Crytek: new source of capital has secured its long-term future

Crytek has ended its steadfast silence regarding reports of financial trouble and dissatisfied employees that first came to light in June, when it was reported that the company was struggling to meet its payroll obligations. In a statement released today, it admitted that it hasn't done the best possible job of keeping staff apprised of its long-term plans, but says it has now "laid the foundation" that will secure Crytek's long-term future.

"In recent weeks, there have been repeated reports and rumors relating to financial problems at Crytek. Having already given an update to staff across all our studios, we are now in a position to share more details with members of the press and public.

Internally, we have acknowledged that the flow of information to employees has not been as good as it should have, however we hope you understand that communicating details of our plans publicly has not always been possible.

Like the games industry as a whole, Crytek has been in a transitional phase. Our evolution from a development studio to an Online-Publisher has required us to refocus our strategies. These challenges go along with an increased demand for capital which we have secured.

We can now concentrate on the long term strategic direction of Crytek and our core competencies. We kindly ask for your understanding, that we won't be communicating further details about our developments and progress."

Read more from the source: http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/25/crytek-says-new-source-of-capital-has-secured-its-long-term-future/

They are keeping the source of the income quiet though. Have any thoughts on that?

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

Probably private investors or something. Too bad this didn't happen before they had a bunch of people leave.

Keeping the source quiet just makes it sketchy to me.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

YAY! MORE GAMES I CANT RUN AT MAX SETTINGS!

Well it's not like more Cryses (is that the plural of Crysis) are coming out any time soon.

Agreed. Very sketchy.

How to Post Topics, the Right Way / The Ultimate Build Parts List

"4 words. DON'T BE A DUMBASS" ~@Swndlr

We will see what is going to happen in a near future: changes in CEO/CFO, exclusivity deals, etc.

If they plan to release another Xbox One exclusive I would say Microsoft - cause Crytek doesn't need more exclusives, they need a multiplatform win.

On the other hand Microsoft isn't very well with gaming.

... hl3 conffirmed?

... nope.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: Kingston HyperX Predator RGB 32 GB (4x8GB) DDR4 GPU: EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 SSD: ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB NVME | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 4TB | Seagate Barracuda 8TB Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P600S PSU: Corsair RM850x

I am a gamer, not because I don't have a life, but because I choose to have many.

Well it's not like more Cryses (is that the plural of Crysis) are coming out any time soon.

Either they make Crysis and make money or make awful games like Ryse and fail again.

Could it be... The German mafia!

Does Germany even have mafia?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Meh. Crytek's current business model seems to be based around creating a generic product in an over-saturated market. While their games have a bit more polish then some others, I doubt that's going to be enough to save them in the long term. Unless Crytek return to their old style of innovative gameplay and graphics technology as exibited by Far Cry and Crysis 1, I expect that they are just putting off the inevitable.  

Could it be... The German mafia!

Does Germany even have mafia?

10305033_396213270516866_568344219938754

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Meh. Crytek's current business model seems to be based around creating a generic product in an over-saturated market. While their games have a bit more polish then some others, I doubt that's going to be enough to save them in the long term. Unless Crytek return to their old style of innovative gameplay and graphics technology as exibited by Far Cry and Crysis 1, I expect that they are just putting off the inevitable.  

What exactly about Crysis 1's gameplay was remotely innovative? Outside of the suit everything was an advancement of what they did on Far Cry and the suit was just a way to implement super powers in the game. Crytek's business model is try to copy Epic without understanding why people license Unreal Engine. Crytek also vastly overstepped their bounds and went crazy with buying IPs, studios, and opening tons of offices around the world. Crytek has more studios then DICE or Bioware.

I'm going to say it, Crysis 4

:P

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Our evolution from a development studio to an Online-Publisher has required us to refocus our strategies

Wait what? WHat exactly do they mean by online publisher? Are they dropping EA and origin? Are they stopping development of games all together? Huh?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

"In recent weeks, there have been repeated reports and rumors relating to financial problems at Crytek. Having already given an update to staff across all our studios, we are now in a position to share more details with members of the press and public.

Internally, we have acknowledged that the flow of information to employees has not been as good as it should have, however we hope you understand that communicating details of our plans publicly has not always been possible.

Crytek is underplaying this alot i think, when directors of games start to leave the studios because of missed paychecks, i really don't think you can write it of as a miscommunication between staff, and then in turn with the press and the public, how will they improve their flow of information to employees and why would they think it would help. I really don't believe that employees that hasn't been paid for over a month, would just accept no pay for a month it if they had been informed better lol...

Good for them i guess, curious what they come up with and if their businessmodel holds on this time 

Wait what? WHat exactly do they mean by online publisher? Are they dropping EA and origin? Are they stopping development of games all together? Huh?

Crytek now publishes their engine using the SaaS (Software as a Service) model, allowing people to pay a monthly fee and get unlimited ability to create/launch games on the platform (Source code access requires a full licence though). Crytek also publishes all of their own games now (apart from homefront), and EA no longer has control of the Crysis IP.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

Crytek now publishes their engine using the SaaS (Software as a Service) model, allowing people to pay a monthly fee and get unlimited ability to create/launch games on the platform (Source code access requires a full licence though). Crytek also publishes all of their own games now (apart from homefront), and EA no longer has control of the Crysis IP.

EA never had control over Crysis. Crytek always retained ownership of it. Crysis 1 was published through what later would be the EA Partners program which allows developers to retain control and ownership of their IPs. If Crytek does a Crysis 4 I'd expect it to be published by EA as well since it's easier for a publisher like EA to handle the cost of console publishing. Crytek would be stupid to take on all of that themselves especially after this situation.

yay more EPIC looking games

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Are we forgetting homefront is going to be basically superpowerless crysis 4?

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Are we forgetting homefront is going to be basically superpowerless crysis 4?

Not really. I've watched the gameplay. There's nothing similar about them beyond a few points in the gunplay. I am expecting Crysis-level visuals though.
Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

If they make crysis 4 in 2015, it will be the best graphics game until 2018 or 2019 lol.

They know how to make best looking game and optimize it!

They are real game developers not like other bitches like UBISOFT!

fuck you ubisoft!

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.