Show off your latest purchases

1 hour ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

And you're unknowingly showing me another reason to find a new, better paying job. So I can afford more records and music in general. 

While I would always advice getting a better paying job, I don't vinyl records should be the reason d'jure

Buy records is a never ending addiction that will always consume whatever income you have.

There's no difference between rich and poor. We all go to bed hungry.

But really, the records I buy aren't that expensive. 

The most expensive record in that bunch was £15. 

When you move into more underground artists and distros the prices are usually quite low. 

For example, I just bought two records from Merchants of Death (which is sketchy as fuck) for €10 each.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

3 minutes ago, Volbet said:

While I would always advice getting a better paying job, I don't vinyl records should be the reason d'jure

Buy records is a never ending addiction that will always consume whatever income you have.

There's no difference between rich and poor. We all go to bed hungry .

But really, the records I buy aren't that expensive. 

The most expensive record in that bunch was £15. 

When you move into more underground artists and distros the prices are usually quite low. 

For example, I just bought two records from Merchants of Death (which is sketchy as fuck) for €10 each.

Well, there's many reasons for searching for a better paying job, and especially one with more hours too. But, I also like to think of the leisure side of things too, and buying music is one of the things high on my personal lists. 

As for finding cheap records, anything above £10 at this moment in time is expensive for me, and to find records at that price or lower, I do have to travel, which negates the low costs. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

On 2017-4-23 at 9:54 AM, Bleedingyamato said:

I know people change hobbies sometimes but it always makes me sad when someone says they almost never game anymore...

happened to me a year ago. Today I sold the (almost) last part of my pc. 

Video games feels like a grind to me.... too much effort.. better sit back and watch stream, a.k.a seeing other people try to grind. LOL 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

On 2017-4-12 at 10:44 PM, tovleander said:

ro2tsEu.jpg

That sushi looks delicious af. 

16 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

That sushi looks delicious af. 

Fresh restaurant sushi, from Japan Sushi, Hamar (Norway). Was also cheaper than the one I could buy at the supermarket. 

Got myself a printer for 349NOK (40USD)

3k7DNDz.jpg?1

2 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

happened to me a year ago. Today I sold the (almost) last part of my pc. 

Video games feels like a grind to me.... too much effort.. better sit back and watch stream, a.k.a seeing other people try to grind. LOL 

I hope that never happens to me.  ?

Some games I don't like when they're too grindy but others it's fun to have a lot to do.  Like Breath of the Wild.  There's 120 shrines (sort of mini-dungeons) and I did them all.  It was a little tricky finding some of them but that's what guides are for.  lol

1 hour ago, tovleander said:

Fresh restaurant sushi, from Japan Sushi, Hamar (Norway). Was also cheaper than the one I could buy at the supermarket. 

Got myself a printer for 349NOK (40USD)

Yay wireless printing!  I don't print things often but it's great to be able to use my iPad and print with no cables or anything other than selecting print.  

36 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

There's 120 shrines (sort of mini-dungeons) and I did them all. 

AND YOU DONT FIND THAT A GRIND??????????????  For me it was like: oh, wow. so cool! nah, just gonna power off and watch stream, a.k.a other people trying to grind.... (mostly LOL)

But seriously though... I still remember when I was 16 , I sit infront of that stupid overheating 720p laptop of mine and play need for speed 8 hours a day, 7 days a week....

15 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

AND YOU DONT FIND THAT A GRIND??????????????  For me it was like: oh, wow. so cool! nah, just gonna power off and watch stream, a.k.a other people trying to grind.... (mostly LOL)

But seriously though... I still remember when I was 16 , I sit infront of that stupid overheating 720p laptop of mine and play need for speed 8 hours a day, 7 days a week....

A bit but trust me it's a lot more fun than you might think.  It's not grinding in the same way that fighting lots of enemies is.  It's a lot of exploring the game world and you stumble across a lot of them without meaning to so it's easy enough to find many of them.  

I used to play Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 on old Compaq laptop that doubled as a lap heater.  Does that count?  lol

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

A bit but trust me it's a lot more fun than you might think.  It's not grinding in the same way that fighting lots of enemies is.  It's a lot of exploring the game world and you stumble across a lot of them without meaning to so it's easy enough to find many of them.  

I used to play Command and Conquer Red Alert 2 on old Compaq laptop that doubled as a lap heater.  Does that count?  lol

haha thanks for trying to talk me back1 . xD 

I'm pretty happy with where I am right now. so. :D

IMG_20170508_141935_zpslpkva6u1.jpg

Another keyboard since I want enough available for my systems when (and if I ever) get to build them plus I want to have some spares if one breaks down and I have to send it back (plus I was having some minor issues with the vantar which made it not suitable for general use).

IMG_20170508_225230_zpsaau9eodi.jpg

And here's the monster all set up....

El Yucateco Sauce Habanero Green Hot (Pack of 4).

Not as tasty as regular sriracha but the heat is different. It's alright.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

1 hour ago, demonix00 said:

Another keyboard since I want enough available for my systems when (and if I ever) get to build them plus I want to have some spares if one breaks down and I have to send it back (plus I was having some minor issues with the vantar which made it not suitable for general use).

Fair warning: If you want to keep that glossy plastic looking remotely nice, use a nice microfiber towel. Like, a nice one. Otherwise it'll end up like mine with an assload of microscratches.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1 hour ago, demonix00 said:

IMG_20170508_225230_zpsaau9eodi.jpg

What's with the giant spacebar though?    I think I like it but I'm confused why it's that large.  

Idk if I posted this here, but I cancelled my order for my CPU, memory, motherboard and SSD with PC Case Gear, I reordered with MWave and Amazon US, the MWave stuff is currently at the Startrack depot for me to pickup, I think the amazon stuff should arrive today, but I am not 100% sure about that.

I have also ordered Minecraft: The Story of Mojang, C418's album One (MC:SoM Offical soundtrack), Kyell Gold's books Out of Position, Isolation Play and Divisions, (all as ebooks off Amazon) I'll order later books in that series when I have finished Divisions.

4 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

What kind of location do you live in (except Japan) where take out sushi looks 10 times better than what's served in restaurants in my area?

Exactly what I thought.... 

Im gonna go to a sushi joint tonight.... hell its gonna be expensive.... 

Got these lil bad boys today.20170508_203623.thumb.jpg.75f7b9c6808b46e0c753733e370abec9.jpg

Just wish one of them was the Exynos version.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

tZmL9s1.jpg

And there's loads of bollocks around. 

@Pandalf

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

4 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:
  1. Nice K70 :D
  2. Why 2 ?

The K70 LUX is nice, but if I build a Ryzen system, it'll probably be replaced by the K95 Platninum for my main build. The K70 will go to the Ryzen system.

And I got 2 because I have both a work and a business phone, and AT&T was doing a buy 1, get 1 free for DirectTV customers. The old work phone needed replaced, and I intended to replace the personal at some point, so 2 birds.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I bought a bag of lays potato chips plain from the vending machine

20 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What's with the giant spacebar though?    I think I like it but I'm confused why it's that large.  

It's so that the thumb can still reach it when using the WASD keys (because jump is bound to the space bar in most if not all fps games).

Linus did a video on that keyboard a few years ago.

And back on topic

IMG_20170509_145257_zps3l8zpl80.jpg

I received an unexpected shipping notification yesterday since this wasn't expected until next month (although I heard that releases being sent out around a month early is the norm for this distributor).

37 minutes ago, demonix00 said:

It's so that the thumb can still reach it when using the WASD keys (because jump is bound to the space bar in most if not all fps games).

Linus did a video on that keyboard a few years ago.

And back on topic

IMG_20170509_145257_zps3l8zpl80.jpg

I received an unexpected shipping notification yesterday since this wasn't expected until next month (although I heard that releases being sent out around a month early is the norm for this distributor).

Oh.  That sounds like a nice feature to have.  More so if you play lots of shooters.  

That's cool you got Sound of the Sky.  I have an older DVD release that I haven't gotten around to watching for the first time yet.  ?

Have you you see it before that maybe you could tell me how it is?

Where'd you order it from?

Got one of this for $20 bucks. 32GB @150MB/s read

sandisk_ultra_usb-c_678_678x452.jpg

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

2 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

150 Bytes/second ?!?!?!?! Do you mean MB/s by any chance ?

Yes it's MB/s

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I got some more cassette tapes today.

IMG_20170511_182706.thumb.jpg.6fcf683d3429086d84d9e5f54ed4b1e3.jpg
Top to bottom, left to right:
Requiem Aeternam, Tales of Old and The Forgotten Kingdom by Nazgal Dracul, Sabbat of Bahezaël by Perverted Ceremony and Horror of the Zombies and Ultimo Mondo Cannibale by Impetigo.

So, some Norwegian dungeon synth, some Belgian black/death and some American deathgrind. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes