An Update From Corsair About The RGB Keyboards...

Gould-Digger

I'm gona program mine to display every word, in succession, of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

I wonder if itll even have the storage and how long it would take if presented at a reasonable reading speed.

I personally don't mind waiting longer for the keyboard for what ever reason as long as it works when its actually released. However, the lack of communication from corsair of the delay after giving a time frame for the keyboards release is quite annoying.

We have been waiting for this keyboard for a while now I wonder how much prices will come down because of this delay.

Hint lower the prices.....

For me personally, I don't really care when it's releases. But of course i'd like to get it sooner than later. :)

One thing that bothers me though, is that a couple of you on this thread keeps saying something like; "The fancy lighting is just crap and you are all idiots by buying it. It'll grow old in a month or two."

Will the fancy lighting, with ripples and all that good stuff, grow old on me in a couple of month? Probably. But for me it's more about the estetics of the keyboard.

- First of all, I like the looks of K70 (which is the one i'm going to buy).

- Second. The fact that I can light up different zones/keys of the keyboard with different colors, makes it a 'must have' for me, since i'm almost always gaming in complete darkness. It makes it easier to find the specific key i'm looking for in the dark. This functionality can, somewhat, be achieved by getting the Steelseries Apex, but i just don't like the looks, nor the layout of the board.

- Third. Sometimes, not always, but sometimes i find myself wishing i had RGB-lighting, to go match up with the coloring of the desktop-background, things on my table, lighting in the chasis, or other stuff in my office.

Well.. The bottom line: For those of you who don't like the RGB-lighting, or light in keyboards at all, fine by me. But stay out of my head.

I know it's a silly gimmick but some of us like silly gimmicks. I also like lights in my case and I don't mind that my pic makes a bit of noise because I like the ambient noise of a PC. Does that make me weird? Yea. But meh it's my stuff. Personally I might get bored here and there and see what I can do with the keyboard. And then that'll be my new settings.

Does it look unlikely that this will come out in under 1 month? The K95 RGB.

Well they had to design a whole new PCB for the keys as they are not the same as previous cherry mx switches

There is a lot of design, testing and development to take into account, the board as to function perfectly and be as reliable as we expect, there is also the software corsair to design and create too

I think they want it to be perfect since there is so much hype around this, if they release it half arsed with faults people will scream murder at corsair

Yeah,but it was shown working at CES and now it's...what?August?Come on.They had a working product half a year ago.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

bullshit, they dont need a new PCB, they literally just change the switch and its done. They just want more suspense

Sorry mate but your a little misinformed.

The new RGB series has a completely different PCB layout with RGB surface mount LED's that have not just improved ESD shielding but improved reliability over the previous gen.

It also comes equiped with a Panasonic display controller for the different lighting modes which are usually only found in large displays, The real challenge of the new RGB series is that because the way the SMD LED is mounted they had to come up with a brand new transparent mechanism for the Cherry MX switches shown in the below image which is also better for the longevity of the SMD LED's -

538d74a981582.png_v6.jpg

6TPc8UC.jpg

And as you can see on this mock up picture there are no LED's on show like in the previous gen K70 and K95 which in turn helps with longevity etc...

4410_cherry%20mx%20rgb-corsair%20banner.

They had to re-engineer a lot for these keyboards, As you can see they didn't just change the switches over ;)

Battle.Net - Dicehunter#2746

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

When will the HG10 come out???  And is it for reference cards only?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

When will the HG10 come out???  And is it for reference cards only?

Yep reference cards only

Should be around october

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Yep reference cards only

Should be around october

I hate that, its not reference PCB either, its reference CARD.

Oh well, G10 with modded heat sinks it is.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@Dicehunter Cherry has already had the clear tops for many years so they already knew the material need so it really was just all the SMD led.

I hate that, its not reference PCB either, its reference CARD.

Oh well, G10 with modded heat sinks it is.

There are way too many variables to design 1 singular cooler for ALL PCB types, Just wouldn't be possible and if it was it would cost a butt ton because the engineering needed for something like that would be very expensive, People usually get aftermarket GPU's i.e non reference for the better cooling anyway so it's not really a big deal.

@Dicehunter Cherry has already had the clear tops for many years so they already knew the material need so it really was just all the SMD led.

Nope sorry wrong, The newer switch had to have a lens put into it because of the SMD LED's ergo they had to redo the switch so the plethora of colours would go through brighter and correctly.

We're not just talking a transparent switch, They literally had to go back to the drawing board, Re-mold the switch casing, Re-design the PCB to accommodate the Panasonic display controller and new RGB SMD LED's etc...

I really don't see what's so hard to understand about a new product needing a new/re-design, It's not a conspiracy theory, It's just a keyboard lol :P

For more information on the actual switch you can read this - http://www.cherry-professional-gaming.com/EN/technologie-en.html#/modul-specification

Also this - http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/blog/2014/march/cherry-faq-answers

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Nope sorry wrong, The newer switch had to have a lens put into it because of the SMD LED's ergo they had to redo the switch, We're not just talking a transparent switch, They literally had to go back to the drawing board, Re-mold the switch casing, Re-design the PCB to accomodate the Panasonic display controller and new RGB SMD LED's etc...

I really don't see what's so hard to understand about a new product needing a new/re-design, It's not a conspiracy theory, It's just a keyboard lol :P

For more information on the actual switch you can read this - http://www.cherry-professional-gaming.com/EN/technologie-en.html#/modul-specification

Also this - http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/blog/2014/march/cherry-faq-answers

Im not going on about conspiracy at all. Personally I really couldnt care less when this comes to market.

Im just saying not all that much changed. The PCb change and integrating the controller as well as getting working software is probably the most complete part. All that Lens is doing is refracting the light and is probably just some simple polished surface well the rest is frosted. The bottom hole just had to be changed to hold the SMD LED instead of the standard T-1 (3mm) through hole LEDs. So I really dont see much work in the switches themselves, actually if there was i dont see cherry doing it.

My guess is that the software and setting up and refining the manufacturing is whats taking the longest. The reason I say this is that we have seen working samples for sometime already.

Im not going on about conspiracy at all. Personally I really couldnt care less when this comes to market.

Im just saying not all that much changed. The PCb change and integrating the controller as well as getting working software is probably the most complete part. All that Lens is doing is refracting the light and is probably just some simple polished surface well the rest is frosted. The bottom hole just had to be changed to hold the SMD LED instead of the standard T-1 (3mm) through hole LEDs. So I really dont see much work in the switches themselves, actually if there was i dont see cherry doing it.

My guess is that the software and setting up and refining the manufacturing is whats taking the longest. The reason I say this is that we have seen working samples for sometime already.

A lot of the work has gone into making sure dead LED's are a thing of the past, Look on the corsair forums and you'll see every 2nd post is someone complaining about dead LED's on their K70 or K95, I myself went through 3 x K95's all with different dead LED's.

I actually spoke to a guy at Corsair about this and he told me they put a crap ton of work into this as they were sick of getting RMA'd keyboards with dead LED's which in the long run cost them plus they sunk over $4.5 million USD into the Cherry MX factory in Germany just for this RGB lineup, New equipment etc... to make sure these new keyboards are a benchmark when it comes to reliability and general awesomeness ^_^

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

A lot of the work has gone into making sure dead LED's are a thing of the past, Look on the corsair forums and you'll see every 2nd post is someone complaining about dead LED's on their K70 o K95, I myself went through 3 x K95's all with different dead LED's.

I actually spoke to a guy at Corsair about this and he told me they put a crap ton of work into this as they were sick of getting RMA'd keyboards with dead LED's which in the long run cost them plus they sunk over $4.5 million USD into the Cherry MX factory in Germany just for this RGB lineup, New equipment etc... to make sure these new kkeyboards are a benchmark when it comes to reliability and general awesomeness ^_^

then theyll probably have them grounded or something they started in a interview that just the LEDS being SMD will basically prevent that.

Oh i can tell you on all the boards ive put together and fixed that none of the LEDs ive touched have been bad. I mean I havnt done as many as they have nor do I ever intend to but I have a feeling there was more going other they than just the end users ESD.

then theyll probably have them grounded or something they started in a interview that just the LEDS being SMD will basically prevent that.

Which is 1 thing I'm really looking forward too :)

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Why all the hostility towards people wanting this keyboard? We're all excited about it. It's no different than you looking forward to buying something new that you've wanted. Do I have a keyboard? Yes a Logitech GT510 that I'm looking to replace and I narrowed it down to this one or the Rocca MR Pro. Now I have confirmed that I want this one so get off our sack about us batching about it not being released yet as this is not the issue. We're upset that tentative or not the keyboard was to drop at the end of July. We understand there are delays we just want an update on the new tentative drop date and does this affect the blue and brown drop dates?

Lastly in regards to the switches. Corsair doesn't produce the switch Cherry does. The switch is already produced. Corsair is producing everything else which is what they are having issues with. Knowing how complex circuit mapping is one little discrepancy in production can essentially take out am entire run. Sometimes something created in a lab is more difficult to replicate on the production line.

While I'm happy they are fixing the problem instead of releasing a crap product I'm also disappointed about waiting.

Why all the hostility towards people wanting this keyboard? We're all excited about it. It's no different than you looking forward to buying something new that you've wanted. Do I have a keyboard? Yes a Logitech GT510 that I'm looking to replace and I narrowed it down to this one or the Rocca MR Pro. Now I have confirmed that I want this one so get off our sack about us batching about it not being released yet as this is not the issue. We're upset that tentative or not the keyboard was to drop at the end of July. We understand there are delays we just want an update on the new tentative drop date and does this affect the blue and brown drop dates?

Lastly in regards to the switches. Corsair doesn't produce the switch Cherry does. The switch is already produced. Corsair is producing everything else which is what they are having issues with. Knowing how complex circuit mapping is one little discrepancy in production can essentially take out am entire run. Sometimes something created in a lab is more difficult to replicate on the production line.

While I'm happy they are fixing the problem instead of releasing a crap product I'm also disappointed about waiting.

Some people just don't like others looking forward to products or being quote un quote "Fans" of said companies :blink:

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

Soooo the K95 will not come in Blues or browns????? -_____- ksfh;aewoifshd;flh

Soooo the K95 will not come in Blues or browns????? -_____- ksfh;aewoifshd;flh

It will yes but the reds are the first to be released

Origin - Dicehunter

Steam - Dicehunter

Uplay - Dicehunter

It will yes but the reds are the first to be released

Hi Dicehunter,

Where did you see that? The only thing I could find on a later release for Blues and Browns was for the K70.  It looks like Corsair's current renditions of the K95 only come in Cherry MX Red switches according to their website.

Did you read something somewhere that indicated there would be MX RGB K95s with blue and brown switches? (this would make me quite pleased but I haven't been able to find that anywhere, much to my chagrin)   

Hi Dicehunter,

Where did you see that? The only thing I could find on a later release for Blues and Browns was for the K70.  It looks like Corsair's current renditions of the K95 only come in Cherry MX Red switches according to their website.

Did you read something somewhere that indicated there would be MX RGB K95s with blue and brown switches? (this would make me quite pleased but I haven't been able to find that anywhere, much to my chagrin)   

You can find it here: http://youtu.be/0lSbwR3nr3E?t=3m21s 

If what they say is true, then I'd rather wait for a properly working board than rush it