Show off your latest purchases

5 hours ago, Benji said:

Switzerland is trilingual (German, French and Italian).

You forgot Romansh, the language is only spoken in parts of northern Italy and parts of the Canton of Graubünden and Tessin aka Ticino. 

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

56 minutes ago, Benji said:

Okay, I've never heard of that language. What language is closest to it? French? Italian? Based on its name it is very obviously a Romance language, but what is its closest "main" language? The French language Corse, for example, is closer to Italian than it is to French :D

Have you ever heard Romansh spoken or are you able to speak it yourself?

It's a branch of Latin and it's mixed with Swiss German and sometimes Italian, but I don't understand it, even though it close to Swiss German. But the people who speak Romansh usually also speak either Swiss German, Italian or French to be able to Communicate with the rest of the Country. No I can't speak it myself. I can only can only speak Swiss German (my dialect is a mix of the Aargauer and Zürcher dialect which IMO are the easiest to understand for a German, dialects of the Cantons of Aargau and Zurich), German and English. My Mom can say some basic Sentences in Romansh. Romance is slowly but surely dying out since people stop learning it and directly switch to Swiss German which is spoken and understood in 17 Cantons because no one else except them understand the language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romansh_language

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Switzerland

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

Spoiler

Salerno Series High Back Light Gray Mesh Office Chair with Arms

Got a new chair, looks very similar to this but is cyan. 

going to pick it up on monday!

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Audio: Logitech G432, Moondrop Starfield, Mic: Razer Siren Mini (White).

Phone: Pixel 3a (Purple-ish).

Build Log: 

3 hours ago, Kilrah said:

Got quite a bit of experience with the DJI stuff.

Fantastic, thanks!

I'm currently living fulltime in my campervan while travelling around Australia and i find controlling the drone from my phone to be a little tedious because of my phones small screen and the brightness outside, if i step into the van to control it from there the signal dies but i'd really love to find a way to make it work.  Is there any way i can fly it from my desktop PC? I thought that i could perhaps have some type of external antenna system that i could permanently attach to the roof of the?

Of course i would also need some type of software for the PC or at the very least a cable that would enable the DJI controller to display its signal on my 27 inch monitor, i wonder if these solutions could end up costing more than the drone itself lol 

25 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Bought all of this stuff for a freePBX build, apart from the SSD.

I originally considered that board ( or some variant of it )

for my Minecraft server 

but decided later to just upgrade the ram on my nas and run it on there

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

1 hour ago, Totallycasual said:

Fantastic, thanks!

I'm currently living fulltime in my campervan while travelling around Australia and i find controlling the drone from my phone to be a little tedious because of my phones small screen and the brightness outside, if i step into the van to control it from there the signal dies but i'd really love to find a way to make it work.  Is there any way i can fly it from my desktop PC? I thought that i could perhaps have some type of external antenna system that i could permanently attach to the roof of the?

Of course i would also need some type of software for the PC or at the very least a cable that would enable the DJI controller to display its signal on my 27 inch monitor, i wonder if these solutions could end up costing more than the drone itself lol 

From the PC no since there's no PC program to connect with the aircraft. Putting remote antennas is possible, there are people who sell kits to modify the remote and add connectors, to which you could connect some coax and if needed Wi-Fi amplifiers and go to outside antennas.

People usually get a dedicated phone/tablet when they want something more substantial as a display instead of using their everyday phone. DJI's Crystalsky tablets come with a superbright screen and have an HDMI output you could connect to a TV or something too...

Personally I use DJI goggles which IMO are the best and most portable way to have a good picture but you can't use that with a Mini, need a full size Mavic Pro or Mavic 2.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B087C3NG9W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This ultra cheap camlink knock off. Its only 30 fps but I am currently on quarantine and wanted a way to use my DSLR as a webcam. I found several overly positive reviews for this thing on youtube so I figured it was cheap enough to give it a go

On 8/18/2020 at 7:03 PM, it_dont_work said:

Only problem there, is I like in country Australia. A trip to town to work is a 60mile round trip. 

Man that has got to suck to have to go that far just for groceries.

The farthest I've had to go so far for a job was 62 miles one way but I was glad to have a job.

20 hours ago, soldier_ph said:

I can only can only speak Swiss German

grüezi

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

Joined 144hz gang after my TV went kaput last weekend. 

GUw9K25.jpg

Cheapest 1440p@144hz i could find. Not the best picture quality but man i'm desperate and broke. lel

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

3 hours ago, Drama Lama said:

grüezi

Grüesich, is that the only word you know or have you just looked it up or do you know more ?

39 minutes ago, soldier_ph said:

Grüesich, is that the only word you know or have you just looked it up or do you know more ?

I just had to double check exact spelling.

hearing is possible but not easy ( because of the dialect ) ( at least that’s my experience from mostly ski lift conversations)

Edited by Drama Lama

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

10 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

-snip-

Um...unless im drunk, your address is in there.

PC: Motherboard: ASUS B550M TUF-Plus, CPU: Ryzen 3 3100, CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34, GPU: GIGABYTE WindForce GTX1650S, RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 2x8GB 3200 CL16, Case, CoolerMaster MB311L ARGB, Boot Drive: 250GB MX500, Game Drive: WD Blue 1TB 7200RPM HDD.

Peripherals: GK61 (Optical Gateron Red) with Mistel White/Orange keycaps, Logitech G102 (Purple), BitWit Ensemble Grey Deskpad. 

Build Log: 

2 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

And why does Lenovo say @BlueScope819 is a member of the parrot gang? 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

4 minutes ago, TofuHaroto said:

That's LMG. lol

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

10 hours ago, BlueScope819 said:

Go ahead and google that.

Ah nvm then lol.

Build Log: 

Figured I’d try and quit smoking ciggys again...

ive been smoking ciggys for 12 years, almost the majority of my life.

image.jpg

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

3 hours ago, Hakemon said:

I got a bankers lamp because.......I always wanted one since I was a kid.  Don't ask why, I may be in my mid 30's but it's never to late to get what you wanted.

IMG_20200820_211813266_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200820_211825739_HDR.jpg

Is that a floppy storage box? Got yourself a nice little nostalgia setup.

AMD blackout rig

4 hours ago, Benji said:

What exactly is that?

All the best for you on your journey :)

Juul with Virginia tobacco pod

figured even if I didn’t stop with the juul it will at least be a little better than ciggys 

AMD blackout rig

3 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

image.thumb.png.3a6c0ecc1b7daae1a35d237d597737d5.png

Wanted to see what the crashing fuss was about, haven't really gotten to play it yet. 

What’s the hype around this?

AMD blackout rig

15 hours ago, Hakemon said:

I got a bankers lamp because.......I always wanted one since I was a kid.  Don't ask why, I may be in my mid 30's but it's never to late to get what you wanted.

what anime are you watching?

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

16 hours ago, Hakemon said:

bankers lamp

Wait it’s not green?

that‘s illegal 

Hi

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

hi

1 minute ago, Hakemon said:

Blue Exorcist.  I'm not an anime guy and got bored and started with Ghost in the Shell and then I just kept going in the rabbit hole.  It also helps if when only a subtitled version exists, that my ex 10 years ago was Japanese and taught me some, so I can understand..........some of it if I'm not looking.

ok thats cool that you know some japnesse to a point that you can listen and understand

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang