An Update From Corsair About The RGB Keyboards...

Gould-Digger

So I checked my e-mail after pre-ordering the RGB from Newegg and I found something interesting in the Google trusted store e-mail

ss%2B%282014-08-16%2Bat%2B11.50.18%29.pn

1357785096906.png

WHAT COULD THIS MEAN?!

If this is true then oh lord jesus halleluja!

Worst case scenario, blues and browns are released a month after reds. If I can rely on previous announcements from the July/August release. They may be released at the same time due to the delay though.

I would guess everything gets pushed back. But who knows?

im going to wait for reviews and customer reviews before buying the keyboard, im concerned about dieing leds 

Yep

the fact that their own, new, demo version has dead LED's and now a delay for some unknown reason makes me think it'd be best to wait a month or two and see how it shakes out. By then there may even be some compitention and better pricies also.

Yep

the fact that their own, new, demo version has dead LED's and now a delay for some unknown reason makes me think it'd be best to wait a month or two and see how it shakes out. By then there may even be some compitention and better pricies also.

Like the Razer Chroma?

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Except not Razer and terrible.

I'm one of the few who's never had bad luck with Razer I guess xD. I have the Mamba mice and I like 'em.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'm gonna program PACMAN to run across my keyboard.

With the ghosts chasing him. Then you see the ghosts later come back all blue with pacman chasing them. It's nice to know other people think the same way i do ^^

I'm one of the few who's never had bad luck with Razer I guess xD. I have the Mamba mice and I like 'em.

Razer makes OK mice. They aren't as good as Razer says they are, but they aren't the worst. It's their keyboards that are horrid. You literally can't get into your BIOS because of how long it takes them to connect to the computer, and they are very cheaply built. The plastic is the same that they use for the mice, which is very flexible and nice for mice, but is horrid for keyboards. The plastic warps and bends fairly easily. 

Well personally my problem with them isn't so much of their quality, i've gotten that far with them. That's just what i've heard lol. My problem is that I just don't like their products, their mice are uncomfortable (I use a R.A.T. 7 so... i'm one of /those/ weirdos) and they don't make keyboards to match my setup. Sure now they have that RGB thing going but, something about it just makes me wanna stay away from it.

That and I kinda see Razer as the generic gaming peripheral company, much how I see Dell as the generic I need a computer company. Then again people say a lot of good about Steel Series, and their mice look nothing but unexceptional to me. Meh i'm just weird.

I've only used a Razer mouse (don't remember which one either) for a very very brief amount of time. I just know that I really didn't like touching it at the time. I could get used to it maybe, but this "ergonomic" crap is just awful.

Well personally my problem with them isn't so much of their quality, i've gotten that far with them. That's just what i've heard lol. My problem is that I just don't like their products, their mice are uncomfortable (I use a R.A.T. 7 so... i'm one of /those/ weirdos) and they don't make keyboards to match my setup. Sure now they have that RGB thing going but, something about it just makes me wanna stay away from it.

That and I kinda see Razer as the generic gaming peripheral company, much how I see Dell as the generic I need a computer company. Then again people say a lot of good about Steel Series, and their mice look nothing but unexceptional to me. Meh i'm just weird.

I've only used a Razer mouse (don't remember which one either) for a very very brief amount of time. I just know that I really didn't like touching it at the time. I could get used to it maybe, but this "ergonomic" crap is just awful.

Dell are dicks. they have proprietary wires they use in all their desktops. At least with HP you can swap out the cables yourself. I always advise people to not buy from Dell for a desktop, no matter how cheap it is.

Razer makes OK mice. They aren't as good as Razer says they are, but they aren't the worst. It's their keyboards that are horrid. You literally can't get into your BIOS because of how long it takes them to connect to the computer, and they are very cheaply built. The plastic is the same that they use for the mice, which is very flexible and nice for mice, but is horrid for keyboards. The plastic warps and bends fairly easily.

Thats just about any gaming keyboard which is why corsair has that switch on theirs. Alternatively you can just keep a 5$ keyboard around like I do. i have one USB and one PS/2. Both have really saved me when troubleshooting in other situations as well.

I son't mind waiting for them to finalize the product. After all Corsair products have premium pricing and are known for good quality products! They annouced it to be the first. Everyone does it. But you can almost never announce a product and not give a rough release date. 

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Dell are dicks. they have proprietary wires they use in all their desktops. At least with HP you can swap out the cables yourself. I always advise people to not buy from Dell for a desktop, no matter how cheap it is.

My bf has a Dell, nothing proprietary in it. Got it like... 3ish years ago? It's just crap hardware.

I son't mind waiting for them to finalize the product. After all Corsair products have premium pricing and are known for good quality products! They annouced it to be the first. Everyone does it. But you can almost never announce a product and not give a rough release date. 

Corsair known for good quality? The reason they bought PC Power & Cooling is because their PSUs sucked ass and they had to find people who knew what they were doing. You still can't get many Corsair PSUs which will last more than 5 years. PC P&C are still going strong after 7 usually, and they fully refurbish for cheap.

My bf has a Dell, nothing proprietary in it. Got it like... 3ish years ago? It's just crap hardware.

Look at the connectors to the optical and hard drives really carefully. They're not SATA much though you wish they were. This is experience based on my grandmother's dell desktop, which has seen light use the last 9 years and is still going. If Dell has changed that then I have people I can go back to and change advice on.

Look at the connectors to the optical and hard drives really carefully. They're not SATA much though you wish they were. This is experience based on my grandmother's dell desktop, which has seen light use the last 9 years and is still going. If Dell has changed that then I have people I can go back to and change advice on.

I'll admit I didn't look carefully at them, but I was able to use a standard SATA cable for his HDD just fine when his old one died. His cable was also just... I wasn't going to let him use it.

I'll admit I didn't look carefully at them, but I was able to use a standard SATA cable for his HDD just fine when his old one died. His cable was also just... I wasn't going to let him use it.

Interesting...

Yep

Maybe the delay was so they could fix the dead LED problem. Or factory test all the keyboards to make sure they didn't ship any with dead LED's

Interesting...

Indeed. He's got a uh... I wanna say Optiplex 560 but i'm not sure. But we're getting off topic here.

I can't wait for the browns!!! EDIT: I mean I will wait but I can't stand the waiting... Been anticipating getting this one for MONTHS now. I plan to get the M65 RGB to go with it too.

I can't wait for the browns!!! EDIT: I mean I will wait but I can't stand the waiting... Been anticipating getting this one for MONTHS now. I plan to get the M65 RGB to go with it too.

Same thing Here

Corsair known for good quality? The reason they bought PC Power & Cooling is because their PSUs sucked ass and they had to find people who knew what they were doing. You still can't get many Corsair PSUs which will last more than 5 years. PC P&C are still going strong after 7 usually, and they fully refurbish for cheap.

:)

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Personally looking forward to getting this as my first mechanical keyboard.Currently using a Matcatz Cyborg V7...Can't wait to upgrade!