Show off your latest purchases

1 hour ago, ionbasa said:

As for the fans/heat sinks: this revision has SLA (Sealed Lead Acid) batteries (4 batteries in series) like the majority of UPSes on the market today, the next revision which eaton just released this year are Li-Ion and are selling for $1100+. One benefit of the Li-Ion model is that for the same VA/Power output, you can go from a 2U (the size I have) to a 1U rack spacing which is incredible. It saves so much space on the rack and they are lighter weight. 

I've attached some photos if your curious, but the fans only service the transformer and FET/PWM drivers. So only the electronics need active cooling as the drivers are switching on/off at a rapid rate to convert DC from the batteries to AC 120V 60Hz. I am currently running a discharge test running my modem/router/WiFi AP. The fans settle down considerably once the battery bank is charged past 95% so it isn't to bothersome for me as the UPS will mostly be at full capacity with only occasional use. The area im living in tends to get brownouts/short blackouts that tend to be weather related (snow)

I am thinking of getting another unit to power my fish tank pump and tank heater. 

I see much opportinuity to duct air for MUCH better cooling of those components, but if the fan is controlled by charge percent and not actual component temp then it won't really matter except maybe extended the life of the unit or adding more capacity to it later on (chaining on more batteries because why not)

3 minutes ago, Bitter said:

I see much opportinuity to duct air for MUCH better cooling of those components, but if the fan is controlled by charge percent and not actual component temp then it won't really matter except maybe extended the life of the unit or adding more capacity to it later on (chaining on more batteries because why not)

Some variants do support external batteries. Eaton uses a semi-proprietary connector which is touch safe to prevent shorting or shocking yourself. They resemble Anderson Din/Euro connectors IE: https://www.andersonpower.com/us/en/resources/EBCResourcesPage.html

Ducting would only do so much. There is a sheet metal insert separating the front of the battery module and the switching components, effectively creating a semi-duct.. The fan control may be a mix of temp and charge percentage. It's hard to tell this early on, but the AC to DC Inverter to charge the batteries probably get the most hot when at less than 80% and start to ramp down between 80 to 95%, see the attached graph: 
XdOjE.gif

This charge curve is usual for 12-14v lead acid batteries. A few variants or other methods exist, but I'm suspicious that this is the curve that the Eaton UPS uses based on correlating the cooling fan rate and the charge percentage. 

Tripp Lite makes Inverts/Chargers for use with your own external batteries: https://www.tripplite.com/products/power-inverters-inverter-chargers~18-76
Older models tend to pop up on ebay/craigslist every so often, ranging from 12-48V DC and 1000-6000VA at 120 -208/240V.

I've considered making my own portable "power station" with one of those and making my own cart with 10" wheels, and either lithium batteries or lead acid for use when camping or when you need AC power in remote locations. They tend to use something similar in hospital environments to power medial equipment on the portable racks.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

3 hours ago, AntDeGamer said:

Got A New Cpu Finally

JPEG_20191221_231832.jpg

Nice. Which model?

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Ouch, my wallet. Just spent $35 on @pinksnowbirdie because he wanted Steam cash. Don't mind it, though; definitely worth it. AND I got the animated profile to boot!

ES3Ai.png

Trust me, I'm trying hard to not look at my bank account.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

8 hours ago, handymanshandle said:

Ouch, my wallet. Just spent $35 on @pinksnowbirdie because he wanted Steam cash. Don't mind it, though; definitely worth it. AND I got the animated profile to boot!

ES3Ai.png

Trust me, I'm trying hard to not look at my bank account.

yez well it's a good early christmas gift :^) ?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Well, Just moved house, and the S/O and I wanted a smexy audio setup for the living room/TV room, so had to get pretty speakers, an integrated amplifier (not complaining, hegel makes great stuff) and cables. Also need to buy a TV, a 42" is just too small for the room.

image.png.8fc15d1a0ddd4c5b30fcb7a81eb5dfdb.png

And god damn aren't the speakers damn good looking, I've already seen them in person at my local RicherSounds, and the gloss rosewood is just stunning.

image.png.8e366b428d8a4d4a6d0c9b7f9e0eee77.png

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

2 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Well, Just moved house, and the S/O and I wanted a smexy audio setup for the living room/TV room, so had to get pretty speakers, an integrated amplifier (not complaining, hegel makes great stuff) and cables. Also need to buy a TV, a 42" is just too small for the room.

Must feel nice to be so rich, no hard feelings, just greener than the Hulk with envy. Either way, I find it ridiculous and funny to still ask for 20 dollar shipping on stuff that costs so much :P 

3 hours ago, Derkoli said:

And god damn aren't the speakers damn good looking, I've already seen them in person at my local RicherSounds, and the gloss rosewood is just stunning.

Those speakers are gorgeous. 

If you're in the market for a TV I would highly suggest a LG OLED. I have the 2018/2019 LG OLED55E8. It's a 55" model. The E series would fit in nicely if you like glass. It has a glass frame on the bottom edge and all along the back. It's essentially a OLED panel with a glass backing. If you're interested in seeing close up photos from my living room and of the TV let me know. The new late 2019 models support eARC for dolby atmos passthrough from the built in TV apps, along with VRR over HDMI. Its a 120Hz panel at 4k also, mine will only do 120Hz at 1080p.

https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED65E9PUA-oled-4k-tv

You can get great discounts right now on the 2018 model if you don't need eARC, VRR, 120Hz native 4k. I've had mine since August and can't go back to any other form of TVs (Other than CRT and Plasma). If you do go down the LG OLED route I would also highly recommend getting it calibrated for SDR content. I haven't done it yet on mine, but there are a handful of professionals who offer those services.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Picked up these small Doppler radar modules

20191222160129_IMG_0833.thumb.jpg.58e7151be7752e53430e880cfae4e948.jpg

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

1 hour ago, ionbasa said:

Those speakers are gorgeous. 

If you're in the market for a TV I would highly suggest a LG OLED. I have the 2018/2019 LG OLED55E8. It's a 55" model. The E series would fit in nicely if you like glass. It has a glass frame on the bottom edge and all along the back. It's essentially a OLED panel with a glass backing. If you're interested in seeing close up photos from my living room and of the TV let me know. The new late 2019 models support eARC for dolby atmos passthrough from the built in TV apps, along with VRR over HDMI. Its a 120Hz panel at 4k also, mine will only do 120Hz at 1080p.

https://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-OLED65E9PUA-oled-4k-tv

You can get great discounts right now on the 2018 model if you don't need eARC, VRR, 120Hz native 4k. I've had mine since August and can't go back to any other form of TVs (Other than CRT and Plasma). If you do go down the LG OLED route I would also highly recommend getting it calibrated for SDR content. I haven't done it yet on mine, but there are a handful of professionals who offer those services.

Was looking at LG, my current TV is an LG, lasted ages, still going well. Would love to try an OLED, I think they have that model at RicherSounds if I believe.

And the speakers are absolutely better looking in person, the rosewood is really "smooth" looking but has nice definition, also a nice height, sound wonderful aswell from the small demo I had when they were powered with a Cambridge Audio EDGE A I believe it was.

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

2 hours ago, Ergroilnin said:

Must feel nice to be so rich, no hard feelings, just greener than the Hulk with envy. Either way, I find it ridiculous and funny to still ask for 20 dollar shipping on stuff that costs so much :P 

It is silly, but the company I purchased it from must have very high costs, but it is still silly. Their headquarters are stunning. But I've purchased alot of gear from them, Including my KEF's I'm using for multi-room audio, and my main speakers.

For anyone who's wondering: https://www.analogueseduction.net/

The funny thing is, I've been in the computer world for a very long time, and I've never seen prices for SSDs (EDIT: I mean Storage devices)  "crash" this fast.

Not 6 months ago, the drive I paid ~30$ for was over 100$. 

I'm actually having a hard time justifying to myself upgrading again when the 512GB SSD I have is only 1/4 full, but I can't envision these prices staying down this low for long, sooner or later makers are either going to bottom out, or go bankrupt entirely...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Picked up a 9900K on sale for the holidays at Best Buy. Got it for $439.99! It went on sale to $489.99 and I had $50 off in rewards points saved up. I was thinking about going Ryzen but I mainly use my PC for gaming and my build was already on the Z390 platform. I can resell my 8700K for around $300 to $315 to recoup some of the cost too.

20191218_163906.jpg

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

Decided to nab "Cola" on vinyl, I love this song, and it came with three remixes, quite expensive though.

IMG_4232_EDIT1.thumb.jpg.8a5307e503ed8140b9c36488fafc1d85.jpg

8 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Picked up a 9900K on sale for the holidays at Best Buy. Got it for $439.99! It went on sale to $489.99 and I had $50 off in rewards points saved up. I was thinking about going Ryzen but I mainly use my PC for gaming and my build was already on the Z390 platform. I can resell my 8700K for around $300 to $315 to recoup some of the cost too.

Im more of a Ryzen person but if I was in your spot I would have done the exact same thing. Realistically if you get $300 for your 8700k than you got a 9900k for $139.99, thats stellar

11 hours ago, Ravendarat said:

Im more of a Ryzen person but if I was in your spot I would have done the exact same thing. Realistically if you get $300 for your 8700k than you got a 9900k for $139.99, thats stellar

Yeah it came close to me just doing a complete platform upgrade to Ryzen, but I already have a nice Z390 motherboard and my rig is 95% used for gaming. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |