Show off your latest purchases

41 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Actually dual clutch transmissions are basically two 3 speed transmissions put together. Unlike traditional automatics that use multiple clutch packs to engage gears the dual clutch transmissions are built the same as manuals just the use selinoids or fluid to engage the two clutchs. It's a semi automatic (dual clutch) =/= the automatic you'll find in a standard car not even close.

Edit: not sure what your talking about with the headlights. After the warranty is up I'll be doing full bolt ons and a tune, new rims, carbon fiber front lip, rear diffuser, hood, spoiler, side skirts, and maybe some other stuff. Also had a Jetta with the tiptronic automatic way different. With DCT automatics your car will roll back because it doesn't engage the clutch all the time and doesn't use a torque converter like I mentioned. While traditional automatics have clutch packs inside it, they do not engage with the engine via a clutch pack but a torque converter. 

I was trying to keep it simple for him, and yes its a fantastic system till something goes wrong. 

Mk6 Heading:

5955a8b13e740_MK6lights.png.3baf2322bf2dd77fee9ae5bb482b9a67.png

MK7:

MK7.png.08b7394b79f5f447f53188fd4e993cc7.png

It most countries they don't bring in the "High" spec ones with all the bells and whistles, The tops pics have the normal Headlights fitting to all the Golf's of those Generations, the below are the "GTi" Headlights, and than the Golf R Also gets its own ones and same thing a lot of countries the R also comes with the normal ones. for the MK6 its Bi-Xenon, DRL's and the motors that turn the lights with the steering and all that stuff.   

haha Yeah, trust me you don't need to explain DSG/S-Tronic to me, I worked for Audi&VW Group for a few years, I've driven almost everything they have to offer, as I said was keeping it simple for the other guy. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

11 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

I was trying to keep it simple for him, and yes its a fantastic system till something goes wrong. 

Mk6 Heading:

5955a8b13e740_MK6lights.png.3baf2322bf2dd77fee9ae5bb482b9a67.png

MK7:

MK7.png.08b7394b79f5f447f53188fd4e993cc7.png

It most countries they don't bring in the "High" spec ones with all the bells and whistles, The tops pics have the normal Headlights fitting to all the Golf's of those Generations, the below are the "GTi" Headlights, and than the Golf R Also gets its own ones and same thing a lot of countries the R also comes with the normal ones. for the MK6 its Bi-Xenon, DRL's and the motors that turn the lights with the steering and all that stuff.   

haha Yeah, trust me you don't need to explain DSG/S-Tronic to me, I worked for Audi&VW Group for a few years, I've driven almost everything they have to offer, as I said was keeping it simple for the other guy. 

Actually the dsg is simpler mechanically then the regular automatic should be more reliable so that's good. Either way I have a 25k mile bumper to bumper warranty so I could care less. I have the normal lights. Though I plan on changing the rear and front lights anyway to better ones then factory just have to find one I like. So many mods so little time/money for them all.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

20170630_150520.thumb.jpg.d58dddaadec154d23f41005bcb538bc4.jpg

Finally I have Paranoid on vinyl.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

4 hours ago, GamingMemeKing said:

Hate incoming...

20170630_192102.jpg

(Also have a Asus Strix 1060 which will be used but not in photo. I'll also buy a 6th 1060 in 3 weeks time.)

wasnt gonna post this but now i have to

xi3TaOF5S5CwuAK0haK8_A.png

bonus bought this tv and kinda looks ridiculous by how big it is

sNFdioBmS1qhZUhHg4MtxA.png

JWzQCfjkSMCDTqjSSJaLDA.png

I am aware of my desk looking like a cluster fuck all thats missing is a shitbucket

1 hour ago, VenomZ_ said:

Naw I dont waste my time on that mining stuff. 

Then what are all those cards for?

11 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

So I got some fun stuff recently.

Computer parta, computer parts, phone accessory, WAFFLE MAKER!  ? lol

Now I want waffles.  >_>

Was getting a Ryzen 5 a cost saving choice or it's powerful enough for your needs that 7 would be more than you'd need?

Is that fan a good one (good airflow not too much noise at higher speeds) I'm not familiar with the brand?

Anyway, enjoy your new CPU and waffles.  ?  

(Just not at the same time because there's no method I'd trust to get syrup off a computer. ?)

I just got a few minor upgrades to my computer.  Replacing a 120GB Sandisk ssd with this 500GB 850 EVO to put games on and I'm hoping the larger 140mm fans that I'm replacing my 120mm intake fans with will help keep my 1080 ti cooler without as much noise.  ?

image.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Computer parta, computer parts, phone accessory, WAFFLE MAKER!  ? lol

Now I want waffles.  >_>

Was getting a Ryzen 5 a cost saving choice or it's powerful enough for your needs that 7 would be more than you'd need?

Is that fan a good one (good airflow not too much noise at higher speeds) I'm not familiar with the brand?

Anyway, enjoy your new CPU and waffles.  ?  

(Just not at the same time because there's no method I'd trust to get syrup off a computer. ?)

I accidentally broke my mom's waffle maker so I bought her a new one.

As for Ryzen 5.  I plan to mostly game, stream a few times with some friends, maybe start a YouTube channel.  Since gaming is my main focus, saw no need to spend the extra money on Ryzen 7.  Also, when it comes to the small amounts of video editing and streaming I'd do, Ryzen 5 will handle it just fine.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

IMG_20170630_132355_zpskuamrgl3.jpg

To put a break in all these computer parts, I got a new pair of trainers to replace those that have now become reverse sieves.

20 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

I accidentally broke my mom's waffle maker so I bought her a new one.

As for Ryzen 5.  I plan to mostly game, stream a few times with some friends, maybe start a YouTube channel.  Since gaming is my main focus, saw no need to spend the extra money on Ryzen 7.  Also, when it comes to the small amounts of video editing and streaming I'd do, Ryzen 5 will handle it just fine.

My mom doesn't have a waffle maker for me to break...  No waffles for me...  ? lol

That's nice of you to replace it for her.  

But with Ryzen's lower clock speed and IPC wouldn't a 7 be a better option?

Pretty sure the 7 CPUs have higher speeds.  Though I'd have to check to be sure.

Not that a 5 would be bad of course I'm sure what you got will still be a very nice upgrade for you.

(tbh I have no idea how Ryzen CPUs do for gaming aside from knowing Intel is still better due to the higher clock speeds and IPC)

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

My mom doesn't have a waffle maker for me to break...  No waffles for me...  ? lol

That's nice of you to replace it for her.  

But with Ryzen's lower clock speed and IPC wouldn't a 7 be a better option?

Pretty sure the 7 CPUs have higher speeds.  Though I'd have to check to be sure.

Not that a 5 would be bad of course I'm sure what you got will still be a very nice upgrade for you.

(tbh I have no idea how Ryzen CPUs do for gaming aside from knowing Intel is still better due to the higher clock speeds and IPC)

For just gaming, Ryzen 5 is the better option.  Also, here's some videos where Ryzen 5 CPUs are compared against several Intel CPUs

33 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

For just gaming, Ryzen 5 is the better option.  Also, here's some videos where Ryzen 5 CPUs are compared against several Intel CPUs

Looking at the top video (my attention span sucks too much atm to watch both) the 1500X was near the bottom of the results for the gaming tests...

The initial non-game tests showed the 1500X doing rather nicely vs the other CPUs tested though so it's better than my admittedly uninformed opinion.  

39 minutes ago, linkboy said:

And with this, my laptop is exactly where I want it. Upgraded from a Samsung 840 Evo 500GB drive (which I'm going to put into my girlfriend's mac mini).

I'd love a 1TB ssd but I settled for a 500GB since it's not the only ssd in my main desktop.   

Very nice purchase for you though.  I'm very jealous.  

Is an 840 much different from an 850?  

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Looking at the top video (my attention span sucks too much atm to watch both) the 1500X was near the bottom of the results for the gaming tests...

The initial non-game tests showed the 1500X doing rather nicely vs the other CPUs tested though so it's better than my admittedly uninformed opinion.  

The closest Intel competitor to the 1500X is the 7500, which the 1500X generally trades blows with, with it actually winning more benchmarks. (according to the video)

Not only that, I just bought my 1500X for $177 before shipping.  The 7500 is $187, before shipping.

The 1500X is unlocked, the 7500 isn't, so I can overclock the 1500X and get even better performance.

The Wraith Spire is actually a decent stock cooler that allows for modest overclocking.  Even if the 7500 was unlocked, you couldn't overclock on the stock cooler.

The 1500X not only has 4 cores, like the 7500, but it also has 8 threads, unlike the 7500.

Overall, Ryzen 5 is just a better deal right now.

1 hour ago, kaiju_wars said:

The closest Intel competitor to the 1500X is the 7500, which the 1500X generally trades blows with, with it actually winning more benchmarks. (according to the video)

Not only that, I just bought my 1500X for $177 before shipping.  The 7500 is $187, before shipping.

The 1500X is unlocked, the 7500 isn't, so I can overclock the 1500X and get even better performance.

The Wraith Spire is actually a decent stock cooler that allows for modest overclocking.  Even if the 7500 was unlocked, you couldn't overclock on the stock cooler.

The 1500X not only has 4 cores, like the 7500, but it also has 8 threads, unlike the 7500.

Overall, Ryzen 5 is just a better deal right now.

Sorry.  I feel like my comments are being interpreted as an attack against your choice which is not what I meant them to be.  

While out of the box it isn't the best for gaming you're right that is a better value it would cost a decent amount more to get an Intel CPU that would beat the 1500X by enough to be worth having instead of it.  

I would suggest getting a better cooler though.  Overclocking it will help squeeze extra performance and an aftermarket cooler will let you push the 1500X higher.  

Something like a Cryorig H7 would be perfect if you're looking for value.  It's like $35 and works great on my 6700K.  

Though you might have to contact Cryorig to get AM4 mounting hardware since Idk if they started including it with their coolers yet if they have plans to do so.

Again sorry if I offended you I wasn't meaning to do that.  ?

1 hour ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'd love a 1TB ssd but I settled for a 500GB since it's not the only ssd in my main desktop.   

Very nice purchase for you though.  I'm very jealous.  

Is an 840 much different from an 850?  

I'm noticing that my laptop is booting even faster. I was fine with my 500GB, but I'm getting out of the Air Force tomorrow and I got a nice separation bonus ($26,000), so the 850 Evo is a little gift to myself.

2 minutes ago, linkboy said:

I'm noticing that my laptop is booting even faster. I was fine with my 500GB, but I'm getting out of the Air Force tomorrow and I got a nice separation bonus ($26,000), so the 850 Evo is a little gift to myself.

$26,000 for leaving?    

What did you do that was so bad they're paying that much to go away?!  ?

(Kidding.  But that does seem rather nice for bye bye money.)

For a gift you could've gotten yourself a who new build with that kind of money.

Though saving it for a house or some big "adult" purchase is probably smarter I suppose.  

Anyway, congrats on the next phase of your life.  ?

11 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

$26,000 for leaving?    

What did you do that was so bad they're paying that much to go away?!  ?

(Kidding.  But that does seem rather nice for bye bye money.)

For a gift you could've gotten yourself a who new build with that kind of money.

Though saving it for a house or some big "adult" purchase is probably smarter I suppose.  

Anyway, congrats on the next phase of your life.  ?

It's more going towards bills (which I have to many off due to a failed marriage). I was in 11 years and was demoted for one two many PT failures, which put me over the time limit for the rank I had. Honestly, it's better in the long run, as I wasn't happy in the Air Force and it was impacting my life as a whole.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to starting school in the fall.

I'm happy with the computer I've got. I'm not one who needs a powerful machine, since all I'm using it for is school, light gaming and internet.

I guess this could also count this as a new purchase as well. A 2013 Focus.

FB_IMG_1498435656612.jpg

IMG_20170629_084338.jpg

IMG_20170629_084325.jpg

2L of Chocolate Milk and 2L of 1% Milk from Macs Milk.

$10 or so, didnt feel like ebiking down the hill to Sobeys for $3 savings.

10 hours ago, GamingMemeKing said:

Hate incoming...

(Also have a Asus Strix 1060 which will be used but not in photo. I'll also buy a 6th 1060 in 3 weeks time.)

So you're the bastard stealing all of the Gaming X 1060 6GB cards... :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

10 minutes ago, linkboy said:

It's more going towards bills (which I have to many off due to a failed marriage). I was in 11 years and was demoted for one two many PT failures, which put me over the time limit for the rank I had. Honestly, it's better in the long run, as I wasn't happy in the Air Force and it was impacting my life as a whole.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to starting school in the fall.

I'm happy with the computer I've got. I'm not one who needs a powerful machine, since all I'm using it for is school, light gaming and internet.

I guess this could also count this as a new purchase as well. A 2013 Focus.

PT?    They demoted you for not doing enough push-ups or something?  That's dumb of them.  

There's time limits for ranks?

Cool.  What will you be going to school for?

That car looks awesome.  I'm starting to look for a car myself and I really hope I find one that looks as nice as this.

I've mostly looked at Honda and Toyota because my parents (sort-of helping me look) say they're super reliable brands but honestly I'd love a ford like this.  My mom has a 2006 Ford Escape hybrid and I love it.  The seats are comfortable to me and the steering wheel materiel feels nice and let's you get a firm grip and overall the car feels nice to drive.  

I think a friend, possibly former friend since they've gone radio silent for a few months so idk what their deal is, had a Ford Focus and I really liked it.  

Though my parents have had bad experiences with fords so they're all like don't buy a ford.

Maybe I should buy a ford just to see hear an epic groan from my parents?  lol

Or would that be too mean?  ?