what bothers you in proposed builds?

Mooshi

I'd like to note that the context is what matters.

Why only those two? If I recall the thread properly, all you said was "Well I narrowed it down to those two." And, in the end, a conclusion was drawn upon...

i did explain it later in the thread after I realized people needed clarification. Also if I say I don't want any other options and have already considered it I fail to see what is so hard about taking my word for it.

Why are we creating more arguements based off what I said in the heat of a moment?

1. That was directed at @Davsmith4

2. I'm not basing it off of what you said at all. I'm basing it off of his thread. Surprising.

3. I said I was leaving it be. I don't get butthurt and hold grudges.

i did explain it later in the thread after I realized people needed clarification. Also if I say I don't want any other options and have already considered it I fail to see what is so hard about taking my word for it.

I don't recall you clarifying. But I may have left the thread early. If so, apologies.

Anyways, people on the internet like reasons. "Taking your word for it" is a sensitive thing on the internet. We're selfish, greedy, hungry bastards that need to regurgitate our personal preferences and attained knowledge all over your views on life. That's how things are. People were trying to put forward more budget friendly solutions and all; Again, I think I may have left that thread early, so I don't know your reason for strictly keeping it to those two, so I can't judge as of now.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

You i7 haters have no clue. I can tell if games are using the threads or naw by checking my usage %s. If my GPUs are in the high 90% range and my CPU is at 49-50%, then it's only using the 4 threads. I play several games where my CPU uses all threads and shows 98%. i7s aren't a no-go for gaming. I rarely edit video btw.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

2. I'm not basing it off of what you said at all. I'm basing it off of his thread. Surprising.

I don't recall you clarifying. But I may have left the thread early. If so, apologies.

Anyways, people on the internet like reasons. "Taking your word for it" is a sensitive thing on the internet. We're selfish, greedy, hungry bastards that need to regurgitate our personal preferences and attained knowledge all over your views on life. That's how things are. People were trying to put forward more budget friendly solutions and all; Again, I think I may have left that thread early, so I don't know your reason for strictly keeping it to those two, so I can't judge as of now.

You did leave early so you didn't see it all. It got way out of hand. I had people calling me a ASUS fanboy, a noob, an idiot, and a complete deluded fool for choosing between these options. I explained that the other mobos didn't fit my build, didn't have the good onboard audio, ect (im not going to go through all my reasons for the list is to long). I just don't like people ignoring my reasons and the intent of a post to do nothing more than put a knot in my stomach and begin questioning my entire build. 

If its someone new to computers, usually everything

First time builder here. Whats holding me down is the guarantee that the list given by a stranger with parts for my first build will go well together. Next thing is i have no idea on how to put on together the parts. next next thing is that i dont know bunch of stuff (i.e. overclocking, how to set up pretty much everything). i have very small knowledge of what im going into. I just dont know where to go with my list and what to do when i buy it. 

is this about the recent disaster we just had an OT thread about?

General thread. I've made mistakes with builds myself I wish I could take back. Like not getting a seasonic psu or reusing my first gen i7 chip I used to have. No one is perfect. :P

No this thread was I believe created after the comment I made on the other thread back to the OP.

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

1. Getting AIO coolers

Unbalanced specs

Getting too big of a PSU

Getting too small of a PSU

Getting a bad quality PSU

Getting too much RAM

Getting reference cards without water cooling

Getting an Nvidia card when they could get the AMD equivalent of the next tier for the same price, while they're on a tight budget

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

No this thread was I believe created after the comment I made on the other thread back to the OP.

Then address the OP about it, not me :P

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

spending a shitload of money on a CPU and then getting a crap graphics card, such as a 3770K with an R7 240. that literally happened. (not on LTT forum)

CPU: AMD FX-8120 | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 30 | Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 | Memory: Kingston 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 | Storage: WD 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 | Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-I | PSU: Thermaltake Black Widow 850W

When they give you a build over your budget. 

Max is $1200

"This one is $50 over your budget but I think it'll give you better FPS and no need to upgrade in the future."

Next post be like "This one is $100 over your budget but it has a better graphics card and it'll make it a lot faster."

When they give you a build over your budget. 

Max is $1200

"This one is $50 over your budget but I think it'll give you better FPS and no need to upgrade in the future."

Next post be like "This one is $100 over your budget but it has a better graphics card and it'll make it a lot faster."

Yea...unless you have a 4.5k budget for me and another 2.5k budget on a different computer :P ....thinks I could have paid for a downpayment on a new car for that much money....

If you've previously won the build off please pm me so we can get something worked out.

/Snip

When people ask for help but either don't need it or don't use it... I especially hate it when people go all fanboy on you... Can't tell you howmany times people have gone "Are you absolutely sure I can't get better than 760 for the money?" you can suggest anything up and down street and they simply say "No I don't use AMD" it's like if your stuck with one company there not just gonna have a better product for cheapper willingly they'd lose money...  Or those guys w/ extremely tight budgets and trying to fit in extras with no explanation why (EG the guy w/ a $500 budget wanting windows not from G2A and a Blu-Ray reader/writer and a dedicated graphics card) And the thing I hate Most when people don't post budget/location/general needed info

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

I find that quite often, people get too much ram to be balanced (32GB) and at an unnecessary speed.  IMO 1600mhz is fine. 

i5 4670k (can OC to 4.4Ghz) - Hyper 212 evo w/ AC MX2 - XFX Radeon R9 280X8GB ADATA XPG V2 DDR3-1600 - MSI Z87 G41 - Corsair CX600M 600W PSU - 1TB HDD - 120GB SSD

Everyone that is wanting an i7 apparently does video editing. Guess what I do it too but I don't need an i7 most of the people doesn't

If you're determined you can fell a tree with a shovel, but why the hell would you when you can afford a chain saw and know you are going to cut down more trees than you will dig holes? That and I'm sure most of these people don't actually do video editing, they just have their heart set on an i7 and don't want people nagging them about getting an i5 instead. For a long while the mere mention of "video editing" shut most of them up.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

as someone who has asked for guidance with a friends build, things that bothered me were the replies and how some people would question or ignore certain criteria my friend had wanted.

is it really that big of a deal that they wanted 16gb of ram when 8gb would be fine? does it really matter that they wanted to order everything from newegg even though they could save 5$ from buying the powersupply from ncix?

the OP isint always stupid, and chances are they want these things for a reason

4690k | Asus Maximus vii hero | Corsair Vengeance Pro 8gb 2133mhz | EVGA GTX 780ti Reference | 120gb intel 530 ssd | 1tb WD black | 1tb WD Green | EVGA 750G2 | Corsair Air 540 | G502 | G240 | BenQ XL2411Z | K70 RGB

Team Robbo - Rest In Peace

OnePlus One owner

as someone who has asked for guidance with a friends build, things that bothered me were the replies and how some people would question or ignore certain criteria my friend had wanted.

is it really that big of a deal that they wanted 16gb of ram when 8gb would be fine? does it really matter that they wanted to order everything from newegg even though they could save 5$ from buying the powersupply from ncix?

I agree with you here. Sometimes its the replies that bother me, usually things like cpu and ram recommendations. i5 vs i7 and 8gb of ram vs 16gb being the most common.

That is very very true. For example my build.

Mainly the replies, not the build itself. Some don't bother to read why that person is going for that choice of parts and will still give their usual criticism. 

sounds like me :(

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

When people get bent out of shape and and call a dudes build crap because he picked like an 8350 instead of a 4790k and then claim that an 8350 is totally crap and worthless in games. Or that they picked liked a coolermaster psu instead of whatever fanboy psu of the month.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

When people get bent out of shape and and call a dudes build crap because he picked like an 8350 instead of a 4790k and then claim that an 8350 is totally crap and worthless in games. Or that they picked liked a coolermaster psu instead of whatever fanboy psu of the month.

I agree with this....fanboys in general....I had a FX-8350 non overclocked and even with prime 95 running on all cores @ 100 % it was still hungry for more thrown at it..

2 GPUs instead of 1 (only in cases with like a 760-780/270-290 or something like so). Also people who don't colour match their parts, as @tmcclelland455 so passionately said.

Huge amounts of RAM, I'm talking about 16GB for "normal" use. 

Also really, really vague terms, like "I want to be able to game on it." or "I want to edit stuff."

If any component of the guideline is missed out, ie Location or Budget. 

People who have like a 1000W PSU for just 2 GPUs (chips, so excluding the big dogs - 295X2 and Titan Z). 

Cases, people who list the works looking/functional case. 

That's about it really, there isn't too much I have to gripe about with the current build plans (except with the people who just join the forum to get feedback on their desired PC).

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

2 GPUs instead of 1 (only in cases with like a 760-780/270-290 or something like so). Also people who don't colour match their parts, as @tmcclelland455 so passionately said.

Huge amounts of RAM, I'm talking about 16GB for "normal" use. 

Also really, really vague terms, like "I want to be able to game on it." or "I want to edit stuff."

If any component of the guideline is missed out, ie Location or Budget. 

People who have like a 1000W PSU for just 2 GPUs (chips, so excluding the big dogs - 295X2 and Titan Z). 

Cases, people who list the works looking/functional case. 

That's about it really, there isn't too much I have to gripe about with the current build plans (except with the people who just join the forum to get feedback on their desired PC).

People have 2 gpus, a full water cooling system...like me want a 1000 watt...but on top of that its so I don't have to sleeve them myself...also if you run at 1400p on 27" screen and want to max everything out you need 2 gpus.

However I do agree with you about the vague terms.

Primarily fanboys and when the colors don't match. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i