what bothers you in proposed builds?

Mooshi

People have 2 gpus, a full water cooling system...like me want a 1000 watt...but on top of that its so I don't have to sleeve them myself...also if you run at 1400p on 27" screen and want to max everything out you need 2 gpus.

However I do agree with you about the vague terms.

I don't mean with like 290Xs, just like having two 770s, when a much more viable option is to just get one 780 Ti. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I don't mean with like 290Xs, just like having two 770s, when a much more viable option is to just get one 780 Ti. 

No but I am doing a build and have 2 780's instead of two 290x or two 780ti's just cause I don't want to spend the money on them.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

whenever someone gives a price range then says they want a pre-built and then they link all the shitty pre builts theyve been looking at

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

People that tell people to wait for next gen stuff that doesn't have any set release date. 

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

OVERKILL MOTHERBOARDS.

I BET YOU WON'T EVEN USE ANY OF THOSE EXTRA FEATURES. SO WHY EVEN BUY IT. WELL AESTHETICS OF COURSE.  

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

People that just slap a list of parts together and ask for community input without having done any prior research.

I would say a power supply that is way more than enough to power a system as its a waste of money in spending more on a power supply when you can get a better quality lower wattage power supply for the same price and maybe be able to use the extra money on other components. 

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

A nice gaming pc with a low-end gpu, just stupid!

Ppl complaining and panicking after a build their cpu gets 60°C and is going to melt. It's hard sometimes to let people understand temps like this are normal.

Ppl that want a silent pc, but buy no aftermarket cooler and a crappy case without noice damping mats things (whatever it's called, you know what i mean).

Builds with cheap psu's that can combust any second.

Case with a window and no cable management options, or a very small amount.

Builds with CFX or SLI and want it in a compact case, these things whack out a lot of heat, it's hard to let soms ppl understand that °_°

And don't forget, ppl with a high-end motherboard, high-end cooling and a NON-K CPU O_O 

ps: list is a bit bigger than i was expecting...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

The inclusion of keyboards and mouses. Such fundage should be spent towards performance.

Just my two bits.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

people that think they know everthing, even though they have no clue what the are talking about.

this right here...arguing for no apparent reason over an opinion. Then they go on and insult you just cause you have a different opinion then them.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/189982-build-me-a-completely-silent-full-tower-system/

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

My friends want to build computers but they only have a VERY basic knowledge of parts and I think they wouldn't know where things went anyways. So my friend sent me a link to their proposed build and they didn't have a gpu or a mother board with on board graphics for the APU they chose. (I don't think they knew that it was an APU either).

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

1. Getting AIO coolers
  2. Unbalanced specs
  3. Getting too big of a PSU
  4. Getting too small of a PSU
  5. Getting a bad quality PSU
  6. Getting too much RAM
  7. Getting reference cards without water cooling
  8. Getting an Nvidia card when they could get the AMD equivalent of the next tier for the same price, while they're on a tight budget

That must be a load off.

"Of course, its trash," Luke, 2014

When people integrate PCPartPicker incoorectly

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

ROG Motherboards on builds less than $4000...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

ROG Motherboards on builds less than $4000...

Do you have any idea how much 4,000 dollars is in the real world? Like people could buy a car with that kinda money, ya fool.

Do you have any idea how much 4,000 dollars is in the real world? Like people could buy a car with that kinda money, ya fool.

Fine, $2000.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

Fine, $2000.

That's more reasonable considering the board is going to be like a tenth of the price of the build which is actually quiet a bit.

COLORS THAT DON'T FUCKING MATCH.

this is one of my biggest pet peeves. I spent more than I needed to with my rigs just to make sure the colours matched.

lMeV6v2.jpg

My other pet peeve is when people max out a budget but never include an OS when parting out a build for someone.

Corsair C70 Black Windowed | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 1866Mhz | SLI GTX 780 Classified | Corsair AX860 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 2x2TB WD Green

Corsair 350D Windowed | Asus Gryphon Z87 | i5 4670k | Corsair H75 | Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4GB 1600Mhz | Corsair RM550 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 4TB WD Green.

Bitfenix Phenom ITX White | Asus Z97i-Plus | Pentium G3258 | Noctua NH-L9i | Kingston HyperX Fury White 2x4GB 1866Mhz | Silverstone Strider 550 | Crucial M.2 120GB SSD | 4x5TB WD Red. (work in progress)

This thread is straight forward. The amazing part of this community is to give feedback when someone has a proposed build in mind. There have been some builds that were completely solid and there have been builds that were imbalanced.

What are things you've seen that made you go nope?

For me, one of the biggest gripe has been rigs with beefy specs that had inappropriate peripherals for the given price point. Example; beast set up worth several grand mated to cheap tn based monitors vs one good monitor or even 2 moderate displays. Seems like a huge waste to me.

#1 for me PSU... People always say just get  550 watt  when the system will be drawing 500 watts @ stock  they always forget about overclocking and adding extra stuff   ..Think about head room people 

# 2 someone ask for GPU upgrade and 99% of the time every answer is .. you system is junk or out dated even though its only a year old and they still yell out " you need a i5 +mobo +ram +SSD "  you go from wanting to spend $250-$350 for new gpu to $1500 + for a system .. Not all people are going to play BF4 . People forget not all people have the extra money for a full upgrade 

Also elitist jerks who inevitably come to every thread and crap on the guy trying to put a build together and blow build discrepancies way out of proportion. One would think since he's posting asking for help he knows there could be issues? Crapping on a guy looking for help is super scummy.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

People that need mechanical keyboards for gaming

A+