Show off your latest purchases

In case you were wondering what I did in wood shop, this was my senior year (3rd possible semester and the last unfortunately) while I was there. @sub68

I bought a piece of 3/4" 4' x 8' cabinet grade plywood from Home Depot for around $40. The hardwoods and softwoods (only pine for the legs underneath) was around $80 or so. The desktop space measures 3' x 5' and those black circles you see are holes in the table for cable management, where I have a tunnel underneath the desk running the whole length under the legs (about 4'). I did have the plans but for some reason, my teacher took all the folders we had our information in at the end of the semester (he probably wanted those plans to begin with). The middle piece of plywood is from the same plywood sheet underneath the hardwood surrounding the edges, which consist of Oak, Maple, and American Cherry. 

20181218_112844.jpg

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

20 hours ago, Dr0y said:

How do you like it ? ... any strange thing with the microphone sound cutting when you talk to someone like for the pixel 3a ?

I have not had that happen with the 3a XL that I had and also not with the 5.
Tho I've only had one phone call so far on the 5.

Overall I'm happy with it. It's exactly what I expected, but nothing more.

• Camera performance is really good, but nothing special. It's not as groundbreaking anymore as it was with the Pixel 3.
  • It feels very responsive and the shape and weight feel good.
  • The Screen is solid, with good colors, no blue-ish tint and the sound quality is decent.
  • I like the plastic back, because of its durability and the rear fingerprint sensor, which is ridiculously good this time.
  • Battery life is good. It gets me through ~ 40hrs without any power saving modes (including 8 hrs of sleep). It's basically dead as soon as I go to sleep on the second day, so I just plug it in every morning for half an hour. It's not the fastest charging at just 18w, but that gets me an additional 30-40% and then the device is almost full again.

So yeah I'm quite happy with it.

If I have to critique something, then it's not because of the phone itself, but because of Google's software. The phone can become really unresponsive when looking at photos in the camera-app instead of Google Fotos. I've experienced the same on my Pixel 3a XL. Also YouTube seems to have a bug, where half the time it doesn't let you zoom in on the video to fill the display with the entire content. I haven't had that on the Pixel 3a. But I assume that both of those can be resolved with software updates, tho I don't think Google will fix the first issue.

btw.: I specifically didn't use the phrase "I love XYZ about the device", because I think it's ridiculous to say that. It's a product. If you love a product, get help.

On 11/1/2020 at 2:19 PM, Sinsue said:

Can't go wrong with Fractal - got a Define C as my main case. They all look super sleek. Good find

Thanks, Also has amazing cable management which I attempted to use, I'm no expert at this but here's my build inside the R4.

IMG_1325.png

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

25 minutes ago, Sousuke said:

Thanks, Also has amazing cable management which I attempted to use, I'm no expert at this but here's my build inside the R4.

IMG_1325.png

Love the optical drive! Lets party likes its 2006!

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

7 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

I use optical drives to rip audio off cds

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Just now, sub68 said:

I use optical drives to rip audio off cds

Oh yeah I was joking, I have two in my system, ones a DVD combo and the other is a Blu-Ray player. I plan on using the Blu-Ray player soon when I get my Spider-Man Blu-Ray collection later today when I have the time outside of studying for school. I'm also looking at external enclosures since the new case I am getting won't have the ability to store a 5.25" drive. 

19 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Oh yeah I was joking, I have two in my system, ones a DVD combo and the other is a Blu-Ray player. I plan on using the Blu-Ray player soon when I get my Spider-Man Blu-Ray collection later today when I have the time outside of studying for school. I'm also looking at external enclosures since the new case I am getting won't have the ability to store a 5.25" drive. 

My old windows machine I use sometimes as a tv pc and it has a dvd drive and a blu ray

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

19 hours ago, sub68 said:

*snip*

Bought those from Canadian Tire, they didn't last 1 year :(

My new gloves are cheap motorcycle leather gloves I bought in China, 4 pairs for the same price as this one. So far, they have lasted longer (over 1 year and I'm still on my first pair).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

1 hour ago, wkdpaul said:

Bought those from Canadian Tire, they didn't last 1 year :(

My new gloves are cheap motorcycle leather gloves I bought in China, 4 pairs for the same price as this one. So far, they have lasted longer (over 1 year and I'm still on my first pair).

Guess it depends on your usage.

But I love using mechanix gloves because the dextarty

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

22 hours ago, sub68 said:

Very nice I where glasses with gloves so I am full protected

Meanwhile I catch myself at home grinding and welding in a tshirt and Mechanix gloves. Doing the 'ole eye squint. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

So the previous motherboard I bought for my build got broken (very long story lol) instead of waiting to get a new one I just went ahead and bought a more spendy board and am going to give the new one I'll get to my S/O for their build

ENVxsI1.png

also another nvme since it was like 33 dollars off and my stupid bird brain couldnt resist

sIfGP5M.png

(hey atleast I get payed friday :( )

They/Them

rgb go woosh woosh fps higher

Ryzen 5 3600X  | Asus ROG Strix B550-E | Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 Twin Edge | 32G DDR4 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro | Corsair RM750x | Corsair 4000D Airflow

Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red | Ducky Mecha Mini | Glorious Model D-

Nintendo Switch | Xbox One

I got a deck box as well as a 11 units to bring my Axis and Allies War at Sea collection up to 100 units. IMG_8734.thumb.JPG.d00a6ad48439175f91bb3ebb6a4a6de3.JPG

819DdfZb2tL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.7ff57793012da43a6127f185a7bc4d6f.jpg

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 hours ago, Voluspa said:

Meanwhile I catch myself at home grinding and welding in a tshirt and Mechanix gloves. Doing the 'ole eye squint. 

I do mowing with mechanix gloves and IEM's with no safety glasses

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

33 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Decent gloves are an important thing. I tried the Mechanix gloves with a bad experience. The service life of the gloves was about 4-6 months. Then I bought HWI gloves. Even after four years, the gloves are completely intact and in excellent condition. No wonder NYPD use HWI gloves. Below are pictures of Combat gloves and Winter cut resistant gloves.

well it comes to personal preference I use mechanix gloves on everything biking to working under a car.

but thanks for the recommendation for my next pair of gloves.

my last pair of mechanix gloves lasted me though 3 years

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 hour ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Decent gloves are an important thing. I tried the Mechanix gloves with a bad experience. The service life of the gloves was about 4-6 months. Then I bought HWI gloves. Even after four years, the gloves are completely intact and in excellent condition. No wonder NYPD use HWI gloves. Below are pictures of Combat gloves and Winter cut resistant gloves.

Combat gloves

Winter cut resistant

Hows their sizing run? I've been told I have the hands and wrists of a gynecologist.

6 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Depending on the glove, but usually XS to XXL.
See web page --->
https://hwigear.com/shop/

I meant do they run on the small or large side like how different brands of pants and shoes fit different even if tagged the same "size".

22 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

Got to! I've used the Blu-Ray RW drive for a while for small data backups (Larger backups go on LTO4 Tapes) and to just generally burn CDs,DVDs for my older systems. Did have it connected via USB3 but thought if I had the bay to use, may as well use it! If it had the ability to have a Floppy Disk Drive, id probs have one installed as well!

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

3 minutes ago, Sousuke said:

Got to! I've used the Blu-Ray RW drive for a while for small data backups (Larger backups go on LTO4 Tapes) and to just generally burn CDs,DVDs for my older systems. Did have it connected via USB3 but thought if I had the bay to use, may as well use it! If it had the ability to have a Floppy Disk Drive, id probs have one installed as well!

The only time I really use mine is for DVDs (Got the James Bond collection and now Spider-Man came yesterday) and installing Windows 10. I would use a USB drive but it seems complicated when I have a disk that I can just use to install Windows since I already have the drive and not go the extra step of creating an ISO for a USB installer. 

Or just download the ISO straight from MS without using the media creation tool, just need to fake the browser id to say you're not running windows and you get the direct ISO download.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

40 minutes ago, Benji said:

You do know that you can even make that work without doing an ISO first? My Lenovo recovery medium (16GB or so in size, lol) also didn't come as an ISO and I can make that in a bootable drive without it being an ISO. Even if you just have the Windows files from the ISO extracted to a folder it works.

13 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Or just download the ISO straight from MS without using the media creation tool, just need to fake the browser id to say you're not running windows and you get the direct ISO download.

Oh wow, didn't even know that. That's the only reason other than watching DVDs I still have an optical drive in my case, but planning on getting a new case whenever they get production started (Dune Pro in the next couple of weeks). 

IMG_4597.thumb.JPG.28eb6c638b8cbc9ea5595e0a0f221845.JPG

my moondrop cable came

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Just bought my first flagship graphics card. Well... Maybe not the newest but it is still pretty good.

232084745_newgpu.thumb.jpg.634911306a2df09b4147219ac9f5a162.jpg

I had to clean the dust out of it, here it is cleaned.

376190868_newgpu2.thumb.jpg.5f2ab798789edb4e9c444d2ae880b67e.jpg

And yes, that is an OG Tamiya Hornet.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

18 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

Just bought my first flagship graphics card. Well... Maybe not the newest but it is still pretty good.

232084745_newgpu.thumb.jpg.634911306a2df09b4147219ac9f5a162.jpg

I had to clean the dust out of it, here it is cleaned.

376190868_newgpu2.thumb.jpg.5f2ab798789edb4e9c444d2ae880b67e.jpg

And yes, that is an OG Tamiya Hornet.

Hope you didn't spend too much on the card but otherwise a great collector item if you are into that sort of thing. 

Just now, CommanderAlex said:

Hope you didn't spend too much on the card but otherwise a great collector item if you are into that sort of thing.

Lol, the pricing of new cards sucks, and last gen RTX cards are way overpriced. For what I do this should work fine.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches