Show off your latest purchases

13 hours ago, Sousuke said:

I'm an Apple nerd, got to admit, I have pre-ordered or lined up for about 5 iPhones now ... first was the iPhone 4 ... still think that phone was amazing! 

No, I just don't particularly like apple. And I feel that the price of that overly expensive phone isn't even worth what you can get with that money instead. If you feel like it's it worth it ( and you did cause you pre ordered it correct? ) go right ahead. I suppose your choice in phones is subjective and in your case is apple.

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com

I just got a 10 or 12 year old Dell Inspiron 6400. Real beauty this one is. Top-of-the-line Core Duo, 120GB hard drive and 2GB of DDR2 RAM, that ran Windows Vista (but now runs Linux Mint).

Why did I buy it? Well, for one, I'm into buying random junk computers that no one else needs or wants, and secondly, I wanted a knock-around to bring to work with me, instead of risking my MacBook Pro.

I have no signature. There is nothing to see here. Move along.

Component cable for my PS2 finally arrived, hoorah for no more shitty video on old consoles. Unsurprisingly, it's the same cable as the one for my Xbox but with the PS1/2/3 connector. Now all that's left to do for my old console video setup is some 6ft component and audio cables and a video switch since my 5 foot cables aren't long enough and using a composite switch just for video with adapters on the audio cable is a pain.

IMG_20180917_144258.jpg

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Logitech G403 wired just arrived(feat my Paralyzed Veterans of America mousepad).

20180919_171917.thumb.jpg.195fee63a3263e2d7f121944b9249823.jpg

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Spoiler

20180919_111633.thumb.jpg.5b8f6609e3654d0d27da3220aa490824.jpg

Hell. Yes.

Also got the iFixit Manta driver kit, 1/4 inch handle is great and I like the selection of bits but I haven't tested how durable they are yet. Here's hoping the long necks aren't the only change.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

image1.thumb.jpg.771405c187dbf66c5be189b719c15a4d.jpg

4 more Corsair HD120s.

image.thumb.png.681393b8917c0255f99b7617d0d07e86.png

Massdrop Blue Titanium AAA Flashlight

On 9/21/2018 at 8:10 PM, Magnetorheological said:

-pics-

Bought these as a birthday present to myself. I couldn't decide on which color, so I lost my mind and got both (Black one is US market, and Blue one is Japan market). They were pretty damn expensive too for decade old hardware lol

Happy belated birthday. How old?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

HOMIE WE'RE ON A T-SHIRT, THIS IS THE FINAL STRAW OUR MARRIAGE IS RUINED

image0.jpg

Anyone who knows me knows that I like The Simpsons, and well, if you don't and you saw my username, then I can't help you.

I got this shirt for $10.

Also, blood stains on a blanket. That's what happens when acne on your body takes a toll. Don't worry it's been washed.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

blood stains on a blanket. That's what happens when acne on your body takes a toll. Don't worry it's been washed.

Interesting, I've had a lot of blood on my sheets and it never stained. I guess you can't really anticipate when the old vessel leaks heh

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

13 hours ago, aki adaki said:

Interesting, I've had a lot of blood on my sheets and it never stained. I guess you can't really anticipate when the old vessel leaks heh

It depends how you wash blood stains. The sooner you wash them, the better. Wetting with water, then blotting will remove the worst of the blood. Wash only in cold water; washing in hot water will set the stain. Pretreating a blood stain with a laundry pretreatment like Shout or with a paste made from meat tenderizer before washing will help prevent blood stains from getting set into the fabric when washing and drying.

Edited by Lady Fitzgerald
correct typos

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Ordered an office chair from Taobao (Chinese website for buying stuff online owned by Alibaba) 

It's about $100.

The reason I got one was that the chair I currently have has a broken left armrest and lacks head support. This one does have an adjustable headrest and as a bonus, even has the ability to fully recline with a retractable legrest. 

It's currently being shipped out from a facility in China. Should be here in a couple of days. 

SmartSelect_20180924-140741_Google.jpg

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

21 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Ordered an office chair from Taobao (Chinese website for buying stuff online owned by Alibaba) 

It's about $100.

The reason I got one was that the chair I currently have has a broken left armrest and lacks head support. This one does have an adjustable headrest and as a bonus, even has the ability to fully recline with a retractable legrest. 

It's currently being shipped out from a facility in China. Should be here in a couple of days. 

SmartSelect_20180924-140741_Google.jpg

I'm looking for something similar only I want the foot rest to flip up automatically instead of having to horse around with it when I sit backup. I'm reluctant to buy a chair online unless I've had the opportunity to try one out first to make sure it is comfortable for even my old carcass.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

1 minute ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I'm looking for something similar only I want the foot rest to flip up automatically instead of having to horse around with it when I sit backup. I'm reluctant to buy a chair online unless I've had the opportunity to try one out first to make sure it is comfortable for even my old carcass.

I actually did try the chair out before making the order. 

They were holding some sort of exhibit where you could try out the products, then buy it if you want to. 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

8 minutes ago, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

I actually did try the chair out before making the order. 

They were holding some sort of exhibit where you could try out the products, then buy it if you want to. 

Lucky you! I haven't found diddly poo locally, yet. Then again, I'm pretty darned particular.

Jeannie

Some canvas wall light just missing one house and t-shirts, posters, 2 statues  futaba persona 5, won the vegeta  on a raffle at madman festival 

IMG20180925020021.thumb.jpg.8354d083a0c13db560041755ad95f9fc.jpg

IMG20180916155216.thumb.jpg.5eca6506bc0930e4d12c075a1038f005.jpg

IMG20180918201301.thumb.jpg.b98ddf7476be0a280075b9216fdd90a0.jpg

IMG20180916155413.thumb.jpg.8b0c7e7975fde27833240cfa4bb6a06f.jpg

lives on

BAKABT

New phone, who dis!?

huawe_p10_prod_1-1500x1000.jpg?ver=1

Hako: Gigabyte z490i, i5-10400F@4.3GHz, 16GB LPX 3200MHz, Intel 7600p 1TB,  AMD RX6800

Stuff: Ducky One 2 MiNi, Xtrfy M4 Retro, Asus VG259Q

Phone: Google Pixel 3XL NoT P!nk

just grabbed a used R9 Nano. got it for 130$ + shpping. haggled it down from 250$ + shipping (unreasonable seller).

shortly after buying the seller dropped the listed pricing to 190$ a piece (he was selling 6 of them).

l_1232452980.jpg

still waiting for the card in shipping, but gonna be good