Show off your latest purchases

A Dominos pizza half off, $50 jeans half off and a $40 belt also half off. ?

Well, I needed a decent SSD for a while. I've got a 128GB in my desktop, and my laptop is on a HDD which is total crap. 

On a local deal site, there was a deal on Amazon Germany for a 960GB SilliconPower SSD for $133 delivered to Australia. 

My dad was running out of storage on his current SSD and HDDs, so I sent the deal to him via text during my lunch break. 

Within the hour, I got a text back: 'Ordered 2, one for me, one for you'... 

tfw you literally have more SSD space than HDD space now

idk

24 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

It was on sale for black Friday @$39 CAD, I subscribed to Prime for free shipping and also had a $20 gift card, so I paid less than $25CAD total xD

For less than $10 CAD after the MIR, that's a steal!! ;)

Cool.  I need a new keyboard and mouse.  I like the buttons for volume on my keyboard and my mouse is comfy to use but both feel cheap and I know there's better out there.

I have a Logitech mouse in mind but I still need to find a good keyboard with Cherry mx brown switches.  I want a tactile feel to know a key press was registered, and a medium actuation force but without the loud sound of mx blue switches.  So I think brown is a good choice.  

I this stuff on Black Friday.  The AVG thing was only $5 USD down from $30.  

I'm going to use it for my secondary desktop and my laptop.  

The games and movies I think are very good prices.  I've been eager to get to see Pride and Prejudice and Zombies so I'm looking forward to owning it.   

The copy of Batman and 2 of the copies of Skyrim will be presents for my 2 friends.  

Dishonored 2 is all mine though.  ?

image.png

image.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

A Dominos pizza half off, $50 jeans half off and a $40 belt also half off. ?

Yay pizza!  What kind?

11 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

-snip-

Its the nomenclature chosen for the Steelbook edition worldwide, because there is a Collections edition in Australia and Japan, that has both Fan editions, one wallpaper and exclusive badges. 

Sidenote tough, the Steelbook has a very glossy front and it already has airline scratches :l. It doesnt bother me at all, since its unscathed from dents and alike, but i suppose it loses a little value after those small scratches appear. Microfiber clothes cant clean it out and im not secure onto using gap filling wax in there, which works on cars, but those have clearcoating and the steelbook does not :(. Guess i just gotta leave it like that and protect it from further damage. Its only visible on direct light and from a certain angle shift, not direct ilumination tough :p. I left snugged within a cotton towel and even so, it made those hairline scratches O-o! I suppose the inner lining is somewhat rough, hence the light scratches. Im sad :P.

Groomlake Authority

On 11/28/2016 at 5:04 AM, GamerDude said:

Christmas came a little early for me, decided to reward myself with an LG V20 Titan 64GB + UAG case, also had a tempered glass screen protector installed but it doesn't quite fit exactly since the protector is flat and the screen on the V20 has curved edges.....on all sides, more so on top and below and less on the sides.

Man I'd love to get a V20 if it were the same price as a Moto G4 Plus 64GB. Don't get me wrong, I like stock Android. But LG's take on it is just so nice.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Was pondering should I spend $5 on the After Dark DLC in Cities Skylines. Then this picture help me make my decision.

The screenshot is from Steam. Bus driving over grass cause no drive way. Buy!

ss_89f5949a5a0d7f35b120bf885d93d8c061a07

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Its the nomenclature chosen for the Steelbook edition worldwide, because there is a Collections edition in Australia and Japan, that has both Fan editions, one wallpaper and exclusive badges. 

Sidenote tough, the Steelbook has a very glossy front and it already has airline scratches :l. It doesnt bother me at all, since its unscathed from dents and alike, but i suppose it loses a little value after those small scratches appear. Microfiber clothes cant clean it out and im not secure onto using gap filling wax in there, which works on cars, but those have clearcoating and the steelbook does not :(. Guess i just gotta leave it like that and protect it from further damage. Its only visible on direct light and from a certain angle shift, not direct ilumination tough :p. I left snugged within a cotton towel and even so, it made those hairline scratches O-o! I suppose the inner lining is somewhat rough, hence the light scratches. Im sad :P.

Thats unfortunate that it got scratched a little but like you said at least it's not more serious damage.  

I think the most important thing is that the game itself is undamaged and plays without any problems.  If you worry too much about minor damage to game cases you'll just stress yourself out and it'll distract you from enjoying the game.  

Have fun playing Moon and try not to worry about the case.  ? 

29 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Was pondering should I spend $5 on the After Dark DLC in Cities Skylines. Then this picture help me make my decision.

The screenshot is from Steam. Bus driving over grass cause no drive way. Buy!

How does the picture help you?

So you got the dlc?  What does it do?

What do you do in Cities Skylines?    Is it similar to Simcity?

15 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is Half Life 1 any good?  I've only ever played 2 and the episodes.

I actually just got HL2 and both episodes on Steam today.  Still pissed the promised episode 3 seems to have never happened.  Fans really got screwed on that am I right?  ?

I still need to finish Portal 2.  It's good but I think I'd gotten stuck.  ?

I really want a nice keyboard and mouse to replace the cheap keyboard and mouse I have now.

I know I want a Logitech g502 mouse but I have no ideas about a keyboard.  I'm at least pretty sure I want Cherry mx brown switches in it since they aren't supposed to be loud yet still have the tactile sensation so you know you pressed a key properly with a nice medium actuation force.

Also we don't mind your feet.  No worries.  ?

G402 is pretty good

I prefer it over Rival 100 (have both G402 is mt daily driver and rival is my back up)

16 hours ago, demonix00 said:

IMG_20161128_144858_zps5wzgkvwd.jpg

A gaming keyboard from a no name brand that is exclusive to the place I got it from (and yes, I did seem to include my feet in that photo).

IMG_20161128_144917_zpsfbcdkg4w.jpg

And a steelseries rival 100 mouse since I needed to replace the generic pile of garbage that came with the computer I purchased a few months back (with added feet).

you just fueled someones Foot/hardware fetish :P

Steelseries Apex M800 (my first Mech keyboard) Will upload pics once i Get it outside the shipping box

6 minutes ago, Scitesh said:

G402 is pretty good

I prefer it over Rival 100 (have both G402 is mt daily driver and rival is my back up)

you just fueled someones Foot/hardware fetish :P

I was actually leaning towards a 502 because I think I'd like the shape better.

But thank you for the suggestion.  It's a keyboard with Cherry mx brown switches that I'm trying to pick out though.

br1500g.jpg

There goes my pay check

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

3 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I was actually leaning towards a 502 because I think I'd like the shape better.

But thank you for the suggestion.  It's a keyboard with Cherry mx brown switches that I'm trying to pick out though.

G502 wasnt available in India while I was purchasing The mice . If i was to buy a new Mice it would probably be Asus Gladius ( Me:Avg FPS gamer)

6 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

How does the picture help you?

So you got the dlc?  What does it do?

What do you do in Cities Skylines?    Is it similar to Simcity?

It helped me cause, in real life, no way a bus will just driver over grass to exit the terminal. And the DLC adds this

• Criminals will now be taken to Prison from Police buildings.
  • Taxi service will help citizens and tourists travel around the city.
  • Cargo hubs are harbors that accept cargo trains straight to the terminal.
  • International airport is a huge airport, allowing much more traffic than the previous airport and has a metro station attached to it.
  • Bus terminal allows citizens to transfer to other bus lines in the terminal building.
  • New transportation options: Bikes and dedicated bike lanes and bike ways let citizens opt for a faster alternative to walking. Bus lanes can be used to help the public transportation run smoother.

The last time I played SimCity was like 10+ years ago for like 5 minutes and that was it. Don't know how SimCity works, but I assume they are similar. The game is on sale for $7.49 standard and $9.99 for Deluxe. Which you get a digital artbook, soundtrack, and some unique buildings.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

16 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is Half Life 1 any good?  I've only ever played 2 and the episodes.

It's awesome! The graphics are shit by todays standard, of course, but the gameplay-wise it was a gamechanger back in the day. If you liked HL2, you'll like HL1 as well. If you want the better graphics and physics, get "Black Mesa" - a remake of the game on the new source engine (though that one still lacks the last level - Xen - and the final boss fight, which is said to be delivered in early 2017.

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

3 250GB Samsung 850 Evos for $63/ea, it's a pretty good deal considering the cheapest full price is around $95 here. I've placed the order however I'm not 100% sure it's gonna come through since it's still on "checking stocks" status.

6 hours ago, XenosTech said:

There goes my pay check

Cool.  I need to get one of those.  Our power doesn't go out often but usually briefly at a few scattered times each year so having a battery backup would be helpful.  That is what this is right?

6 hours ago, Scitesh said:

G502 wasnt available in India while I was purchasing The mice . If i was to buy a new Mice it would probably be Asus Gladius ( Me:Avg FPS gamer)

Is there something that ASUS mouse does better?

5 hours ago, NumLock21 said:

Snip

I'll have to take a look at it.  Though I did buy a bunch of other things so I probably wouldn't get Cities right away.  

5 hours ago, Speakerator said:

It's awesome! The graphics are shit by todays standard, of course, but the gameplay-wise it was a gamechanger back in the day. If you liked HL2, you'll like HL1 as well. If you want the better graphics and physics, get "Black Mesa" - a remake of the game on the new source engine (though that one still lacks the last level - Xen - and the final boss fight, which is said to be delivered in early 2017.

Is that Black Mesa an official remake or a fan thing?  Just curious.  

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Cool.  I need to get one of those.  Our power doesn't go out often but usually briefly at a few scattered times each year so having a battery backup would be helpful.  That is what this is right?

yup... my power doesn't go out often either but it's never a bad thing having one around either.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Spyro: Year of the Dragon (PSX).

Great condition with perfect book. Found it on a yard sale and got it for $2. :P

12 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Amazon was quick, ordered on saturday and got it today!!!

Total cost when the MIR gets here: $10 CAD :D (I paid $25 including everything and the MIR is $15)

Devastator II? Wow...I wonder what the differences are from the first one.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Well I don't feel like taking pics right now, but I bought some stuff to finish off my FreeNAS build, got the CPU, Motherboard, and RAM. Also got MGS for PS4, a 64GB microSD for my phone, along with TitanFall2, Battlefield 1, and a PS4 controller

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

Untitled.png

-Never tried Aerocool stuff before, but reviews for this case have been solid so far, so I caved. (My Antec 900 is getting a bit worn down)

-The extended mouse pad isn't for my mouse (using a MM300 Extended), but to line the upper part of my desk so my speakers, volume controls, USB hub don't slide around as easily.

...and Shantae because Shantae is love, Shantae is life. :D