Show off your latest purchases

Got back from Bristol and this lovely package arrived. 

yqMYtRF.jpg

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

On 2/28/2016 at 9:31 PM, Albatross said:

EDIT

Oh wow. Not even my PSX digital games carry over to the PS4? Wha...you know what, screw you Sony. That is so fucked up. I had a huge library of PSX games and now I'm expected to buy them all again digitally on the same account?

Hell no.

Welcome to modern console gaming, give us your money or fuck you :D 

Oh, you also wanna transfer your library over? lol screw you buy them again why should we let you do things that make sense

Rise of the tomb raider retail plus a Caesar salad with fried morney fish in cream cheese and lemon sauce!

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

Accessories!

UsSItXm.png 

I needed a 4 pin CPU extension cable because my old board was 2 x 8 pin, new one is 8 + 4 pin, but it was an add on item. I already had the wall charger waiting in my basket, but that alone wasnt enough for the cable - minimum £10 spend needed. So I thought I'd replace my boring grey exhaust fan with a matching red led one ... but that alone wasnt enough either because it needed to be £10 before vat, so I went and bought all the accessories.

Now I also have the three 140 mm grey fans that came with my case to sell as well.

Also my 5820k is OCing poorly / system freezing for ages at stock clocks, hence I needed the extra 4 pin cable. If its still bad after that I'll have to RMA it.

Linus is my fetish.

12 hours ago, Daring said:

Welcome to modern console gaming, give us your money or fuck you :D 

Oh, you also wanna transfer your library over? lol screw you buy them again why should we let you do things that make sense

I could understand PS3 games, but PSX digital that you can still actually access and play? They really are all about the $$$ now. -_-

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Also I remembered to issue an RMA for my dead Antec HCP 1300w PSU. It died within a few months of use, likely due to not properly plugging in the the mobo power cable into the PSU (as it also needed 4 or 6 extra pins of power, but I cant remember if I also plugged that in).

Antec support mentioned that, but they also said it wouldnt have even lasted a few months if it wasnt correctly plugged in so I dont know what went wrong. I didnt RMA it before because I had my previous XFX 850w black edition I've been using since, and the Antec PSU had a 7 year warranty anyway, but now I need it replaced to diagnose my CPU problems (I only bought the 1300w HCP because it was on offer for £150, after being replaced I might just sell it for £200 and buy an EVGA 1000w 80 plus titanium which will be much better for my needs).

I sent a ticket to scan mentioning that my CPU was causing lock ups at stock settings / OCing poorly (wont even run stable at 4.4 Ghz 1.36v, compared to my previous I7 980 that did 4.38 Ghz 1.35v 24/7). So its not an adequate upgrade, and freezing at stock speed anyway. But I told them I'd like to wait until I get my Antec PSU replaced to make sure its not because my older XFX isnt good enough.

Also Im now looking for the latest bios for my motherboard too, that could also be the problem.

Linus is my fetish.

Well I've already gone and ordered a 1000w EVGA Supernova T2 titanium PSU, and will just sell my Antec one after its been replaced.

I cant be asked waiting until after its replaced, installing it to try, then removing it to sell. I also liked that it has a 10 year warranty on the EVGA one.

My savings are completely destroyed yay, but I have loads of hardware to sell so it doesnt matter. Wont be able to upgrade to Pascal until after I'm done selling everything.

They were £190 for 850w, or £220 for 1000w, and I needed the 1000w one to allow future upgrading to tri SLI. I wont ever want or need quad so my 1300w Antec was overspecified anyway.

Linus is my fetish.

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 11:40 PM, vetali said:

--snip--

Now just give me overwatch beta pls blizzard. 

What's the color reproduction like on that? I wouldn't mind a central g-sync 144Hz panel to go inbetween my 2 60Hz IPS ultrasharps.

duc sequere aut de via decede

CPU: i7 6800K | Mobo: MSI X99 Gaming Pro Carbon | GPU: SLI EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper | PSU: EVGA 1000P2 | Memory: 64 DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum | Storage: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 & Samsung 850 Evo 1TB| Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 | Display: Predator X34 & Dell U2715H | Cooling: Custom Loop

Custom hard line watercooled Fractal Node 202 ITX build log

52 minutes ago, SonoDanshi said:

What's the color reproduction like on that? I wouldn't mind a central g-sync 144Hz panel to go inbetween my 2 60Hz IPS ultrasharps.

Its about the best you can get before hopping to IPS. I still need to do some tweaking to the colors but I haven't had much time. The viewing angles are pretty good, very little if no backlight bleed. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Just got these 

56d733e7eccaf_2016-03-0219.39.43.thumb.j

One is a CD by a local black metal band called Plage (check them out if you like orthodox black metal) and Sukeban Boy on DVD. 

I can't really explain what the movie is about, so here is the back of the DVD.

56d7344a79d88_2016-02-2319.30.30.thumb.j

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

3 hours ago, Volbet said:

56d7344a79d88_2016-02-2319.30.30.thumb.j

giphy.gif

"We cannot change the cards we're dealt - just how we play the hand" - R. Pausch

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X , Cooler: BeQuiet Dark Rock 3 Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Titanium RAM: 16 GB Corsair LPX 3200 GPU: EVGA RTX2070 XC Storage: Adata 120GB SSD, SanDisk 1TB SDD, 2TB WD GreenHDD Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C PSU: EVGA Supernova 650GS Peripherals: Master Keys Pro S, Logitech G402 Audio: Schiit Fulla 2 + Sennheiser HD 650. Laptop: Asus Zenbook UX 302

x444Pjf.jpg

Was missing these copies in my collection (misplaced during my move or damaged). Now gonna re-read the series. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

I gots me a new HDD that will soon be full. Its one of those new WD "Blue" drives that is actually a Green :P   https://goo.gl/MTEyp3

Squad!

header.jpg?t=1456440111

It is so hard/realistic...but yet it is so much fun. :x

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

2 minutes ago, Albatross said:

Squad!

It is so hard/realistic...but yet it is so much fun. :x

Worth it at $40? Or wait for sale?

3 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Worth it at $40? Or wait for sale?

Well the performance and quality it has as an alpha is outstanding, and the community is incredible (and I thought AA:PG was the best it could get, but these Squad guys know their stuff and they friendly). The development team is responsive to feedback from their audience, active on their forums and pushing out updates with hard effort put behind them. That itself should deserve some $$$. :P

But if you like FPS games that aren't run-and-gun but far more tactical and skillful, like (not-so but really so) requiring a commander and squad leader to direct teammates to do objectives, then this is the FPS for you. If you haven't already, you should check out Project Reality and determine if that sort of thing is worth the sale wait or the full price. But personally? I say yes, it is worth every penny. And before I bought Squad, I played Project Reality thinking it would be something to wait on—glad it turned out the other way. :)

1 minute ago, Albatross said:

Awesome. I have a hard time looking at shooters nowadays, there's a ton of generic garbage out there. I'll take a closer look at this. Thanks!

Oh dear god 50 v 50. YES PLEASE. 

Kinda reminds me of BF1942 from what I'm seeing.

3 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Awesome. I have a hard time looking at shooters nowadays, there's a ton of generic garbage out there. I'll take a closer look at this. Thanks!

Oh dear god 50 v 50. YES PLEASE. 

Kinda reminds me of BF1942 from what I'm seeing.

The same for me. It is what drew me toward AA:PG and expand from there. I used to really love BF3/4 but it became so boring and skillless fast. But in Squad, the action is intense with 50v50 players. My last match I was rushing a hillside with my squad to take control of one of the enemy objectives when we made contact with two enemy squads looking to ambush us. There was a shower of bullets, rockets, grenades (a few dead medics) and commands shouted across the radio that made everything so hectic. But yet it was amazing. :x

If it reminds you of BF1942, I think it should. They made the PR Mod that was inspired by that game, I do believe. Maybe I have the BFs mixed up...hmmm.

:ph34r:

EDIT

This is the kind of talk that commonly takes place in Squad between...well squads lol.

My new PSU to replace my dead Antec HCP arrived, and that also got picked up for RMA (and I'll sell the replacement):

aDO65MZ.jpg 

This ones perfect, titanium rated and 10 year warranty. The antec had 7 year but was platinum and far too overspecced (1300w one, bought it ages ago because £150 one day only offer).

Linus is my fetish.

On 2/25/2016 at 5:28 PM, Albatross said:

Finally had the extra dough and got a PS4....the Uncharted bundle! It will be here in 3-4 days, says Newegg. Ooooh....can't wait! :x

68-110-186-01.jpg

Getting ready for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us 2, Kingdom Hearts 3, FFVII remake (really V-VI and XII's remakes) and of course other games. :P

edit

oh, got the 3 year replacement plan too ($55)...though it doesn't tell you how to activate it or anything. lol

Thanks for the suggestion!

If I could just find a battery with the clips on them, I wouldn't even have to do this. lol if used fails me, I'll get the Hori Gempad. Looks interesting anyways. 

BUY INFAMOUS AND THE LAST OF US ( if you haven't played last of us on PS3 )

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650