prescott system or my Pentium D laptop...

If by business class mobo you mean a non Zxx (H97 instead of Z97 for instance) chipset then you don't need an unlocked processor since those motherboards don't support overclocking.

If by business class mobo you mean a non Zxx (H97 instead of Z97 for instance) chipset then you don't need an unlocked processor since those motherboards don't support overclocking.

But the recent MSI, Asus, and even Gigabyte offerings support multiplier and base clock modification and memory timing modifications too (I only do light overclocks... nothing over the top)... The aim is a decently working system for light gaming and multi-monitor productivity that would hopefully hold together for 7-10 years with few minor upgrades...