An Update From Corsair About The RGB Keyboards...

Gould-Digger

There was a dead LED on the one examined by Linus in his vid.  I bet you 20 bux that they are still having dead LED issues they are trying to sort out... since they told us it would be fixed.  Too bad for Corsair.  I just ordered the rest of my parts for my new PC and their keyboard wasn't on the list.  Bummer for them.

Could you link the vid please, Can't seem to find a dead LED on any of his RGB videos or even the pic below -

OjTXxS2.jpg?1

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Hey everyone, 

The red switch version is up for preorder ($169) on newegg. Looks like its coming out in early September (9/8/2014)!

I... I need to get a new pair of pants...

I... I need to get a new pair of pants...

I'm not wearing pants, i need a new chair !

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

haha now I must remain patient for the damn blue switches

yeah me too, i'm waiting for a k70 rgb blue switches because i'm stuck here using a crappy membrane keyboard.

Hey everyone,

The red switch version is up for preorder ($169) on newegg. Looks like its coming out in early September (9/8/2014)!

I still don't know why they choose red switch first.

I still don't know why they choose red switch first.

I was wondering that as well so I asked and they said rhey've sold more of the reds than any other keyswitch so it only makes good business sense to bring out the one they sell more of first.

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Hey everyone, 

Bleh you got my hopes up, specify newegg.COM!

Also bummer, with exchange rate the k95 is looking to be well over 200$ CAD

i7 - 6700k || Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti || Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB 3200Mhz || Corsair 760T White || Corsair HX850 || NZXT Kraken X62 || Asus Z170-A || Logitech Proteus Core 502 wireless || Logitech G915 TKL ||

Hey everyone, 

Link it ya butthead xD

EDIT: Didnt expect to actually find it ._.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816022&cm_re=Corsair_RGB-_-23-816-022-_-Product 

But i still cant see anny release date at all.

Redliquid~

yeah... Don't see the big deal... I get you could want it as fast as possible but corsair is right. No point releasing a product you are not sure of it will work 100% as you promised. Just wait for fuck sakes :) or buy another cheap one if you really need a new one and are waiting for the rgb...

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

Could you link the vid please, Can't seem to find a dead LED on any of his RGB videos or even the pic below -

-snip-

I didn't find it in the video Linus made, but I did see two dead LEDs on a video Tek Syndicate made (but I really didn't see them until someone in the comments pointed them out)

Look closely at around 5:38 and you can see the menu key and the ". del" key on the number pad aren't lit up.

busted.jpg

Despite this though, I still pre-ordered it from Newegg  B)

Give me the rice

Unfortunately there are no statistics, data, or even technical information to back up the claim of a better design or better quality product.

BINGO

Its called Marketing BS. They knew they had a problem with the blues but never admitted it, but now they say they have a better LED to fix the ones they didn't have a problem with to start with :-)

Who knows. maybe the delay is so they can fix the dead LED problem.

I was wondering that as well so I asked and they said rhey've sold more of the reds than any other keyswitch so it only makes good business sense to bring out the one they sell more of first.

Its not because they are better though. Its because theyre marketed as the "gaming switch".

With such delays I don't understand why they don't just release all the switches at once.

MOQ meaning they need to order a certain amount. This is the first run of the clear RGB switches so they probably had to order a couple literal tons of them.

Yea I noticed those dead LED's before. There's another one or two in the top row I think.

Damn, so tempted to pre-order but I think I want the browns. Any idea when the blues/browns will be released.

Damn, so tempted to pre-order but I think I want the browns. Any idea when the blues/browns will be released.

Same thing here we want dates! I am building my PC september 12, I would so much love if it is released september 8!

Worst case scenario, blues and browns are released a month after reds. If I can rely on previous announcements from the July/August release. They may be released at the same time due to the delay though.

So I checked my e-mail after pre-ordering the RGB from Newegg and I found something interesting in the Google trusted store e-mail

ss%2B%282014-08-16%2Bat%2B11.50.18%29.pn

1357785096906.png

WHAT COULD THIS MEAN?!

Give me the rice

probably that they haven't updated their shipping eta's from the original release date to be honest. i don't know what i want to do at the moment... im scared to buy this because i dont want to risk it and have a key light die out in a month like with my k70. but it looks so freakin cool.... i know it has a new pcb and what not... but new batches of brand new products dont really have the best record. i just dont know what other mechanical to buy... im currently on a steelseries apex (vomits) since my k70 died and this was my backup

im going to wait for reviews and customer reviews before buying the keyboard, im concerned about dieing leds 

I'm waiting for browns as well. If reds are finally being release in Sept. I'm expecting the browns a month later like they said before.