Show off your latest purchases

Finally decided to get a decent task chair.

Can't wait!

rsz_herman-miller-aeron-arms-4.jpg

rsz_2untitled.jpg

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

1 hour ago, eLucid said:

Can't wait!

rsz_herman-miller-aeron-arms-4.jpg

rsz_2untitled.jpg

1k for a chair? wow!

I currently play PUBG, help me get chicken dinner xD

2 hours ago, eLucid said:

Can't wait!

We have that style at work, which i am currently sitting in lol, and they are pretty comfy.

35w HiD's yay. (yes I aimed them down)

Took about a hour to install and re aim both lights. Color is 4300K. About 30% brighter than stock. 

P_20161129_174319.jpg

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Gigabyte GTX 1080

Still in its anti static bag because the card is ice cold and I don not want condensation on it.

gtx1080.jpg

Please GTX 1080TI be super shitty or super expensive. 

5 minutes ago, .spider. said:

Gigabyte GTX 1080

Still in its anti static bag because the card is ice cold and I don not want condensation on it.

-snip-

It won't be super shitty and it won't cost more than the titan x for obvious reasons. You should've waited...

i7 7700k @ 4.9ghz | Asus Maximus IX Hero | G.skill 32gb @ 3200 | Gtx 1080 classified | In win 909 | Samsung 960 pro 1tb | WD caviar blue 1tb x3 | Dell u3417w | Corsair H115i | Ducky premier dk9008p (mx reds) | Logitech g900 | Sennheiser hd 800s w/ hdvd 800 | Audioengine a5+ w/ s8

I have sold my drawing tablet and have bought this to replace it - a Motion Computing LE1700. These things are old (running a 1.5GHz Core 2 Duo) but they have a wacom digitizer in the display! So for Paint Tool SAI, this will be a sweet little machine! I should get a case for it :3 it's like a Cintiq Companion but at 1/16th the cost.

motion_le1700.jpg

18 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is that Black Mesa an official remake or a fan thing?  Just curious.  

It's not exactly fan-made, since there is a company behind, but it's not "official" either, since that company isn't Valve :P There is Half Life Source (made by Valve), but there's little to no difference between that and the origina (Source is a port of the game to the Source 1 engine, while the original HL1 runs on the GoldSrc Engine, a fork of the Quake Engine). Black Mesa (Source Engine , same as HL2) is a vastly improved version with better physics, graphics and slightly altered gameplay as well as a pretty sweet soundtrack. (but still lacks the final Xen Section).

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

bought another usb reciever for my g930 headset , because i stepped on my old one by accident

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

19 minutes ago, Speakerator said:

It's not exactly fan-made, since there is a company behind, but it's not "official" either, since that company isn't Valve :P There is Half Life Source (made by Valve), but there's little to no difference between that and the origina (Source is a port of the game to the Source 1 engine, while the original HL1 runs on the GoldSrc Engine, a fork of the Quake Engine). Black Mesa (Source Engine , same as HL2) is a vastly improved version with better physics, graphics and slightly altered gameplay as well as a pretty sweet soundtrack. (but still lacks the final Xen Section).

Valve is ok with Black Mesa being made?    

Though if they don't care to make HL2 ep3 or a HL3 despite extreme fan interest/demand I guess Valve has "checked out" to a degree where they don't care if some other company improves on their work.  

16 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

bought another usb reciever for my g930 headset , because i stepped on my old one by accident

I've stepped on things too.  Thankfully most things have survived my foot.  ?

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I've stepped on things too.  Thankfully most things have survived my foot.  ?

yeah i was careless enough to have the adapter plugged in the usb hub the g930 provides , which was unfortunately on the floor.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

10 hours ago, Magnetorheological said:

-Never tried Aerocool stuff before, but reviews for this case have been solid so far, so I caved. (My Antec 900 is getting a bit worn down)

-The extended mouse pad isn't for my mouse (using a MM300 Extended), but to line the upper part of my desk so my speakers, volume controls, USB hub don't slide around as easily.

...and Shantae because Shantae is love, Shantae is life. :D

I'm hoping to find a new case too.  I like the NZXT Phantom 240 case I have for my main desktop but I'm hoping to find a new case of the same size with similarly good internal config but with the change of a flat top and possibly a more open front panel for fan ventilation.  Pretty sure I want to stick with a white case so I can continue a rough white/blue theme I have.  

I'd asked for suggestions in a status update but while I got a few decent suggestions they all had a closed off front panel that I'd assume has poor ventilation that I don't want... 

What is the gameplay like for Shantae?  I've heard of it but never played any of the series.  

1 hour ago, .spider. said:

Gigabyte GTX 1080

Is it their base model 1080 or the G1?  

Also: hey! lol  I'm hoping to get a 1080 ti so I can have a 4K worthy GPU.  Though I'd also need a 4K tv or monitor to go with.  

58 minutes ago, KemoKa said:

I have sold my drawing tablet and have bought this to replace it - a Motion Computing LE1700. These things are old (running a 1.5GHz Core 2 Duo) but they have a wacom digitizer in the display! So for Paint Tool SAI, this will be a sweet little machine! I should get a case for it :3 it's like a Cintiq Companion but at 1/16th the cost.

I assume this new thing is better?    Sorry I'm not familiar with drawing devices.  

Btw: I like the whole "I'm a fox loli" thing.  It's cute in a "I just enjoy cute things" sort of way.  ?

9 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

yeah i was careless enough to have the adapter plugged in the usb hub the g930 provides , which was unfortunately on the floor.

Ouch.  I hope that was less painful than stepping on Legos.  Those things will murder your foot.  ?

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Valve is ok with Black Mesa being made?    

Though if they don't care to make HL2 ep3 or a HL3 despite extreme fan interest/demand I guess Valve has "checked out" to a degree where they don't care if some other company improves on their work.  

Well, Wikipedia lists it as "made by the mod community" and as a mod all together, it is listed in Steam with the "Crowbar Collective" as its publisher. The thing has been a long time in the making and Valve is aware of them, so I guess they are either okay with that or really do not care.

I'm still rooting for a HL3, though I'm sure the hype and all the expectations aren't helping the game one bit - it just becomes a huge gamble for Valve. Nonetheless, it will come. Some glorious day. And on that day, the internet will officially and finally break, for good. :D

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

57 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is it their base model 1080 or the G1?  

G1 but I think I'll send it back because at variating loads it sounds like a dial up modem and the fans are emitting a quiet loud humming noise between 60% and 64% 

7 minutes ago, Speakerator said:

Well, Wikipedia lists it as "made by the mod community" and as a mod all together, it is listed in Steam with the "Crowbar Collective" as its publisher. The thing has been a long time in the making and Valve is aware of them, so I guess they are either okay with that or really do not care.

I'm still rooting for a HL3, though I'm sure the hype and all the expectations aren't helping the game one bit - it just becomes a huge gamble for Valve. Nonetheless, it will come. Some glorious day. And on that day, the internet will officially and finally break, for good. :D

I'm just desperate for them to make ep3 to FINISH THE DAMN STORY...  ?

HL3 would be a very welcome bonus.  ?

2 minutes ago, .spider. said:

G1 but I think I'll send it back because at variating loads it sounds like a dial up modem and the fans are emitting a quiet loud humming noise between 60% and 64% 

Have you checked what fps you're getting when running games or whatever you're using it for?

I ran into humming/coil whine (idk if there's a difference) when I first got my G1 1070 and what seemed to fix that (or at least mostly) was limiting fps to my monitor refresh rate of 120.  To keep the card quiet from not trying to render crazy high framerates that are beyond my monitor's ability to display anyway.  

You could try that if you care to before sending the G1 back.  

If you do get a new 1080 I'd try asking @M.Yurizaki or someone else who has had an EVGA card before considering buying an EVGA 1080 in case you're thinking about it.

I've heard stuff about some issues with EVGA 10 series cards but idk if it was all EVGA cards or just some of their 10 series cards.  Or if the problem has been totally solved.  I think it is but users like Yurizaki would know more.

5 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'm hoping to find a new case too.  I like the NZXT Phantom 240 case I have for my main desktop but I'm hoping to find a new case of the same size with similarly good internal config but with the change of a flat top and possibly a more open front panel for fan ventilation.  Pretty sure I want to stick with a white case so I can continue a rough white/blue theme I have.  

I'd asked for suggestions in a status update but while I got a few decent suggestions they all had a closed off front panel that I'd assume has poor ventilation that I don't want... 

What is the gameplay like for Shantae?  I've heard of it but never played any of the series.  

The only thing I didn't like is that there are only 2 3.5" drive bays, and I'm currently using 3. The front ventilation on the P7-C1 is comparable to my Antec 900 (completely open front), but arguably much better, since there are no drive bays in the way.

Shantae is a 2d platformer in the vein of Megaman, Castlevania and Metroid, and is really fun (if you like those genres), with a really likeable protagonist and humorous supporting cast.   

24 minutes ago, .spider. said:

Hey, you could have my 7950. As soon as it hits 3D clocks (it doesn't even have to be under load), it sounds like something hitting a fan blade, but it's not.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I assume this new thing is better? Sorry I'm not familiar with drawing devices. 

Btw: I like the whole "I'm a fox loli" thing.  It's cute in a "I just enjoy cute things" sort of way.  ?

It's from 2007, but what it's replacing is essentially just a USB-powered display with an HDMI port and a digitizer. That's it. and to use it, you need to carry a laptop and at least two cables with you. It's cumbersome to use on the go.

The Motion Computing tablet, on the other hand, is a full (albeit 10-year-old) x86 computer. Everything you need is right there in one machine and unlike my old tablet, it has a dedicated compartment for the stylus like a Nintendo DS, which is terrific, and it's so old that it was literally $80 for two of them.

and ty! ^w^ *hugs*

And it's finally here, the €270 Final Fantasy XV Ultimate Collector's Edition. Mind you it's not for me, it's a birthday/graduation gift for my gf. I know, it's a pre-order and I'm dying inside because of it. 

PmZyNep.jpg

More pics

fWhZ8jr.jpg

2UXEpoX.jpg

7GKTQg1.jpg

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Ordered a Xbox One S 1tb Battlefield special edition on cyber monday, will post pictures when it gets here :) 

Update: shipped today (Wednesday) :D

Main PC(no name yet): CPU-AMD Ryzen 7 1700, MOBO-ASRock AB350 K4, RAM-16gb G.Skill 3000MHz, GPU-Asus Strix GTX960 2gb, CPU Cooler-Stock Cooler rn, Storage-SanDisk 512gb SSD/OCZ Agility 4 128gb SSD/2TB Toshiba, CASE-Corsair Spec-02 Redshift Edition

Laptop: HP EliteBook Folio 9470m

1 hour ago, Magnetorheological said:

The only thing I didn't like is that there is only 2 3.5" drive bays, and I'm currently using 3. The front ventilation on the P7-C1 is comparable to my Antec 900 (completely open front), but arguably much better, since there are no drive bays in the way.

Shantae is a 2d platformer in the vein of Megaman, Castlevania and Metroid, and is really fun (if you like those genres), with a really likeable protagonist and humorous supporting cast.   

Is this a mid tower or smaller?    That's unfortunate that it only has 2.  

I really want want a new white case with an open front for good ventilation.  Idk why any case would have a closed up front with only tiny vent openings.  I mean, how are fans supposed to effectively pull in air that way?  

I love Mega Man and Metroid.  Perhaps Shantae is worth a look.  ?

1 hour ago, KemoKa said:

It's from 2007, but what it's replacing is essentially just a USB-powered display with an HDMI port and a digitizer. That's it. and to use it, you need to carry a laptop and at least two cables with you. It's cumbersome to use on the go.

The Motion Computing tablet, on the other hand, is a full (albeit 10-year-old) x86 computer. Everything you need is right there in one machine and unlike my old tablet, it has a dedicated compartment for the stylus like a Nintendo DS, which is terrific, and it's so old that it was literally $80 for two of them.

and ty! ^w^ *hugs*

If this new thing is that old will it be good enough for your needs without its age being an issue?

Awww.  You're welcome.  ?

Is this a mid tower or smaller?    That's unfortunate that it only has 2.  

I really want want a new white case with an open front for good ventilation.  Idk why any case would have a closed up front with only tiny vent openings.  I mean, how are fans supposed to effectively pull in air that way?  

I love Mega Man and Metroid.  Perhaps Shantae is worth a look.  ?

It's a midtower case with a PSU basement. I'm sure cases with closed fronts are designed to work just fine, but it just doesn't really sit well with me, for the same concern you have with them. 

And yeah, you can't go wrong with Shantae. You can try out their previous games on major consoles/Steam first to decide if you like it or not, especially since Steam has refunds now.