Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sgt.Mak

Need Help! Something Went Wrong!

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi,

So i used to get 100+ fps on Counter Strike Global Offensive ; 

the other day i unplugged my pc to clean it ; (nothing moved from its place)

Start it up ; and when i played the game i was getting 45 Max 27 MIN. ! Same settings 

i tried checking for driver updates everything is up to date ; then took out the card stared at it for 2 mins ; plugged it back in ; still nothing changed ;

my Card is Gtx 750 ti 2gb

Win 7;

HELP ME !!!!!!!

Is your GPU correctly plugged in? And the power cables (if any)?

download 3dmark on steam and run a benchmark set for us. that'll let us know if the card is running within it's normal range.

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Downloading it now;  btw is this fine ? (nothing heavy running except ; chrome,steam,copying 46gb to D: Drive)

>EhugS4.jpg

Downloading it now;  btw is this fine ? (nothing heavy running except ; chrome,steam,copying 46gb to D: Drive)

>EhugS4.jpg

yeah, can you give us the rest of your PC specs?

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

Well, it's benching a bit low. Here's the same card, and yours is a bit behind it. here

Try reinstalling drivers may have had some issues with detection after removing and re-installing the card.

Re-installed the Driver still in 3k http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/3641632?

Try using MSI afterburner to see what temps and clock speeds you're getting in game. Also what's your CPU usage at?

2 things I see:

1) Your CPU is baking. It's thermal throttling at over 100C the thermal down clocking could be the source of some of your performance issues. See if it's attached properly or if the fan is plugged in. Fix the CPU temps or you'll fry your CPU.

2) GPU clock speed it staying at 540 Mhz. This is where the trouble is. Try fixing your CPU temps and see if that fixes things.

Btw i did try increase core clock but thought its not worth it so i RESET on the MSI Afterburner

and i did this  http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3863056756

(this is after i started having low FPS so i think its not the cause)

Basically it told me how to Un Mark my CPU cores ! (Cores when Marked dont do anything)

The Intel Default fan thingy for CPU is working!

Make sure it's mounted all the way. Those push pins can come un-done pretty easily, your cpu should not be that hot. Does it have thermal paste?

yea!! it should have it i did add it 4 years ago 

HORSE SH_T !! getting 60+ C* with only 13% usage : oh GOD what is this!

solid 60+fps now but the CPU is Screaming!

Awesome! If I were you I'd invest in a Cooler Master Hyper 212. It's an excellet perf/value cooler. It does an excellent job cooling my 4770k and I highly recommend it. It'll also prolong the life of your cpu.