Show off your latest purchases

So... Daughter needed new color pencils, so...

crayons_couleurs.jpg.045a9f7908b6ede81b34411f4f58293c.jpg

Who would have guesses that drawing materials got so expensive if you want something decent... O_o

I'll wait a few years before buying her some Caran d'Ache...

And I grew fed up of conversions and approximations, so...

measuring_cups.jpg.7eb8b299364522c113ec2b360793d3cb.jpg

5 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

I will mix this up a little

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.46925aab85a9742ef88a412593d5f776.png

A bit "old" maybe? ?

1 hour ago, Cora_Lie said:

So... Daughter needed new color pencils, so...

crayons_couleurs.jpg.045a9f7908b6ede81b34411f4f58293c.jpg

Who would have guesses that drawing materials got so expensive if you want something decent... O_o

I'll wait a few years before buying her some Caran d'Ache...

And I grew fed up of conversions and approximations, so...

measuring_cups.jpg.7eb8b299364522c113ec2b360793d3cb.jpg

I really like my Caran d'Ache colouring pencils I got from school. They're just extremely expensive if you have to buy them.

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

1 hour ago, Cora_Lie said:

A bit "old" maybe? ?

Only a week and a half or so. 

51 minutes ago, Pascal... said:

I really like my Caran d'Ache colouring pencils I got from school. They're just extremely expensive if you have to buy them.

I keep eyeing some of those.  But, darn, yeah, the price is an ouch and this coming from someone that drops money on Faber Castell and the like.

O which reminds me, some pastels I nabbed on clearance.  Still hit the wallet hard, but the price was heavily marked down.  To give a hint, the original price was 280 bucks.

IMG_20190810_120229835.thumb.jpg.6a6ba99d5cf1e75a9d278a549b4bd2b9.jpg

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

1 hour ago, Ithanul said:

I keep eyeing some of those.  But, darn, yeah, the price is an ouch and this coming from someone that drops money on Faber Castell and the like.

O which reminds me, some pastels I nabbed on clearance.  Still hit the wallet hard, but the price was heavily marked down.  To give a hint, the original price was 280 bucks.

Spoiler

IMG_20190810_120229835.thumb.jpg.6a6ba99d5cf1e75a9d278a549b4bd2b9.jpg

Yes, I know them quite well, my daughter uses them for quite some time now ^o^ We also use the Koh-I-Noor a lot. I really like their quality. Nothing to compare with the Caran d'Ache, true, but a good quality and really cheap compared to  and the Caran d'Ache.

Some good pencils too are the Stabilo CarbOthello. Really good quality for the price.

Edit: I forgot to say, she already has a small box of Caran d'Ache Pablo, but she doesn't like them, the colors are not flamboyant enough for her ? Well... She's still young. What I regret is that they stopped doing the normal pencil colors for kids. Now they are all watersoluble. Which is really a shame...

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Ithanul said:

To give a hint, the original price was 280 bucks.

I just read the original price... 280$ ???  USD? CAD? AUS???

This is just outrageous! In Europe they are less than 40€

https://www.amazon.de/Rembrandt-Weiche-Pastellkreiden-Box-Farben/dp/B006FKDE1G/

I don't know where you are (geographically speaking) but I'm sure you can order them even with postage they will be less expensive! O_o

3 hours ago, Cora_Lie said:

I just read the original price... 280$ ???  USD? CAD? AUS???

This is just outrageous! In Europe they are less than 40€

https://www.amazon.de/Rembrandt-Weiche-Pastellkreiden-Box-Farben/dp/B006FKDE1G/

I don't know where you are (geographically speaking) but I'm sure you can order them even with postage they will be less expensive! O_o

$US.  And as I said, I didn't pay that price.  Stores around here don't carry many pastels and the few they do, they charge for them.  Actually, art stores are very small and not common where I'm at.

Caran d'Ache pencils when I seen them at stores usually go 100+ bucks for the big sets.  That is not including tax in the price.  Reason I always wait for sales and use coupons that work on sales price.

4 hours ago, Cora_Lie said:

Yes, I know them quite well, my daughter uses them for quite some time now ^o^ We also use the Koh-I-Noor a lot. I really like their quality. Nothing to compare with the Caran d'Ache, true, but a good quality and really cheap compared to  and the Caran d'Ache.

Some good pencils too are the Stabilo CarbOthello. Really good quality for the price.

Edit: I forgot to say, she already has a small box of Caran d'Ache Pablo, but she doesn't like them, the colors are not flamboyant enough for her ? Well... She's still young. What I regret is that they stopped doing the normal pencil colors for kids. Now they are all watersoluble. Which is really a shame...

How is the price of those Caran d'Ache pencils over there?  I may go through with ordering them and doing the wait if it is cheaper to import.  I really want to give those a go.  As I seen some art work done with them, and the color is just stunning. 

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

On 8/22/2019 at 1:28 AM, valdyrgramr said:

1137356257_awya2.PNG.15d192a162cefded75694e2c8ff688d1.PNG

Issues with amazon got my prime refunded 40%, so I got this cool action figure and an SSD to put a linux distro on for development purposes.

2117259570_awya.PNG.54b874b31e12ab5415519375ef4fa151.PNG

One of his reps gave me a 35 buck gift card balance, so I bought my favorite soda and some of my favorite hot peppers.

Good thing I can't feel the Bern!

Carolina Reaper Pepper......RIP your ass and your toilet. I tried the Ghost Pepper and that shit is hot asf. I ran into my local grocery store to get me some ice cream to cool down my ass.

42 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

$US.  And as I said, I didn't pay that price.  Stores around here don't carry many pastels and the few they do, they charge for them.  Actually, art stores are very small and not common where I'm at.

Caran d'Ache pencils when I seen them at stores usually go 100+ bucks for the big sets.  That is not including tax in the price.  Reason I always wait for sales and use coupons that work on sales price.

Caran d'Ache at 100$ the big set?? Certainly not the Luminance... Those are REALLY expensive.

If you're talking of the Swisscolor or the Supracolor either the Prismalo, those are more common (still really good), BUT they are water-soluble. Which the Luminance (the best of the best at the moment of all the color pencils brands) are not. You also have the Pablo, excellent quality, but these are still different another color range.

Then it also depends what you call the big set... the 80 ? the 120 ?

What you can do is buy a small box and try them, if they appeal to you.

42 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

How is the price of those Caran d'Ache pencils over there?  I may go through with ordering them and doing the wait if it is cheaper to import.  I really want to give those a go.  As I seen some art work done with them, and the color is just stunning. 

Yes, the Caran d'Ache are really IMO the best quality atm. And they are very versatile.

For my power supply-less i7 950 rig as I had to steal it's power supply for my file server machine...purchased off of Craigslist locally here in Abbtosford BC Canada and astute locals to this area at least will note the sticker on the side of the box. Yes still sealed and I got it for a good price.

AX860i.jpg

On 8/23/2019 at 9:31 PM, spwath said:

Seiko mini Turtle

ey nice, we have the same watch model, well almost, I got the Padi version and I see that you also went with a nato strap. NICE 

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 hours ago, Dackzy said:

ey nice, we have the same watch model, well almost, I got the Padi version and I see that you also went with a nato strap. NICE 

Yeah, I have a NATO, perlon, and rubber waffle strap

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 hour ago, spwath said:

Yeah, I have a NATO, perlon, and rubber waffle strap

Nice, how are you liking it so far?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

1 hour ago, AshikM said:

My new ryzen 9 3900x  ?

Spoiler

20190815_122310.jpg

My!!!   That's a LOT of bling! ^o^

2 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Nice, how are you liking it so far?

I like it.

Adds to my collection. I also have a Bulova Accutron Spaceview (which is cool, because it uses a tuning fork instead of a mechanical movement or quartz), a soviet Russian mechanical watch, and 2 cheap casios.

I usually wore the Bulova before, but ill alternate that with the Seiko. The Seiko is a lot more robust too with its 200m water resistance. Plus the timing bezel is fun to play with.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

18 hours ago, Cora_Lie said:

Caran d'Ache at 100$ the big set?? Certainly not the Luminance... Those are REALLY expensive.

If you're talking of the Swisscolor or the Supracolor either the Prismalo, those are more common (still really good), BUT they are water-soluble. Which the Luminance (the best of the best at the moment of all the color pencils brands) are not. You also have the Pablo, excellent quality, but these are still different another color range.

Then it also depends what you call the big set... the 80 ? the 120 ?

What you can do is buy a small box and try them, if they appeal to you.

Well, just the supracolor 30 set goes for this at one store:

Capture.JPG.764a7b8c352ab4a0929f1ff992af4db9.JPG

And of course, Luminance sets are indeed expensive.  Hmmm, though this store is doing a sale atm.

Capture2.JPG.32f8d58f8cd00228490c2b73bdc287f8.JPG

20 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

Well, just the supracolor 30 set goes for this at one store:

Capture.JPG.764a7b8c352ab4a0929f1ff992af4db9.JPG

And of course, Luminance sets are indeed expensive.  Hmmm, though this store is doing a sale atm.

Capture2.JPG.32f8d58f8cd00228490c2b73bdc287f8.JPG

It's more or less the price: https://www.amazon.de/Caran-3888-330-ArtistSupracolor-Aquarelle-Sortiment/dp/B000WN9QVY/

I see that you're going with the water-soluble... What about trying the Neocolor 2?

https://www.amazon.de/Caran-dAche-Neocolor-Aquarellpastellkreiden-wasserfest/dp/B07JG66P29/

Spoiler

Beware... I'm an enabler... ?

19 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

Due to a developmental disorder I t takes over 10 million SHU for me to feel a faint burn, and I also can't really pain either.  My dentist loves me.  

So you eat this Satan's food daily?!

On 8/19/2019 at 8:52 PM, TVwazhere said:

NT-H1 from a forum member who couldnt resist throwing in an extra for me ;) 

Is the forum member named @Den-Fi?

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside