An Update From Corsair About The RGB Keyboards...

Gould-Digger

This would also be my first mechanical keyboard but I don't know which to choose.

Razer or Corsair? I like both but I've been waiting for the Corsair RGB since CES.

Please help lol :)

Having tried both products I woud always always always go with corsair. Razer seems to win when it comes to design and sales but when you compare build quality, technology and durability, anything else is better. It is like Apple with their amazing design vs HTC / Samsung.

This would also be my first mechanical keyboard but I don't know which to choose. 

Razer or Corsair? I like both but I've been waiting for the Corsair RGB since CES.

I would say Corsair because I think the Panasonic chip that controls the LEDs are way more powerful then the chroma.

Still waiting for their HXi 1000W PSU to be released....

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Corsair. unless you like something in particular about the Razer case design. If you do any typing whatsoever than STAY AWAY FROM RAZER KEYBOARDS. The new gaming switch they use has a raised actuation point and bump that makes bottoming out almost unavoidable. The Switches are Kahil, which are cheap, poor quality knockoff Cherry's. Don't let the 60 million preses get you either, something else in that keyboard will break far before that switch dies; assuming the switch will last that long (It won't). Also Synapse is full of bugs and uses a lot of RAM. Also Corsairs software will be open source, so you will have the modding community behind the K70. I cant wait for my board to (Modders, take notes) sync with midi files (lightshow anyone?), or flash red when wounded, play the worm game, share profiles, display my printers ink levels,  have a timer that turns off LED's as the time runs out, displays the time, looks like 8 bit mario, or really anything

Is there any news at all about this? I'm starting to think the K70 Browns will be delayed and the M65.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Having tried both products I woud always always always go with corsair. Razer seems to win when it comes to design and sales but when you compare build quality, technology and durability, anything else is better. It is like Apple with their amazing design vs HTC / Samsung.

I would say Corsair because I think the Panasonic chip that controls the LEDs are way more powerful then the chroma.

Corsair. unless you like something in particular about the Razer case design. If you do any typing whatsoever than STAY AWAY FROM RAZER KEYBOARDS. The new gaming switch they use has a raised actuation point and bump that makes bottoming out almost unavoidable. The Switches are Kahil, which are cheap, poor quality knockoff Cherry's. Don't let the 60 million preses get you either, something else in that keyboard will break far before that switch dies; assuming the switch will last that long (It won't). Also Synapse is full of bugs and uses a lot of RAM. Also Corsairs software will be open source, so you will have the modding community behind the K70. I cant wait for my board to (Modders, take notes) sync with midi files (lightshow anyone?), or flash red when wounded, play the worm game, share profiles, display my printers ink levels,  have a timer that turns off LED's as the time runs out, displays the time, looks like 8 bit mario, or really anything

That was easy. But thanks guys, I was aiming towards Corsair anyways.

<3

I personally don't mind waiting longer for the keyboard for what ever reason as long as it works when its actually released. However, the lack of communication from corsair of the delay after giving a time frame for the keyboards release is quite annoying.

I have a feeling since the first announcement was a "target" release date now that they're into final production and seeing problems that they're working on they don't want to make an announcement and miss their release date again. So until they're pretty much all ready to go and the product is flawless then we won't hear an announcement. The other thing could be that they're being quiet because they're hoping to release these keyboards as soon as possible, lie by the end of the month so as not miss their release date by much. At the last minute they'll say that they are ready for production and we won't have to wait.

I'm crossing my fingers for the latter.

RGB mose pads are next.

-snip-

Those already happened in the 2000's

My only question to corsair about this keyboard is:

Will the software be supported on Linux (Ubuntu, Arch Linux) and MacOS?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

todays consumers are quite fickle. Tell them too soon and their angry, tell them late or not at all beforehand and their angry. People arnt happy if you push it out of the door unfinished but theyre also not happy if you have to delay it because it need more work.

It's less about when they started the hype train and more about them being silent. I'm fine with a delay but, they have to communicate that. You don't set a release date and then just be mute about it when that time has come, you have open lines of communication with your community and customers.

If they need to delay til Sept/Oct. etc. then fine but, they should be telling us that.

i7 - 6700k || Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti || Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB 3200Mhz || Corsair 760T White || Corsair HX850 || NZXT Kraken X62 || Asus Z170-A || Logitech Proteus Core 502 wireless || Logitech G915 TKL ||

My only question to corsair about this keyboard is:

Will the software be supported on Linux (Ubuntu, Arch Linux) and MacOS?

With how open the architecture is than you Linux fans should get a modded version fairly soon from the community. 

All the majors modders of this board will probably be over at Geekhack. Although I do intend to start a Topic as a database here.

Still waiting for these to come into stock. No rush but it would be nice to replace my K95...which just blew a few LED's a couple weeks back. If I recall correctly, these new RGB LED's are suppose to be better quality?

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Corsair AX860 / Corsiar 350D / Corsair H100i / Windows 8 Pro

Still waiting for these to come into stock. No rush but it would be nice to replace my K95...which just blew a few LED's a couple weeks back. If I recall correctly, these new RGB LED's are suppose to be better quality?

They're suppose to be implemented differently so the problems with electrostatic discharge or something doesn't affect them the way it currently does. They might also be better quality, but the overall design is better quality.

There was a dead LED on the one examined by Linus in his vid.  I bet you 20 bux that they are still having dead LED issues they are trying to sort out... since they told us it would be fixed.  Too bad for Corsair.  I just ordered the rest of my parts for my new PC and their keyboard wasn't on the list.  Bummer for them.

CPU: Intel Devil's Canyon i7-4790K.  Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7.  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X-Series 16gb @ 2133.  GPU: EVGA SuperClocked GTX770.  Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper.  Storage: Plextor M6ePX M.2 256GB SSD/Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB.  PSU: Seasonic 80+ Gold 850watt.  Display(s): LG 42LB6300.  Cooling: Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R.  Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (EVENTUALLY).  Mouse: Logitech G700s.  Sound: Onboard 5.1 analog output - Soundcraft Mixer - QSC Power Amps - ElectroVoice Qrx PA Speakers / Klipsch center channel.  OS: Windows 8.1 Pro.

Lol, corsair posted more pics from gamescom and there are like 3 pics of the RGB keyboards. @#$% you too corsair... @#$% you too...

my keyboard is sorta failing after i spilt into it.. the rgb k70 or k95 will be my next one, hoping for something good :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

There was a dead LED on the one examined by Linus in his vid.  I bet you 20 bux that they are still having dead LED issues they are trying to sort out... since they told us it would be fixed.  Too bad for Corsair.  I just ordered the rest of my parts for my new PC and their keyboard wasn't on the list.  Bummer for them.

I was just about to post something like this... 

Corsair is losing out on potential customers. Not only for their bad design but also for people who are tired of waiting and ready to shell out money to their competitors, i.e. http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-blackwidow-ultimate-chroma

They're suppose to be implemented differently so the problems with electrostatic discharge or something doesn't affect them the way it currently does. They might also be better quality, but the overall design is better quality.

Unfortunately there are no statistics, data, or even technical information to back up the claim of a better design or better quality product.

It's less about when they started the hype train and more about them being silent. I'm fine with a delay but, they have to communicate that. You don't set a release date and then just be mute about it when that time has come, you have open lines of communication with your community and customers.

If they need to delay til Sept/Oct. etc. then fine but, they should be telling us that.

I agree. That's why I believed that they may be trying to release this relatively soon as to not have to make a delay announcement. I can see them being afraid that if they do make an announcement that their concern is that many people will give up waiting and purchase another keyboard but to keep quiet in order to avoid that is a cheap move. The ONLY reason I see them staying quiet is because they are going to release it very soon and they don't see justification in needing to make an announcement. If there is indeed an issue that is pending or work that needs to be done and they're just choosing to neglect and alienate their fans then shame on them.

Unfortunately there are no statistics, data, or even technical information to back up the claim of a better design or better quality product.

Yea I probably should have said "overall design is likely better quality" but I didn't. Just basing that off the things they've said, but that's all marketing speak too.

It's much better to delay a release than tp rush an unfinished product to market.

INTEL CORE I5 4670K | NVIDIA GTX 980 | NOCTUA NH-L9i | GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-SLI | KINGSTON 120GB V300

CM STORM QUICKFIRE TK | BENQ XL2420TE | ROCCAT SAVU | FRACTAL DEFINE R4

Damnit! That would suck. I started out with one bad LED, I turned off almost all of them with the onboard customization. Turned all of them back on recently just to see that more have failed. I'm a sad panda...  As much as I want to keep giving Corsair my money, they need to step up their QC. I have had one Corsair Vengeance 2000 headset crack, one failed K90 keyboard with a failed LED light and messed up C key, and the only thing that kept me from jumping to another brand was their excellent customer service. They happily replaced them with the newer products since I was still in warranty. I hope they can get these LED's under control.   

Asus Gryphon w/Thermal Armor / Intel i5 4670K / Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB / Asus ROG Matrix 7970 Platinum / Samsung 830 / Seagate Barracuda

Corsair AX860 / Corsiar 350D / Corsair H100i / Windows 8 Pro

Im assuming however the m65 RGB will be released this month on schedule though??