What power supply should i get?

Ryan.L

I have gtx 660ti's in SLI, and an I5 3570k. How many watts should my new power supply be? A reply would be much appreciated!

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4.8GHZ COOLER: Corsair H100 | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT| GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti SC 2way SLI | RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB (8GB) | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

| SSD: Intel 520 (120GB)HDD: WD Red 3TB | PSU: Corsair TX850M | Case: Corsair 750D  | Display #1: Samsung S24b350HL | Display #2: Acer Al1916W

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: AudioTechnica AD700X

How many 660ti's? 2? Probably about 700w should be good, but you can check here to be sure

How many 660ti's? 2? Probably about 700w should be good, but you can check here to be sure
yeah 2 way SLI
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @4.8GHZ COOLER: Corsair H100 | MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT| GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 660ti SC 2way SLI | RAM: Gskill Ripjaws 4x2GB (8GB) | Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX

| SSD: Intel 520 (120GB)HDD: WD Red 3TB | PSU: Corsair TX850M | Case: Corsair 750D  | Display #1: Samsung S24b350HL | Display #2: Acer Al1916W

Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: AudioTechnica AD700X

At least 700W power supply would do although you could get away with a high end 600ish watt power supply.

700 odd watts should do you. If you're budget restrained then my personal favourite is the Silverstone Strider Plus 750w because it's completely modular and only about $150 compared to the Corsair offerings of the same range that are normally about $200-$240. If you have a more relaxed budget, Corsair's AX and Seasonic XP are both quality units. The AX also has an AXi model variant which has their Corsair Link technology which allows software control of things like when the fan starts as well as monitoring for output. It is also compatible with other Corsair Link products such as their closed loop CPU coolers (H80i, H100i) and their fan controller. To be honest it's a lot of fuss about nothing because your motherboard probably has some form of fan control software and unless you've got a pretty high end system, the Link technology for a PSU is pretty pointless.

700 odd watts should do you. If you're budget restrained then my personal favourite is the Silverstone Strider Plus 750w because it's completely modular and only about $150 compared to the Corsair offerings of the same range that are normally about $200-$240. If you have a more relaxed budget, Corsair's AX and Seasonic XP are both quality units. The AX also has an AXi model variant which has their Corsair Link technology which allows software control of things like when the fan starts as well as monitoring for output. It is also compatible with other Corsair Link products such as their closed loop CPU coolers (H80i, H100i) and their fan controller. To be honest it's a lot of fuss about nothing because your motherboard probably has some form of fan control software and unless you've got a pretty high end system, the Link technology for a PSU is pretty pointless.
what about this power supply? - http://ncix.ca/products/?sku=62827&vpn=CP-9020004-NA%20%2F%20CP-9020041-NA&manufacture=Corsair

I'd drop that down to a TX750M - as pictured below you don't need the additional wattage. Damn you and your cheap pricing - they're like $170 over here..

I wonder why

It's Australia.

Corsair AX650 / Seasonic X-650

MAIN Core V21 | i7 5820K @ 4.2 1.21v | Corsair H100i + NF-F12 | Asrock X99M Killer | Crucial Sport 4x4GB 2400 CAS16 @ 2666 CAS15 | 290X DCUII OC @ 1115/1450 1.3v | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB + 830 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Corsair AX650

Or you could pick something from FSP Aurum series

haha exactly windspeed Australia gets ripped off in every thing price wise.

SYSTEM SPECS

CPU> Intel 4790k< GPU> EVGA GTX970< SSD> Crucial MX200 250Gb< HDD> Seagate Barracuda 2Tb<
Cooling> Corsair H100i< Case> Corsair Air 540< PSU> Seasonic X-Series 650W< RAM> 8Gb Kingston HyperX<

I agree with pretty much everything that's already been said. Quality over quantity. Get an Antec, Corsair, PCP&C, Seasonic, FSP, Super Flower, XFX 650W PSU and you will be very happy. Make sure the PSU is at least 80+ certified, preferably 80+ Silver, Gold or Platinum, but at least 80+.

Edit: You don't want too much wattage from a PSU, they run optimally when loaded 50%-80%. I would say your total wattage is somewhere between 550-600 so 650-750 would run optimally.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

something like 750w powersuppy or a really efficient 700/650w.. 660ti's dont consume that much power

Corsair TX650M is the way to go imo

Interested in Business and Technology