An Update From Corsair About The RGB Keyboards...

Gould-Digger

It's ok as long as they don't rush it and put out a defective product. 

Still disappointed though, and a bit nervous about how things may come out.

Linus can you please at least make a snide comment about how we don't have the rgb keyboards yet in your next video? I mean surely someone of your stature will strike fear in their hearts I mean razer changed the 14s screen panel when when you said it was nearly perfect. 1 video 1 silly comment I bet it launches the day after or at least has a press conference.

Pardon my ignorance, but can someone explain why it takes so long to release a keyboard?

let alone the same keyboard with (what appears to be) the only difference being rgb lighting and the lighting controller?

Hi, in my e-mail back to James I included your question... His response

While a keyboard is a peripheral easily overlooked in terms of complexity in comparison to that of a headset or mouse, there actually are a lot of components in a n-key rollover mechanical keyboard that make it the most complex HID component of the 3. For example, most mechanical keyboards have their own processor and associated firmware. While we’re used to seeing an image of a cherry mx switch, there are so many other factors that have to work together to accommodate the switch. Then we are compounding the difficulty of RGB controls and a completely revamped software we are designing in-house to support it. This means in addition to the mechanical functionality of the keyboard with a completely new Cherry switch, we now also must incorporate the hardware for the Panasonic display controller for the new LEDs, and then ensuring that our software works flawless with the LEDs. Remember too that unlike other RGB keyboards, our software must allow for the control of each *individually* lit key at 16.8m colors whereas everyone else who has attempted RGB has only been able to do so as single uniform backlighting. We haven’t included the other awesome features of the software and the immense testing that has to be done for both hardware and software testing. I know everyone is excited about this product, and believe me, we’re not holding it back for petty reasons. It is simply a matter of ensuring that this keyboard, which is probably the biggest and widely acclaimed product the company has ever announced, is ready for primetime.

Is that they haven't even started the (mass) production?

It is ridiculous that they don't make any public announcement to tell their potential customers it has been delayed. I understand that delays can happen, at least be open about it instead of saying "it's coming soon!".

We have all of the components already, especially the Cherry MX RGB switches. They have been in production for some time now.

So, they went from having a release date to "Uhh, we dont know. It's done when it's done"  ?

Blizzard style

Hi in my e-mail back to james, I included your question... his response:

All of our release dates were tentative.

It is rather impossible for me to say that they should get their finger out...

HOWEVER, i am going to say that, more and more companies care less and less, to be frank i miss some passion, some "Let's make this shit happen" 

It is unbeliveable that they release a date and can't stick with it. I hope they will eventualy get some passion and some fucking "ohh-rah" back into the game. 

PS. not just talking about Corsair.

Hi in my e-mail back to James I included your statement, here is what he had to say:

Everyone in this company is putting in very long hours of the day to  this project into a reality. No one here is simply sitting here “with our finger out” and dilly-dallying all day. Let me be more objective here: a company must sell products to bring in revenue. Revenue is what keeps the lights on and allows us to venture into new territory like the RGB project. No one wants delays, especially us, as this ends up costing us both financially and motivationally. I don’t think ANY company intentionally delays their project either without a very good reason to do so. We also wouldn’t be working hard if there wasn’t any “passion” either. So I’ll have to be point blank and say that this comment is both vilifying and absurd from a personal viewpoint (my own).

You guys are completely out to lunch if you think Corsair WANTS to spend time and MONEY answering questions all day about why the RGB keyboards aren't available yet...

Hi linus, I did ask James if he was okay to answer these questions and I do realise time is money, however as someone who purchases corsair products I would like to think that the e-mail I received was part of my customer care package.

'I don’t mind spending my own time answering questions as I do believe that information is always a good thing when its valued. '

We have all of the components already, especially the Cherry MX RGB switches. They have been in production for some time now.

Thanks for asking my question! Also thanks to James for answering it. :) It's great that they already have the RGB switches, I'm wondering if that means the red/brown/blue RGB switches will be released around the same time instead of (at least) 1 month apart.

You guys are completely out to lunch if you think Corsair WANTS to spend time and MONEY answering questions all day about why the RGB keyboards aren't available yet...

That's what they should pay you for :P (kidding, unless they'd actually pay you to do it which would be awesome)

But seriously, anyone, do we have a price estimation yet?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That's what they should pay you for :P (kidding, unless they'd actually pay you to do it which would be awesome)

But seriously, anyone, do we have a price estimation yet?

Yes. $169,99 for the K70 RGB, $189,99 for the K95 RGB.

Yes. $169,99 for the K70 RGB, $189,99 for the K95 RGB.

O.o

*froths at the mouth*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I hope this delay will mean that they'll have plenty to sale on launch. I don't want to be one of the unfortunate souls that misses the first 2 hours of a buying frenzy and has to wait weeks for a restock.

Heal Harder!

I hope this delay will mean that they'll have plenty to sale on launch. I don't want to be one of the unfortunate souls that misses the first 2 hours of a buying frenzy and has to wait weeks for a restock.

Lol for a keyboard of that price not aimed at enthusiasts idk if the will happen.

Lol for a keyboard of that price not aimed at enthusiasts idk if the will happen.

Then you have the weeks after major gpu launches where people scramble to buy one.

The Half-Life 3 of keyboards! I'm selling my blackwidow immediately when k70 rgb with mx blues comes out.

I'm am hoping to do the same thing. Although not sure if i would go for the blues again. Also the K95 :D

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

If you go to www.newegg.com and navigate to the K70 RGB page, it shows it to be unavailable and no price is given.  But if you try this trick you can see what they plan to charge for the thing.  After you've loaded the K70 RGB page, go to any other item page, scroll to the bottom where it lists "recently viewed items" and the RGB is listed there for $199.99.  Which might be BS (not to mention disappointing) because I've seen corsair correspondence that stated the msrp would be $169.00.

CPU: Intel Devil's Canyon i7-4790K.  Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7.  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X-Series 16gb @ 2133.  GPU: EVGA SuperClocked GTX770.  Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper.  Storage: Plextor M6ePX M.2 256GB SSD/Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB.  PSU: Seasonic 80+ Gold 850watt.  Display(s): LG 42LB6300.  Cooling: Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R.  Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (EVENTUALLY).  Mouse: Logitech G700s.  Sound: Onboard 5.1 analog output - Soundcraft Mixer - QSC Power Amps - ElectroVoice Qrx PA Speakers / Klipsch center channel.  OS: Windows 8.1 Pro.

Then you have the weeks after major gpu launches where people scramble to buy one.

Thats enthusiasts generally scrabling to buy one if not a couple. This keyboard isnt aimed at keyboard enthusiasts but the pc gamer with a deep poket.

If you go to www.newegg.com and navigate to the K70 RGB page, it shows it to be unavailable and no price is given. But if you try this trick you can see what they plan to charge for the thing. After you've loaded the K70 RGB page, go to any other item page, scroll to the bottom where it lists "recently viewed items" and the RGB is listed there for $199.99. Which might be BS (not to mention disappointing) because I've seen corsair correspondence that stated the msrp would be $169.

Newegg could do that thing where they sell it for $169 but then say its normally $199.

Also they can charge more than the MSRP if they want as its the "suggested" price. Most recent big thing would be those amd cards.

Maybe it went gold and the run ran into production issues. It happens.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Hopefully the delay doesn't affect the ones coming out in late August. To hell with the Reds.

Case:Define R4 | MOBO:ASRock z75 Pro 3 | CPU:i7-3770k 4.0GHz | CPU Cooler:H100i | GPU:970 Strix | RAM:Hyper X 16GB | 

Peripherals:ATH-M50x Limited Blue Edition | K95 RGB | M65 RGB | Blue Yeti MIC | (3x)1920x2080 Acer Monitors

Yeah... I want the Browns.... I think.   Will be my first mechanical.  Just happen to be building a new PC for the first time in 6 years so this is (almost) good timing.

CPU: Intel Devil's Canyon i7-4790K.  Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 7.  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X-Series 16gb @ 2133.  GPU: EVGA SuperClocked GTX770.  Case: CoolerMaster Storm Trooper.  Storage: Plextor M6ePX M.2 256GB SSD/Samsung 850 Pro SSD 256GB.  PSU: Seasonic 80+ Gold 850watt.  Display(s): LG 42LB6300.  Cooling: Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R.  Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (EVENTUALLY).  Mouse: Logitech G700s.  Sound: Onboard 5.1 analog output - Soundcraft Mixer - QSC Power Amps - ElectroVoice Qrx PA Speakers / Klipsch center channel.  OS: Windows 8.1 Pro.

I seriously can't believe people are bitching this hard.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I seriously can't believe people are bitching this hard.

I know right?

I'm just laughing at everyone complaining about it when I'm here asking why people care about having different colored LEDs. Infact I have no clue about the LEDs and forgot about it because of how insignificant it is.

Seriously, you'll like it for half a month and you'll get old of it.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

I'm gona program mine to display every word, in succession, of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

I'm gona program mine to display every word, in succession, of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy.

hahah great idea! Share that one out when you do! ^_^