[Beware WCCF] GTX 8xx Series release date leaked

ViruZ_HUN

Hi!

Found some leaked release dates by the most trusted source of all:D Hope WCCF is not lying now. I got no idea where they get all info from.

Source: http://wccftech.com/nvidias-28nm-maxwell-based-geforce-gtx-880-geforce-gtx-870-launch-early-october-geforce-gtx-860-hits-market-late-october/#ixzz38ZbkUPdN

Quoted info:

NVIDIA’s next generation Maxwell core architecture based GeForce GTX 880, GeForce GTX 870 and GeForce GTX 860 will launch in October this year, as reported by GDM.OR.JP. The site which is part of one of the most major hardware retailers in Japan have been pretty accurate with their earlier leaks so we will assume that the October launch time-frame is quite accurate considering the launch was planned for Q4 2014 was narrowed down to October / November a few weeks ago and now we have a much more accurate schedule of NVIDIA’s Maxwell GPU launches.

NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-Titan-Z-Wallpaper-635

NVIDIA Maxwell Based GeForce GTX 880 and GeForce GTX 870 To Launch in Early October

The first two Maxwell cards to launch in the consumer market would be the high-performance GeForce GTX 880 and GeForce GTX 870. These cards will feature the GM204 core architecture which is the successor of the GK104/GK114 core from the Kepler generation. From little things we know thanks to the leaked PCB shot of NVIDIA’s alleged GeForce GTX 880 graphics card, we come to know that the core being used for the sample variant was GM204-INT41684-A1 however there has been a little variation in the codename and it is now called GM204-CS0-A1 (note that the CS stands for Consumer Sample) which means that final testing is under way and the chip will soon end up in the consumer market as the GeForce GTX 880. The chip is also the first of four variants which will make their way to the rest of the lineup including the GeForce GTX 870.

The GeForce GTX 870 on the other hand will be a cut down variant of the GK204 core featured on GeForce GTX 880 with some disabled SMM (Streaming Multiprocessor Maxwell) units. Its not know what specifications does the GM204 hold in general but it does feature a die size larger than its predecessor which is due to the existing 28nm process technology and the card will make use of high-frequency SKHynix H5GQ4H24MFR 0.5G clocked at 7 GHz. We will most probably be looking at a 256-bit since the memory arrangement as seen on the ES board is similar to the GeForce GTX 680 ES board and the final consumer variant. The card was shown with 8 GB GDDR5 memory which is a lot of VRAM for a reference card but we believe that the cards will ship in 4 GB variants. Aside from that, the total power consumption would be similar to Kepler around 195W but it will deliver performance on scale with some of the overclocked GeForce GTX 780 Ti’s we have seen. If the recent GeForce GTX 880 benchmark is taken for reference, we might be looking at a 20-30% performance uplift from Maxwell over GK110 which is insane and makes us wonder the performance uplift with the GM200 core which won’t ship to consumers till next year.

The GeForce GTX 880 and GeForce GTX 870 will launch close to each other in early October as was the case with GeForce GTX 780 and GeForce GTX 770 which were introduced in a week’s difference of each other. The prices expected for these cards would be $499 for GeForce GTX 880 and $399 for GeForce GTX 870.

The one thing that disappoints me the most is that we may not see the upcoming cards on the new 20nm node but rather the existing 28nm node. Now I am not saying that the cards won’t perform well and NVIDIA has already demonstrated that Maxwell, even on 28nm could be a major deal breaker in power efficiency as seen with their sub-70W GTX 750 Ti and GTX 750 cards. But it would have been really nice to see new 20nm cards in 2014 by AMD and NVIDIA. But now, we can expect a quick replacement for the current cards in 2015 as indicated by several sources on the 20nm process.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860 Hits Market In Late October

Soon after launch, NVIDIA is expected to launch a third Maxwell graphics card aiming the more budget and gaming crowd, known as the GeForce GTX 860. The spiritual successor of NVIDIA’s most sold GeForce GTX 660 and GTX 760 graphics cards is said to enter the market in late October at a price point of around $299 US. Specifications and details are not known about this part but if the SKUs rumor is taken into consideration, then the GeForce GTX 860 might also end up with the GM204 core rather the GM206 core which is believed to end up with GTX 850 Ti and such parts. The rest of the lineup would be a mix of GM107 and GK208 chips. NVIDIA will not introduce a new low-end chip for a long time and hence they have chosen to rename their entry-level GK108 chip, GK208.

For cooling, NVIDIA recently patented the so called Turbofan which is a Axial-Radial Hybrid fan design similar to what MSI’s currently offering on their current Mini-ITX cards. So we might see a new cooling design on the card and details on the new axial-radial cooling fan are given below:

“The present invention provides a turbofan and a graphics card with the turbofan. The turbofan comprises: a turbofan assembly which admits air in an axial direction and dispenses air in a radial direction; an inlet fan assembly disposed at an inlet of the turbofan assembly and disposed coaxially with the turbofan assembly: and a driving means for driving the turbofan assembly and the inlet fan assembly to rotate. The turbofan provided by the invention gathers the ambient air to the inlet through the inlet fan assembly disposed at the inlet of the turbofan assembly, so as to change a negative pressure state at the inlet. Consequently, the cooling efficiency of the turbofan is improved effectively and the noise of the turbofan is reduced.” via BitsnChips

• NVIDIA GM200.GM210 (Maxwell Architecture, High-Performance for Telsa/Quadro Arrives later for Cosnumers, Successor of GK110)
  • NVIDIA GM204 (Maxwell Architecture, High-End Consumer, Successor of GK104, First GeForce 800 Series Products likely to feature)
  • NVIDIA GM206 (Maxwell Architecture, Performance Minded, Successor of GK206, Mid-Range GeForce 800 Series products to feature)
  • NVIDIA GM107/207 (Maxwell Architecture, Entry Level, Successor of GK107, Entry Level GeForce 800/700 Series To feature, Already introduced on GTX 750 Ti / GTX 750)

Do tell us if we missed out anything in the Disqus comments section below!

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880 Specifications (Speculated):   GeForce GTX 480 GeForce GTX 580 GeForce GTX 680 GeForce GTX 780 GeForce GTX 780 Ti GeForce GTX 880 Codename GF100 GF110 GK104 GK110 GK110 GM204 Process 40nm 40nm 28nm 28nm 28nm 28nm? GPU Core Fermi Fermi Kepler Kepler Kepler Maxwell Memory 1.5 GB 1.5 GB 2 GB 3 GB 3 GB / 6 GB 8 GB Memory Bus 384-Bit 384-Bit 256-bit 384-Bit 384-Bit 256-bit Launch March 26th 2010 November 09 2010 March 22nd 2012 May 23rd 2013 December 2013 October 2014 Price $499 US $499 US $499 US $499 US $699 US $499 US?

Read more: http://wccftech.com/nvidias-28nm-maxwell-based-geforce-gtx-880-geforce-gtx-870-launch-early-october-geforce-gtx-860-hits-market-late-october/#ixzz38ZbsxTW7

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Will there be an 880ti I wonder ?

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

Will there be an 880ti I wonder ?

Hope so!

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

right, right.. pls answer me to this question. what does it takes to a GC to play any game on ULTRA on a 2k or 4k monitor at 150 fps at least, what should the specs be for such card?.. i see we're still fightin over 60fps games with the last gen we have.

Although it's been said in the title, I feel like it's part of me now

>wccftech

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

gah, right after my 90-day step up period ends :( 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

right, right.. pls answer me to this question. what does it takes to a GC to play any game on ULTRA on a 2k or 4k monitor at 150 fps at least, what should the specs be for such card?.. i see we're still fightin over 60fps games with the last gen we have.

Its not easy to say what specs you would need as less spec on different architecture can have more performance than current GC,

No 20nm and no virtual memory is already bad enough but that low memory bandwidth is a deal breaker for me 224GB/s just isn't enough.
My 2 year old GTX670 is already running 256bit/7Ghz.
I really don't get why Nvidia would go from 386bit/7ghz(336GB/s) which is faster than anything AMD has to 256bit/7Ghz which isn't even as good as the HD7950.

Seems like I'm might switch to AMD or have to wait for Pascal.

RTX2070OC 

No 20nm and no virtual memory is already bad enough but that low memory bandwidth is a deal breaker for me 224GB/s just isn't enough.

My 2 year old GTX670 is already running 256bit/7Ghz.

I really don't get why Nvidia would go from 386bit/7ghz(336GB/s) which is faster than anything AMD has to 256bit/7Ghz which isn't even as good as the HD7950.

Seems like I'm might switch to AMD or have to wait for Pascal.

Isn't it possible these will have GDDR6 and will therefore run at much higher frequencies?

I know the WCCFTech article says 7GHz... but it is WCCFTech...

It is also possible that the smaller SMMs that provide more fine grained scheduling control over SMXs means that performance can be maintained even with lower memory bandwidth...

Isn't it possible these will have GDDR6 and will therefore run at much higher frequencies?

I know the WCCFTech article says 7GHz... but it is WCCFTech...

GDDR6 would be well known for at least a year or two before it came to any graphics card.

To my knowledge, it isn't ready to be put onto a chip yet.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

GDDR6 would be well known for at least a year or two before it came to any graphics card.

To my knowledge, it isn't ready to be put onto a chip yet.

Thanks. I am by no means an expert on GPU hardware... I just thought that with DDR4 coming about around now and since GDDR5 is based on DDR3 I thought perhaps GDDR6 might come around the same time... Don't remember if there was a gap between DDR3 and GDDR5... Of course I realise there is no reason that they ought to make an appearance at the same time.

If it's gonna perform good, it's gotta look good.

dis gun b good

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just in time to get an 880 before the GTA 5 launch! :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770 | Motherboard: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) Corsair LP @1600mhz | GPU: Asus TUF GTX 1660 OC 6GB | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | Storage: 250gb Samsung 840 EVO and 1TB WD Black 7200rpm | PSU: Corsair CX750M | Display: Asus VG245H 1920x1080 | Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and default case fans | Laptop: Early 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina - i5 2.7Ghz - 256GB SSD

WHy are they only 256bit? CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME AN EXPLAINATION WHY??

"OMG I'm so mad at Nvidia for those specs, I'm changing to AMD! Muaaaahh!"

That's how some people(minority) complains about an unreleased product rumors.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

stop posting shit from wccftech even though you KNOW they are not reliable source for news you still post their shit

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

WHy are they only 256bit? CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME AN EXPLAINATION WHY??

It doesn't make sense.

The only reason why they would do is to slow down the GPU on purpose and I don't see why they would want to do that.

RTX2070OC 

i stopped getting excited for new releases from nvidia ,

it's getting too predictable, just put something out & stamp the next corresponding number & ... Meh... :mellow:  you know.. woohoo.. <_<

Details separate people.

Why are people so worried about the 256-bit bus? If it wasn't enough for the card, then Nvidia wouldn't use it and go for a 384-bit or something. Seriously though, I'm pretty sure Nvidia knows what they are doing and know how to build a Graphics card, so don't try to tell me that you know best.

Rig - Processor: Intel core i5 3570k @4.3GHz, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LX, GPU: XFX HD 7950 DD, with a Kraken G10 and Kraken X40, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4x4GB, HDD: Seagate 1.5TB, Cooler: Xigmatek Prime SD1484, Case: Phantom 530

Peripherals - Monitor: Acer 24-inch 1920x1080, Keyboard: Microsoft Sidewinder X4, Mouse: Logitech G9x, Headphones: Turtle Beach PX21, Mousepad: Steelseries QCK

Why are people so worried about the 256-bit bus? If it wasn't enough for the card, then Nvidia wouldn't use it and go for a 384-bit or something. Seriously though, I'm pretty sure Nvidia knows what they are doing and know how to build a Graphics card, so don't try to tell me that you know best.

Yeah but Nvidia shoud open their mouth and tell us why because everyone is confused.

stop posting shit from wccftech even though you KNOW they are not reliable source for news you still post their shit

Take it easy man

256bit will decrease the performance of the card by a huuuges amount and if they use it they crippled the card on purpose.

They already have 384bit/7Ghz so there is no reason to go back to 256bit.

RTX2070OC 

I am gonna stick with my 680 for as long as I can. I spent £525 on that card and it's still doing really well. I don't play many demanding games though but if Fallout 4 comes out with some insane mods that effect performance dramatically I will have to upgrade. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

No source is almost better than a WCCF source. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

No source is almost better than a WCCF source. 

Exacly!

HAIL WCCF!