Show off your latest purchases

IMG_1012.thumb.jpeg.06d579df50b5410967ba89f44503a08d.jpeg

Three BenQ 32" 4K/60 EW3280U displays.  These are to replace my two LG 27" 27UK650 displays and my Asus PG27UQ when I work.  All three panels are connected to my Mac Pro (off camera) via USB-C, and have HDMI cables running to the CalDigit Thunderbolt-3 docks you see on the desk, for my employer's Macbook Pro.

I also have the two side panels connected via DisplayPort to my gaming PC, but the center one is not.  Instead, the center one has an Ergotron quick-release VESA mount on it.  My Asus PG27UQ also has an identical mount on it.  When it's time to frag, I pop the BenQ off the center monitor arm and swap it with the noisy PG27UQ.  It's a bit weird to have a central 27" panel and two 32" flank panels, but oh well.  When I'm gaming, I'm concentrating on the center panel anyway.  Then, when I'm done fragging and it's time to switch back to the Mac(s), I pop the Asus panel off and put the BenQ back.

Future plans will include an Asus PG32UQX when... ever that gets released.  That'll only be for fragging though.  I work from home and don't want to sit in front of a panel with a fan on for 10 hours a day, every day.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

Just now, handymanshandle said:

Look, ma, I'm famous!

Probably more like infamous.

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

TP-Link Archer A6 router, because my old Netgear was dropping connections.

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-a6/

61vPhw-7BxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

On 12/28/2020 at 4:32 PM, valdyrgramr said:

So, Amazon cancelled my original order for an illegal reason on their part then I kept having to explain to them that their policy is not allowed to contradict state nor federal law.  

What exactly happened here? I looked through the thread and didnt see if anywhere else you posted specifics but maybe I missed it

This isn't necessarily a purchase that came out of my own pocket, but it did come out of @pinksnowbirdie's pocket so it was money spent by someone.

IMG_0925.jpg

Tapes from Top to Bottom:

VeggieTales: The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown (2002 print)

Snoopy Come Home (2001 print)

This is America, Charlie Brown: The Great Inventors (Vol. 1 of the This is America, Charlie Brown series; 1999 print)

SpongeBob SquarePants: Sea Stories (in a Home Sweet Pineapple slipcover lmao)

Two T-160 Maxwell Blanks

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 hour ago, handymanshandle said:

This isn't necessarily a purchase that came out of my own pocket, but it did come out of @pinksnowbirdie's pocket so it was money spent by someone.

IMG_0925.jpg

Tapes from Top to Bottom:

VeggieTales: The Ultimate Silly Song Countdown (2002 print)

Snoopy Come Home (2001 print)

This is America, Charlie Brown: The Great Inventors (Vol. 1 of the This is America, Charlie Brown series; 1999 print)

SpongeBob SquarePants: Sea Stories (in a Home Sweet Pineapple slipcover lmao)

Two T-160 Maxwell Blanks

yez :^)
Moo tapes

I had that Spongebob tape for several years lol
I think my grandma got it for me many many years ago lol

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

11 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

yez :^)
Moo tapes

I had that Spongebob tape for several years lol
I think my grandma got it for me many many years ago lol

Ooh, vintage moo-owned tape! Never knew.

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

Ooh, vintage moo-owned tape! Never knew.

yes :^
it was one of the few tapes my grandma had left and gave to me when I took her VCR that *was* new in box until I opened it from one of the last runs of VCR combos lol

1 minute ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

yes :^
it was one of the few tapes my grandma had left and gave to me when I took her VCR that *was* new in box until I opened it from one of the last runs of VCR combos lol

Ooooh yeah, that Sanyo VCR. Was really funny that I noted that it being produced in 2014 meant that it was a really late-run VHS player.

1 minute ago, handymanshandle said:

Ooooh yeah, that Sanyo VCR. Was really funny that I noted that it being produced in 2014 meant that it was a really late-run VHS player.

and it has a HDMI that Im pretty sure also worked for the VCR side lol

5 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

and it has a HDMI that Im pretty sure also worked for the VCR side lol

Just like my Toshiba DVR-620! Which, now that I mention it, is what I use for VHS captures, albeit thrown into a Component converter.

jxg50i.png

Got this from my work's corporate store for branded merch so I got an MD-11F model that'll be shipping with SmartPost (akin to UPS's SurePost) which sees most of the shipping handled by Fedex up until it gets transferred to my nearest post office and delivered by USPS.

@handymanshandle gave me $30 on Paypal for our 4 year anniversary so I figured why not get something that was designed by the same company that built the MD-11s and got a model of the "angry puppy" aka Boeing 717/McDonnell Douglas MD-95 to sit next to it on some shelves I got from Target that just got here today (the 31st for yall not in Central Time (US)!

k8vph3.png

1x4kdz.png

ANNND Finally! I also got a Blue Snowball iCE Microphone lol Im excited about the Microphone because it's shipping with Fedex lol

yh0oy2.png

8 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Just like my Toshiba DVR-620! Which, now that I mention it, is what I use for VHS captures, albeit thrown into a Component converter.

yes moo captures!!!

Got a Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT to replace the RX 6800, not sure if I'd keep the RX 6800, but gonna take the weekends to enjoy the RX 6900 XT before I'd think about it. I've canceled my pre-order of the XFX MERC319 RX 6900 XT in favor of immediate gratification with the Sapphire card.

spacer.png

Don't let the angle fool you, they're exactly the same size and thickness...if you ain't sure, the RX 6800 is in the foreground.

spacer.png

Up and running in my main rig...

spacer.png

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

21 hours ago, jasonvp said:

When I'm gaming, I'm concentrating on the center panel anyway.  Then, when I'm done fragging and it's time to switch back to the Mac(s), I pop the Asus panel off and put the BenQ back.

I have to say after several days of using this new setup: I'm incredibly happy.  Not because the displays are large and beautiful (they're both), but that they're SILENT!  Good grief it's so nice not to have to hear that Asus' fan HOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLLING the entire time I'm working.

Now I only have to listen to it when I'm gaming.  Which is a compromise I'm OK with, for now.

7 minutes ago, Benji said:

Oh God 🤦🏻‍♂️ *Nvidia

What do you intend to do with it?

It’s more targeted towards AI so I’m going to build a couple of systems for work using AI and deep learning bit it’s going to work within a RPi cluster

61UHAenPtmL._SL1280_.jpg

I purchased chipotle yesterday. My last tech purchase was a "new" keyboard! Its coming on Moday hopefully.  My last actual purchase was the processor T-shirt from LTTSTORE LOL. 

Just got a SSD upgrade, I know I overpayed, but support you located shops. 

Old is a 470 128gb, new mx500 m.2.85173B26-F4F1-445B-8982-F27D6622F15B.thumb.jpeg.610129642b963d03e42784f5e38bfa5d.jpeg

A842CC6D-6AA4-4EB7-8A72-73C3E6030A40.jpeg

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I have a thing for, uh, obscure games. 007: Everything or Nothing, Corvette and Mojo! are my pickups today, with two Xbox games and a PlayStation 2 game.

image0.jpg

I also saw a Japanese Saturn copy of Sonic R. Needless to say, when you spot things like that before Def Jam: Fight for NY, you're a weirdo.

Actually, a bit of a fun fact: Mojo! is the smallest game I have on the PS2 in terms of file size, including demos. The closest game to Mojo!'s surprisingly remarkable 108MB file size that I have is the Japanese version of Fantavision... which weighs in at 445MB.

Saved this from the trash. Have absolutely no use for it but it's just going in the stash. May need a SCSI drive at some point, who knows.

IMG_20210103_000736.jpg