Show off your latest purchases

59 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Bought whole house water filters this weekend, installed them today, and turns out the one with a head valve is leaking !!! 😞

It's a very small leak (less than 500ml in 3 hours), but still, it's annoying AF !

Contacted their customer service, we'll see.

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20210208_161906.thumb.jpg.01068c7fb143995de88df62b04d1a399.jpg

We ended up buying a water cooler for our house. It supports up to 5 gallons of water, we use it for drinking as the city water tastes like pool water with all the chemicals they add in. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 hour ago, Velcade said:

Who makes your filters?

Rainfresh

I have used them before and didn't have issues, but I've always used the model without a head valve. I should've used 2 valveless filters 😞

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

We ended up buying a water cooler for our house. It supports up to 5 gallons of water, we use it for drinking as the city water tastes like pool water with all the chemicals they add in. 

We wanted some sort of filtration since we got the house, the water main is partly made of lead, and there's also lots of rust and scale in the water.

1 minute ago, wkdpaul said:

We wanted some sort of filtration since we got the house, the water main is partly made of lead, and there's also lots of rust and scale in the water.

Isn't lead pipes supposed to be banned for decades already? I can't help but recall high school history class about the Roman Empire.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

1 minute ago, like_ooh_ahh said:

Isn't lead pipes supposed to be banned for decades already? I can't help but recall high school history class about the Roman Empire.

Pretty sure they add chemicals to prevent lead from leaching into the water. They act as a barrier against the lead and the water. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 minute ago, like_ooh_ahh said:

They are no longer used as in they dont install them. However any exist water mains are pretty much only replaced if they have to dig them up for some reason. 

For the record lead water mains can be safe as long as care is taken. After the debacle in Flint Michigan the Great Lakes Water Authority hardened our water to help prevent lead from leaching in. Because quite a few mains still use lead pipes. And its not as simple as just replacing the mains, because they tend to be under the street, which means the roads also have to be replaced. If your replacing the mains and road, you might as well replace the sewer as well. So you can see the rabbit hole you end up down. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, like_ooh_ahh said:

It's banned in new piping, but it's still present in lots of area. I'm in Montreal, they currently have a program to get rid of all lead pipes, but that's up to 2030, so we decided not to wait that long and got filters that could filter most of it.

http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/portal/page?_pageid=6937,68593573&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL&t=1

1 hour ago, Donut417 said:

If your replacing the mains and road, you might as well replace the sewer as well. So you can see the rabbit hole you end up down. 

That's what Montreal is doing, that'll be hundreds of millions, but when they started, they only did the city side of it, meaning you'd still have lead pipes going from the city main to your house, and they wouldn't allow the job to be done while the city was working on it. That meant excavating the street twice, for each house ... They got SO many complaints that they changed it, now they're doing the whole thing, including your house side, and they charge your side of it on your taxes for a few years (it's between $2500-$5000 depending).

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

-snip-

4*25*4,7 Gb = 470Gb

Are you using this for backup?

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

waiting on more parts

Beddie is getting an upgrade, wanted to go Intel but they didn't have any stock of the CPU I wanted :c

Spoiler

DSC_0301.thumb.JPG.73965e05559dc6736665133a375e538e.JPG

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

6 hours ago, Arika S said:

-snip-

did you buy it for better internet or just for fun?

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

On 1/29/2021 at 2:14 PM, SpiderMan said:

Sent back the 3x 2000 variants for the 3000 for when my new case comes SoonTM. 3x Noctua industrialPPC NF-F12 12V 3000RPM. Lets get that airflow boys!!! 

noctua fans.PNG

Lol the chromax model was already too loud for me at 1000RPM, so i switched to the NF-A12x25. I really hope you don't intend on using them at 3000RPM. You could go deaf 😅

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 1/30/2021 at 4:09 PM, Benji said:

Well, after having had three other wireless peripherals from the past decade, I'm rather dissatisfied with even modern solutions. My father's MX Craft (who exactly wants chiclet keyboards outside of a laptop? They even sell that as "Pro" and take 150 bucks or so for it) with the Logitech Unifying Receiver also craps out occasionally because it doesn't connect at times. Not to mention that you need to charge them, and usually that happens when you use them, so I figured I might as well use a fully-wired solution because I was really not satisfied with anything wireless that I've had so far. 

I'm using a G915 and a G Pro as my daily drivers and i've never had any, and i mean ANY problem with these. Input lag is no higher than any wired gaming keyboard or mouse, battery holds up for at least a week and can then be charged over 1 night when i don't use them anyway. So far i don't regret going full on wireless at all.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Just now, Stahlmann said:

Lol the chromax model was already too loud for me at 1000RPM, so i switched to the NF-A12x25. I really hope you don't intend on using them at 3000RPM. You could go deaf 😅

I tested them out on my PC under Cinebench R23 runs directly on empty fan headers at 100%  and man they blow...and its hardly louder than the damn GPU fans when they go under full load. 

Plan on using them in the Dune Pro whenever they start assembly and shipping. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

13 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

I tested them out on my PC under Cinebench R23 runs directly on empty fan headers at 100%  and man they blow...and its hardly louder than the damn GPU fans when they go under full load.

When i tried out the NF-A12x25 at 2000RPM they are just extremely annoying and loud. I end up running my fans at 700RPM to be inaudible and ramp up to a max of 1000RPM under load so they become audible, but nothing that bothers me. Here you can see again how subjective all this is. For some people 3000RPM fans are quiet, and for some people 500RPM fans are loud.

15 minutes ago, SpiderMan said:

Plan on using them in the Dune Pro whenever they start assembly and shipping. 

Isn't that the Mac Pro knockoff? 😄

5 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

When i tried out the NF-A12x25 at 2000RPM they are just extremely annoying and loud. I end up running my fans at 700RPM to be inaudible and ramp up to a max of 1000RPM under load so they become audible, but nothing that bothers me. Here you can see again how subjective all this is. For some people 3000RPM fans are quiet, and for some people 500RPM fans are loud.

Isn't that the Mac Pro knockoff? 😄

I have some NF-F12's (the tan and brown colored ones) in my rig right now and they aren't too bad, but at low RPMS when not under a load provide quite a bit of airflow into my case. Once they ramp up, its a gentle hum that is pleasing to listen to. 

Yes, I backed last year and they are in the process of getting almost everything together to ship, but its Chinese New Year so the factories are shut down for a couple of weeks (Dune Team should be returning on Feb.20). They pretty much have all the exterior panels done, except for the Dice Y cover that makes it look like the knock off Mac Pro as they are pretty hush hush about it due to the way its manufactured, and also the interior pieces just need to be anodized. They already have a shipping box going so they are pretty close to finally ship, perhaps another month or weeks after CNY. 

Got the big water bottle in Forest Green like the iPhone 11, the GPU shirt, and small CPU pillow, got the calender for free! 

20210211_174230.jpg

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

Got the Email that it was on sale and one hour later it is purchased:

61308D4F-763E-45B0-89C3-0C13D5712448.thumb.jpeg.a2af038c62f2228513d961457991b076.jpeg

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Two purchases:

1. My Mainframe Customs order came:

Spoiler

241373807_20210212_1200191.thumb.jpg.72e5904d760efe0799e497a8cefae993.jpg

1 3-pin fan connector

1 4-pin EPS connector (repinning a PCIe power cable to a 4-pin EPS connector)

2. My Digikey order:

1 3oz solder tube

10 common anode 4-pin RGB LEDs

10 100 ohm resistors

10 150 ohm resistors

25 120 ohm resistors

25 47 ohm resistors

25 68 ohm resistors

Speaking of repinning a power cable, my Mnpctech ATX pin remover tool isn't working - it stops maybe halfway in. Any idea why?

elephants

6 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Speaking of repinning a power cable, my Mnpctech ATX pin remover tool isn't working - it stops maybe halfway in. Any idea why?

While I haven't worked on ATX pins, I've handled many other types of electrical connectors. The tangs that hold the pin in place can hang up when coupled with the downward force you're applying. Try wiggling the removal tool as much as you can, while also pushing up on the wire connected to the pin you're trying to remove. Once the removal tool fully seats, the pin should pop right out.

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

Just now, Kid.Lazer said:

While I haven't worked on ATX pins, I've handled many other types of electrical connectors. The tangs that hold the pin in place can hang up when coupled with the downward force you're applying. Try wiggling the removal tool as much as you can, while also pushing up on the wire connected to the pin you're trying to remove. Once teh removale toll fully seats, the pin should pop right out.

Thanks!

I was pulling down on the pin while pushing in the tool.

elephants

ANTEC 300 Two came in yesterday as well as the 6x 4tb WD Red Pro drives.  Then today came in the WD Black SN750 1tb x2:

Pakidge1.png

WDBLACK1.jpg

WDBLACK2.jpg

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case