Show off your latest purchases

1 hour ago, Kumaresh said:

It's nice to see a kid get genuinely interested in technology :D Always remember moderation through, I've seen far too many kids get hopelessly addicted to technology instead of productively utilizing it.

It has been great and a little bit of a problem at the same time. A few months ago Jaydon figured out, on his own, how to screen mirror his Android to the TV via the Roku. They screen mirror at his school so Jaydon played with his device until he figured it out. Jaydon loves to explore and learn all the different devices in the house. Besides the old Android phone he also plays with an iPad 3 and a iPod Touch. 

But at the same time he cannot seem to go 5 minutes without picking up a device. We sometimes have to put everything away for the day. At 6-years-old you can imagine, Jaydon can get upset. But luckily he gets over it quick and looks for something else to do. 

11 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Same.   Even a chance the screen could be scratched by the dock is too scary to risk.

I even got a little fan thing to blow air at my switch while docked to hopefully assist with cooling it.  

Idk if it helps or even matters but at least it makes me feel better.  

Hide contents

image.thumb.jpeg.c60540de6c068b28ffcf40f254d1e979.jpeg

Nice! I talked to a GameStop manager with a switch who I really trust and he said the bending thing definitely isn't caused by heat and told me to just keep the thing in the protective caring case when its not docked which I was going to anyway. Has not bent yet and seeing as the cooling is beefy on the switch and clocked lower than the sheild TV with the same SOC and similar cooling I think it should be fine ^^

ROG Strix AMD

---------------

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB DDR4 Storage: 512GB + 1TB Intel SSD

23 minutes ago, Magnetorheological said:

IMG_20170505_190431.thumb.jpg.fe18251a482598bfdf291a369ed14c10.jpg

That looks delish, I love Russian stuff, absolutely love it.

Is that alcoholic wobbly pop?

If so I will take 25 of them if they are 7%, more if they are 5%.

You think I am joking. Thats my blackout limit.

4 minutes ago, yathis said:

That looks delish, I love Russian stuff, absolutely love it.

Is that alcoholic wobbly pop?

If so I will take 25 of them if they are 7%, more if they are 5%.

You think I am joking. Thats my blackout limit.

Nope, Unfortunately, it's just regular soda and it's more American than Russian.

1 minute ago, Magnetorheological said:

Nope, Unfortunately, it's just regular soda and it's more American than Russian.

OK then I buy a 40 pounder of Smirnoff Vodka and reminiss. There was a sweet blonde russian woman at the bank today, her accent is getting better. Another lady that cut hair from Ukraine spoke very good english with a very slight accent and she was only her 6 years.

American propoganda portrays Russian woman as fat and ugly, but when I visited, fuck they are some of the hottest babes on Earth. Fuck I wanna go back.

12 hours ago, Renton577 said:

Nice! I talked to a GameStop manager with a switch who I really trust and he said the bending thing definitely isn't caused by heat and told me to just keep the thing in the protective caring case when its not docked which I was going to anyway. Has not bent yet and seeing as the cooling is beefy on the switch and clocked lower than the sheild TV with the same SOC and similar cooling I think it should be fine ^^

It does feel a little toasty even undocked so I'm not sure if I'd rule out heat as an issue but yeah using a case is a very good idea.  Besides you'd want one anyway to carry games and accessories.

What makes you say the cooling on the switch is "beefy"?    

I haven't looked into that myself so I'm curious.

I'm not too worried about the heat I guess and buying the USB fan thing was half to try it out because I'm considering getting one to put on my tv stand behind my PS3.  I recently noticed when my PS3 is running it gets rather warm behind it from all the hot air coming out the back into a semi-confined space.  Having a set of those small fans would hopefully help keep things cooler by moving the hot air away from the back of my PS3 faster.  

8 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

It does feel a little toasty even undocked so I'm not sure if I'd rule out heat as an issue but yeah using a case is a very good idea.  Besides you'd want one anyway to carry games and accessories.

What makes you say the cooling on the switch is "beefy"?    

I haven't looked into that myself so I'm curious.

I'm not too worried about the heat I guess and buying the USB fan thing was half to try it out because I'm considering getting one to put on my tv stand behind my PS3.  I recently noticed when my PS3 is running it gets rather warm behind it from all the hot air coming out the back into a semi-confined space.  Having a set of those small fans would hopefully help keep things cooler by moving the hot air away from the back of my PS3 faster.  

Honestly looking in the Switch, it does have a fair amount of cooling for the chip it uses.

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/kuGkQTMR6atCWRKt

On the PS3 note, if you can just make a hole behind it (I don't know what kind of stand it's in) and then push it back farther it'll be fine. Less noise and it'll work as well if not better.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

36 minutes ago, tmcclelland455 said:

Honestly looking in the Switch, it does have a fair amount of cooling for the chip it uses.

https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/kuGkQTMR6atCWRKt

On the PS3 note, if you can just make a hole behind it (I don't know what kind of stand it's in) and then push it back farther it'll be fine. Less noise and it'll work as well if not better.

I didn't know there was a fan in that thing.  I never put it close enough to my ear to notice.   ?

Good to know it's hopefully not an accident waiting to melt.  lol

It's a stand I got at Best Buy years ago so I'm not sure I trust to put holes in the back given the cheap construction/design of it.  

I appreciate the suggestion but I feel safer just getting a few small fans to use.  

34 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I didn't know there was a fan in that thing.  I never put it close enough to my ear to notice.   ?

Good to know it's hopefully not an accident waiting to melt.  lol

It's a stand I got at Best Buy years ago so I'm not sure I trust to put holes in the back given the cheap construction/design of it.  

I appreciate the suggestion but I feel safer just getting a few small fans to use.  

If it's just that thick cardboard shit or whatever, go ahead and do it. I did it to the one at my grandma's so that (oddly enough) our PS3 could breathe.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Picked up Nioh on sale. Cool game but I'm so used to the Dark Souls control scheme that I keep doing shit like pressing the dodge button for DS instead of the one Nioh uses. It's funny because the Dark Souls control scheme took me forever to be comfortable with when I first used it in Bloodborne. One of my early fuck ups with it made an enemy of a high level initially friendly NPC that kept kicking the shit out of me because I smashed her in the face with a molotov cocktail when I was trying to just talk to her. xD

5 minutes ago, VinZie said:

Uhhh just bought one of these.

http://www.red.com/saved_builds/qvrntxau

I'm kind of doubting that, although you could be serious. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

I'm kind of doubting that, although you could be serious. 

Maybe it's Linus' alter ego?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

1 minute ago, ONOTech said:

Just purchased a stand for my extra CPUs. Put it together about an hour ago

IMG_5189.thumb.JPG.c7c0ca514a0667242e2c156cd15e643b.JPG

Aren't you embarrassed about those stock coolers? 9_9

Just now, ONOTech said:

I needed space to fill and didn't want to throw them out :P May as well display them. Plus, it's interesting to see the visual differences between the two teams 

Smart man. Also, I like your videos. Didn't know you were a member of the forum!

On 2017-5-1 at 2:43 AM, spwath said:

Killer deal! 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

On 2017-4-28 at 0:02 AM, SeriouslyMikey said:

And finally, the mousepad has changed. From a QCK Heavy with corners missing and a peeling top, to a QCK XXL. 

STeel series had the best mouse and mousepad ever. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

I was actually holding out on posting here, since I have a lot of stuff in the mail.

But I decided to just seperate the all up.

Well, I've been feeding my addiction

Vinyl records

IMG_1152.thumb.JPG.63ae5bc08d06e4dbbbca5f908dd00916.JPG
From left to right, top to bottom
Odin by Wolfslair, Extinction Mass by Death Worship, Echoes from a Past Long Forgotten... by Warwulf, Totality by Rites of Thy Degringolade. Coronation by Katechon, Frykten og Mennesket by Helvetespine, Sadomatic Evil by Vomit Angel, Desecration of the Five Holy Pillars by Svolder, Kalk og Aske by Knokkelklang, Vermin and Ashes by Dwell, Elsker Beton by Daarlig Stemning and Aristocracy of Twilight by Blood Tyrant. 

Cassette tapes

IMG_1154.thumb.JPG.0381332329697728d0de4f4f8ea73b79.JPG
Left to right, top to bottom
Impaled Beneath the Pentagram by Blasphemonger, Gasmask Perpetrators by Barbaric Horde, Dissecting Your Reality by Grisetårar, Demo 1 by Carcass Toss, Demonic Art by Vomit Kult, Unholy Goat Metal - Demo 1 by Black Goat Attack, Veldborjar - At the Rising Dawn by Eternich, 714 by Faagia, Diary of Voices by Saudade,  Demo 1 by Perverted Ceremony and Døden Var Kun en Begyndelse... by Undergang. 

CD

IMG_1155.thumb.JPG.8281bd54700de91a60f9880aec932673.JPG
Wulfasa Kunja by Naudiz
Some pretty interesting Italien black metal. I got it as a free addin with an order, so I don't have any in-depth knowledge about this project, but I'm always intersted in an Italien band singing about Germanic mythology. 

Overall: A lot of extreme metal. Some of it black, some of it death and some of it goat.

And before anyone ask:, it is actual blood on the Wolfslair album. I don't know who's or what's blood it is, but it smells absolutely horrid.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

46 minutes ago, ONOTech said:

I also collect vinyls so this is a nice surprise. I'm hoping to order a few for my birthday in July. I also didn't know that cassette tapes could looks so cool! Do you get these from eBay as collectibles or are they actual vinyls from the artist site?

The blood adds to the aesthetic btw ;) 

It's nice to meet a fellow vinyl collector.

All the vinyl show in the picture were bought from various lables and distros. 

That's where I usually buy new records online.

Although, it does happen that I buy directly from the artist. Usually that happens through Bandcamp

It also somewhat depends on the release I'm wanting to buy. 

I still enjoy going to a physical store to buy my music (don't really know why), so if I'm after a more mainstream release I go to a local store.

I rarely buy records on eBay. Ever since the vinyl resurgence the sellers seem to have upped their prices massively.

I tend to favour Discogs when it comes to buying records used (or even new sometimes).

The sellers on Discogs usually keep their prices at a reasonable level and their grading system is more standardized than eBay's.

Cassette tapes can be quite cool. 

I usually buy them either becuase it's a cool collectiable or becuase it's the only physical way to buy an album.

For example, Milo's So the Flies Don't Come was only available on cassette for the longest time, so that's the format I have it on.

3 minutes ago, Kumaresh said:

It's probably pig's blood....

Maybe. 

However, it doesn't smell like pig's blood. Pig's blood smells a lot like human blood, and this lacks the distinct metallic smell of that. 

But it probably hasn't begun smelling better by being in a warehouse for 8 years, so it could be that the smell has just gone off.

2 hours ago, Volbet said:

I was actually holding out on posting here, since I have a lot of stuff in the mail.

But I decided to just seperate the it all up.

Well, I've been feeding my addiction

Vinyl records

Hide contents

IMG_1152.thumb.JPG.63ae5bc08d06e4dbbbca5f908dd00916.JPG
From left to right, top to bottom
Odin by Wolfslair, Extinction Mass by Death Worship, Echoes from a Past Long Forgotten... by Warwulf, Totality by Rites of Thy Degringolade. Coronation by Katechon, Frykten og Mennesket by Helvetespine, Sadomatic Evil by Vomit Angel, Desecration of the Five Holy Pillars by Svolder, Kalk og Aske by Knokkelklang, Vermin and Ashes by Dwell, Elsker Beton by Daarlig Stemning and Aristocracy of Twilight by Blood Tyrant. 

Cassette tapes

Hide contents

IMG_1154.thumb.JPG.0381332329697728d0de4f4f8ea73b79.JPG
Left to right, top to bottom
Impaled Beneath the Pentagram by Blasphemonger, Gasmask Perpetrators by Barbaric Horde, Dissection Your Reality by Grisetårar, Demo 1 by Carcass Toss, Demonic Art by Vomit Kult, Unholy Goat Metal - Demo 1 by Black Goat Attack, Veldborjar - At the Rising Dawn by Eternich, 714 by Faagia, Diary of Voices by Saudade,  Demo 1 by Perverted Ceremony and Døden Var Kun en Begyndelse... by Undergang. 

CD

Hide contents

IMG_1155.thumb.JPG.8281bd54700de91a60f9880aec932673.JPG
Wulfasa Kunja by Naudiz
Some pretty intersting Italien black metal. I got it as a free addin with an order, so I don't have any in-depth knowledge about this project, but I'm always intersted in an Italien band singing about Germanic mythology. 

Overall: A lot of extreme metal. Some of it black, some of it death and some of it goat.

And before anyone ask:, it is actual blood on the Wolfslair album. I don't know who's or what's blood it is, but it smells absolutely horrid.

And you're unknowingly showing me another reason to find a new, better paying job. So I can afford more records and music in general. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"