Mr Obama, do you have a heart? Open letter by Mads Gilbert

As you all know, the conflict is Gaza is spinning rappidly out of control. This topic doesn't question who is right or wrong, but simply honors the volunteers who put in 12 - 24 hour shifts to save lives. What these people go through every day is beyond me. Respect.

Open Letter:

Mads Gilbert, a doctor in Gaza’s largest hospital – al-Shifa – writes an open letter as the Palestinian death toll rises steeply. 

Dearest friends,

The last night (19-20 July) was extreme. The ‘ground invasion’ of Gaza resulted in scores and carloads with maimed, torn apart, bleeding, shivering, dying – all sorts of injured Palestinians, all ages, all civilians, all innocent.

The heroes in the ambulances and in all of Gaza’s hospitals are working 12-24 hour shifts, grey from fatigue and inhuman workloads (without payment at all in Shifa hospital for the last 4 months), they care, triage, try to understand the incomprehensible chaos of bodies, sizes, limbs, walking, not walking, breathing, not breathing, bleeding, not bleeding humans. HUMANS!

Now, once more treated like animals by ‘the most moral army in the world’ (sic!).

My respect for the wounded is endless, in their contained determination in the midst of pain, agony and shock; my admiration for the staff and volunteers is endless, my closeness to the Palestinian sumud [steadfastness] gives me strength, although in glimpses I just want to scream, hold someone tight, cry, smell the skin and hair of the warm child, covered in blood, protect ourselves in an endless embrace – but we cannot afford that, nor can they.

Ashy grey faces – Oh NO! Not one more load of tens of maimed and bleeding, we still have lakes of blood on the floor in the ER, piles of dripping, blood-soaked bandages to clear out – oh – the cleaners, everywhere, swiftly shovelling the blood and discarded tissues, hair, clothes, cannulas – the leftovers from death – all taken away… to be prepared again, to be repeated all over. More then 100 cases came to Shifa in the last 24 hours. Enough for a large well trained hospital with everything, but here – almost nothing: no electricity, water, disposables, drugs, operating room tables, instruments, monitors – all rusted and as if taken from museums of yesterday’s hospitals. But they do not complain, these heroes. They get on with it, like warriors, head on, enormously resolute.

And as I write these words to you, alone, on a bed, my tears flow, the warm but useless tears of pain and grief, of anger and fear. This is not happening!

And then, just now, the orchestra of the Israeli war-machine starts its gruesome symphony again, just now: salvos of artillery from the navy boats just down on the shores, the roaring F16, the sickening drones (Arabic ‘Zennanis’, the hummers), and the cluttering Apaches. So much made in and paid for by the US.

Mr. Obama – do you have a heart? I invite you – spend one night – just one night – with us in Shifa. Disguised as a cleaner, maybe. I am convinced, 100 per cent, it would change history. Nobody with a heart AND power could ever walk away from a night in Shifa without being determined to end the slaughter of the Palestinian people.

But the heartless and merciless have done their calculations and planned another dahyia onslaught on Gaza.

The rivers of blood will keep running the coming night. I can hear they have tuned their instruments of death.

Please. Do what you can. This, THIS cannot continue.

Mads Gilbert MD PhD
Professor and Clinical Head
Clinic of Emergency Medicine
University Hospital of North Norway

As far as I know this conflict has been going on for many decades, so why are people making a fuss now?

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

Solution = Don't fire rockets and use tunnels to infiltrate and kidnap. Oh, did you know this week 1700 died in Syria? No... OK 

Bai

:/

To be completely honest, both sides are acting like children with mental problems because a whole lot of innocent people on both sides are getting caught up in this and its disgusting my country effectively "chose sides" instead of denouncing the viciousness all together.

Here's an Idea, stop allowing Islamic fundamentalists to hide behind and amongst you?

Another idea, solve your own f**kin problems, you definitely don't want his help, because his Idea of help is just making everything equally worse for everyone and calling it equality.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

• 2 weeks later...

Solution = Don't fire rockets and use tunnels to infiltrate and kidnap. Oh, did you know this week 1700 died in Syria? No... OK 

Bai

So do you know how much your country has killed children and innocent civilians? Think.

"THE RED ARMY"

| INTEL i5 4690K | GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 | XFX R9 390X | CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4x2 8GB 1600Mhz | CORSAIR H80i | XFX XTR 650W | 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE | ADATA SP600 256GB | LOGITECH G502 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1400 | CORSAIR K70 MECHANICAL RED | NZXT S340 |

Obama is a joek

As is:

• His theory
  • His Astuteness
  • Your Spelling
  • The fact that you cared enough about this person's bullshit to share it

His refers not to Obama, but to the guy in the video.

Compatible with Windows 95

About the topic, My opinions stand as:

• UK should keep sending aid to the Gaza Strip
  • Israel should use proportionate response to the strikes against itself
  • Israel should use it's missile defense system
  • Israel should move people away from the border if it's too dangerous
  • Palestine should attempt to set up a stronger government in Gaza
  • Israel should stop committing war crimes
  • Israel should stop illegally taking over Palestinian land in the West Bank and stop persecuting it's citizens
  • The West needs to stop condoning Israel's actions
  • Israel needs to remain a country, but not have an over-powered military and not be able to commit such crimes

Compatible with Windows 95

So do you know how much your country has killed children and innocent civilians? Think.

around 1700 this conflict? Why do they die? because hamas uses residential areas as military targets? That blood is on hamas hands, i don't feel the need to reply to humanitarian wanabe like you on the internet, keep feeding yourself with more BS

Some people truly don't understand how the world works eh? 

The were gonna kill them because their killing us option isn't going to fix the problem. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Some people truly don't understand how the world works eh? 

The were gonna kill them because their killing us option isn't going to fix the problem. 

Seems like you don't understand the situation one bit. Sadly peace isn't an option, that was proven time after time

Seems like you don't understand the situation one bit. Sadly peace isn't an option, that was proven time after time

Hmmm I can see why you've made that assumption. Do elaborate then. 

What do you propose as a fix then? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Hmmm I can see why you've made that assumption. Do elaborate then. 

What do you propose as a fix then? 

Before i go on with my opinion, note i live here, you don't.

Hamas, Hezbollah, all our neighbors are out to kill us, i'm sure there is an interview with hamas officials where he is asked: if israel agrees to all of your demands, would you stop the agression? He can't say yes. So far each war we entered was not initiated by us, you can't expect a country to not fight back when terrorists are shooting rockets, and not stones, proper rockets, made in iran, syria and some in gaza, nevertheless are poweful. Times shown that each time there was hope for peace, when the settlers around gaza were forced out of their homes, and the siege was raised, fatah, hamas used that to restock on weaponry, not for peace. Saying they fight from populated areas due to population is BS, look at google maps and you'd find how much open grounds they have to fire from, it's not like it's a last resort for them to use hospitals, ambulances and schools, un facilities as military targets. 

Hamas are terrorists, as you are american the best comparison for me to you is, would you make peace with al quadia? Imagine you invade afganistan and are forced by the world to negotiate with Osama bin laden and the entire world forced you to bow down to their demands. 

This week or the one before, in two days 3 terror attacks within israel, one via bulldozer which ran over a person and rammed a bus, you think that was a military target? And the reaction of hamas to this act? praising and encouraging of such attacks in the future. When one of our soldiers was assumed kidnapped? West bank was celebrating, not a few, parades celebrating their capture. 

Oh, lets not forget the jihad cars which attempted to pass roadblocks, which got caught. People seem to not understand the price of war, in the most populated area in the world, against an enemy deliberately using it's population as human shield, i can also provide intel the IDF sieged on a hamas solider, instructions for combat, where it is encouraged to launch from populated areas, and to use human shields, heck they even admitted on tape they do such actions. 

In this reality there is no solution. it's escalation > war > we win > they rearm > one year later repeat. 

They can't win by combat, they know that, if we wanted to gaza can be wiped clean but we don't do that. They can only win by sanctions, and wakening the hate towards jews (masked as zionism, proof of that is the protests around the world, which are accompanied by hatred for local jews, cases of doctors not accepting patiants due to them being jewish in Belgium, banning jewish stores, BDS movement, case where a synagogue was burned, and cases like that) All by showing pictures of dead babies, woman and children they are incharge for their death. 

I'm quite aware, I'm not blind lol. 

So like you said in reality there is no solution... what are you expecting the rest of the world to do then? Send our troops to combat them, because of their wrongdoings to you? 

There needs to be a reasonable standpoint for the rest of the world to be involved in a direct effort to help, or else it's just a endless cycle of shooting each other in that region and obviously no one likes to be shot at.

Hamas, Hezbollah, all our neighbors are out to kill us, i'm sure there is an interview with hamas officials where he is asked: if israel agrees to all of your demands, would you stop the agression? He can't say yes. So far each war we entered was not initiated by us, you can't expect a country to not fight back when terrorists are shooting rockets, and not stones, proper rockets, made in iran, syria and some in gaza, nevertheless are poweful. Times shown that each time there was hope for peace, when the settlers around gaza were forced out of their homes, and the siege was raised, fatah, hamas used that to restock on weaponry, not for peace. Saying they fight from populated areas due to population is BS, look at google maps and you'd find how much open grounds they have to fire from, it's not like it's a last resort for them to use hospitals, ambulances and schools, un facilities as military targets. 

Hamas are terrorists, as you are american the best comparison for me to you is, would you make peace with al quadia? Imagine you invade afganistan and are forced by the world to negotiate with Osama bin laden and the entire world forced you to bow down to their demands. 

This week or the one before, in two days 3 terror attacks within israel, one via bulldozer which ran over a person and rammed a bus, you think that was a military target? And the reaction of hamas to this act? praising and encouraging of such attacks in the future. When one of our soldiers was assumed kidnapped? West bank was celebrating, not a few, parades celebrating their capture. 

Oh, lets not forget the jihad cars which attempted to pass roadblocks, which got caught. People seem to not understand the price of war, in the most populated area in the world, against an enemy deliberately using it's population as human shield, i can also provide intel the IDF sieged on a hamas solider, instructions for combat, where it is encouraged to launch from populated areas, and to use human shields, heck they even admitted on tape they do such actions. 

In this reality there is no solution. it's escalation > war > we win > they rearm > one year later repeat. 

They can't win by combat, they know that, if we wanted to gaza can be wiped clean but we don't do that. They can only win by sanctions, and wakening the hate towards jews (masked as zionism, proof of that is the protests around the world, which are accompanied by hatred for local jews, cases of doctors not accepting patiants due to them being jewish in Belgium, banning jewish stores, BDS movement, case where a synagogue was burned, and cases like that) All by showing pictures of dead babies, woman and children they are incharge for their death. 

frankly I think the whole thing has become futile, at some point Israel will have to sit down and talk with the Palestinian government, like republicans and loyalists did in Ireland, like the US is starting to do with certain elements of radical groups, there’s a couple of facts that have to be accepted, every time a war occurs like this it will just create another generation of those who have lost their homes, their loved ones who will have nothing but overwhelming anger towards those that attacked them regardless of whether it was justified or not, In a sense the conflict has become self perpetuating.

Elements of both sides wish to eradicate the other, quite often openly, until the general populations of both sides can publicly reject these elements within themselves, this conflict will never end.

Can we please stop having this debate on these forums? It serves no purpose, as those on one side quite obviously harbor nothing but hatred for those on the other side, and vice versa.

Meanwhile the Chinese are watching, waiting, and laughing.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

around 1700 this conflict? Why do they die? because hamas uses residential areas as military targets? That blood is on hamas hands, i don't feel the need to reply to humanitarian wanabe like you on the internet, keep feeding yourself with more BS

So you say you Israel didn't attack civilians? What about house they destroyed with thanks? Also what happened in Shujaya where there is no military and dozens of civilians? 

"THE RED ARMY"

| INTEL i5 4690K | GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 | XFX R9 390X | CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4x2 8GB 1600Mhz | CORSAIR H80i | XFX XTR 650W | 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE | ADATA SP600 256GB | LOGITECH G502 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1400 | CORSAIR K70 MECHANICAL RED | NZXT S340 |

I'm quite aware, I'm not blind lol. 

So like you said in reality there is no solution... what are you expecting the rest of the world to do then? Send our troops to combat them, because of their wrongdoings to you? 

There needs to be a reasonable standpoint for the rest of the world to be involved in a direct effort to help, or else it's just a endless cycle of shooting each other in that region and obviously no one likes to be shot at.

Not really, it can be solved, if the world would stay out of it and allow us to do what needed, hamas isn't allowed to demand. One of the options put on the table was to weaken hamas and take away it's power, and assist palastinian government with establishing a demilitarized zone, with assistance by all sort of groups (which means no siege no nothing, a true palastinian state) But that will take a while, and as you can see people aren't happy about a month of warfare, how would they react if it was a year or two? Hamas will lose and stop fighting if the world would stop condemning us and start accusing them for their war crimes. And for all of the accusations of israeli war crimes: Why didn't the palastinian authority go to hauge court or sign the roma treaty how it's named to be able to sue israel for war crimes? That means a proper invenstiagtion of both sides will be done, and then the true face of them will be revealed. It all comes down to this: we are surrounded by terrorists and hostile armies, who don't want peace, hamas proven it doesn't want peace, while we accepted each cease fire, until recently as it's border-lining stupidity to agree to more, as they use it for more actions. 

And sadly, it's going to stay on the same cycle of war  until an uprising will come from within gaza against hamas, and bring it out of power, afterall it's been elected by the people for the people? They even say they support the idea of democracy, watch vice news life in gaza 30 minutes video where they say so. It'll also show you how careless they are towards their own population. Ever since israel was founded it's war 24/7, chemical weapons threats here and there, bombs and rockets and you expect to have peace with people starting war, that isn't a proper word, they are trying to cleanse israel from jews. Why fire into civilian areas otherwise. 

So you say you Israel didn't attack civilians? What about house they destroyed with thanks? Also what happened in Shujaya where there is no military and dozens of civilians? 

You are retarded, no army in shujaya? why was there one of the biggest battles and most tunnels found within it, it's the MOST militarized area of gaza. And the destroyed buildings? They should stop using them for ammo caches and rigging them with explosives. 

-snip-

I one of those who don't want to get involved with other countries fiasco's 

You are retarded, no army in shujaya? why was there one of the biggest battles and most tunnels found within it, it's the MOST militarized area of gaza. And the destroyed buildings? They should stop using them for ammo caches and rigging them with explosives. 

Are you kidding me? Gaza didn't have any defence, if you are saying Hamas to stop then you will keep striking missiles and destroy Gaza! Is that what you want? You didn't gave them water, make them starve and they shouldn't strike back? Also the missile was homemade and not accurate as sh*t! And how about your weapons and technology? It doesn't even fair.

"THE RED ARMY"

Are you kidding me? Gaza didn't have any defence, if you are saying Hamas to stop then you will keep striking missiles and destroy Gaza! Is that what you want? You didn't gave them water, make them starve and they shouldn't strike back? Also the missile was homemade and not accurate as sh*t! And how about your weapons and technology? It doesn't even fair.

Didn't have defence? I bet all the rockets and kornet guided rockets, ""gaza underground" the weapons sieged ranging from M16's, to 50. cal snipers are not defensive enough? They have a fucking sea on their borders, instead of building terror infestructor create desalination plants, keep in mind we are not the only one sieging gaza, US was too, and Egypt on their side. 

And the we have better weapons? a F16 bomb can kill as many as a well placed qassam. and next time we'll make sure to destroy our air force, tanks and IFV's. To make it fair you know

No more comments to human waste like you, enjoy the rest of your day

Didn't have defence? I bet all the rockets and kornet guided rockets, ""gaza underground" the weapons sieged ranging from M16's, to 50. cal snipers are not defensive enough? They have a fucking sea on their borders, instead of building terror infestructor create desalination plants, keep in mind we are not the only one sieging gaza, US was too, and Egypt on their side. 

And the we have better weapons? a F16 bomb can kill as many as a well placed qassam. and next time we'll make sure to destroy our air force, tanks and IFV's. To make it fair you know

No more comments to human waste like you, enjoy the rest of your day

So if Hamas surrender (for the sake of argument) what Israel do? Take their homes? Bomb them? Israel only want 1 state with no palestinians, they just wan't their land back and live their ordinary life.

"THE RED ARMY"