An Update From Corsair About The RGB Keyboards...

Gould-Digger

Logo? I dont give a damm about it. We will accustomed it. I want to change the colors and hear the click click click of my Blues :)

anyone know if Corsair will sell the old logo with brown switches?

That's what I really want :/

That's what I've been waiting for but no official response about it from Corsair :(

The old logo blues and reds switches are on stock at amazon atm for the original K70, but no browns. I've just noticed that Corsair is starting to ship new revisions of the K70 Red and blue LEDS with the Gaming branding and the textured keycaps, that means, as everyone says, the logo is staying at least for a while.

its just a bummer that this keyboard is clearly for people who care about looks (paying a premium for RGB leds) and the logo takes a step backwards.

Eh it still doesn't bother me too much. I don't like the logo on the mouse, I thought the back was good before. I think too much light shows through on the mouse (at least in the picture I remember seeing) and it looks a bit cheap that way. Kinda glad I didn't wait until the mice came out cause I thought about it. But I needed a real mouse (after my old one died, and my old Logitech G5 backup died... then I was stuck with an old generic Dell mouse) and I went with another Saitek...er Madcatz R.A.T.7 (I got my original when it was still Saitek) and i'm satisfied once again.

But the logo on the Corsair RGB keyboards doesn't really bother me so much. I like the way the older logo looked more like it was punched out of the rest of the whole frame it's attatched to, where the new logo looks kinda hastily slapped on. But meh, it doesn't have any lights on it, and my focus won't be on it. Most of the time it'll be pretty dark in the room anyway, so i'll only be able to see it from whatever light the keyboard reflects onto it, and most of the time it'll probably be under the lip of my desk (cause I have this annoying keyboard tray on this old desk I got... hate keyboard trays, but there's no room on the desk due to DJ controller) or when I finally get to put it on the desk, whatever light reflects off the monitor. I don't really see it as that big a deal for me at least. My main focus will be on my pretty lights that I hope i'll get customized well to my liking.

My keyswitch tester came in today, little MAX Keyboard demoboard of red, black, blue, and brown switches. And for those curious here's my analysis of the keys (cause I don't think Linus or anyone else really do a good job of explaining it anymore)

The four switches I have actually feel about the same, as far as having a finger on each and just pressing away goes. There are still some differences and i'm sure it's all more noticeable when it comes down to a full keyboard of each switch, but I don't have the ability to test that sooooo...

There is a slight difference to me between the reds and blacks, the blacks do take more force to press down but people make it sound like it's more drastic than it really is. After prolonged use it might make a difference but, i'm not sure. They go down really smoothly though, in a really satisfying way actually.

Blues are nice, I love the way they feel. I can pretty much always feel the click inside when I press it down. I tried as hard as I could to press the key as lightly as I could to try and muffle the click sound a bit, but it doesn't really change in volume too much. If you get blues, you're going to be making a lot of noise. All the time. Period.

Browns, honestly I was expecting a bit more from them. There's much less of a noticeable bump in the pressing of the key (like it's much much less than the membrane keyboard i'm using right now) and it felt pretty much just like the red. That being said, the bump is there and dancing my fingers on each key (trying to sorta simulate typing a little bit on a particular switch) I could feel it, but not by much. But I do think I prefer it being there rather than the smooth feel of the red switches.

I can't test actuation points because it can't be plugged in to anything, but i'm assuming i'm going to like being able to lightly press the browns and feeling where they actuate rather than bottoming it out or guessing with each press how much i'm going to have to press it down. It's almost as if the Browns have a "soft bottom" to them as if the actuation point is bottoming it out when it's not. Overall I think it'll be a less fatiguing way to type when a certain someone in the room is trying to sleep, as i do try to be more quiet.

Speaking of quiet, the noise these switches have when using them on this demoboard. It's probably much different with a full keyboard, noticing videos about both a full keyboard just sounds louder overall. And i'm sure the acoustics are a bit different as well. But with what i'm given, browns actually seem to be quieter than reds are but just slightly. It seems the bump in the browns slows down the switch just slightly, or at least stifles the sound somehow. The red switch just has the key slam against the housing.

So yea... that's my thoughts. Just posting them if anyone else was curious. This keyboard is going to be my first mechanical so yea. I wanted to make sure I was getting the right switch for my money.

Question. On k70 RGB, you can set different color to key letter and different color at ground? Just wonder.

Question. On k70 RGB, you can set different color to key letter and different color at ground? Just wonder.

I'm afraid I don't understand your question.

No. The light comes from one source so u get same background colour and same key colour (what u want doesnt exist but good idea, hard to do because then LEDs would die a lot)

Just the luminocity (the strenght of colour) is different for background and key. Go watch Tek Syndicate review on youtube.

@Tygron u want them to fully explain cherry mx switches everytime they review a mechanical keyboard ?! They made videos about it, so did Logan and million other youtubers and they did their best.

This is something everybody has to experience first person to make the perfect decision. No need for repeating the same exact stuff again. :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

@Tygron u want them to fully explain cherry mx switches everytime they review a mechanical keyboard ?! They made videos about it, so did Logan and million other youtubers and they did their best.

This is something everybody has to experience first person to make the perfect decision. No need for repeating the same exact stuff again. :)

No I understand that. But in all the videos i've seen on Cherry MX switches, they still didn't really go into some of the detail i'd have like to have heard. I realize it'd be a bit ridiculous to expect a rundown of each switch and why and what it feels like and blah blah blah, and Linus has lately been doing a "I've already talked about this so just click here to go watch that" and I don't have a problem with that.

Was just stating my personal observations on some standalone switches and wanted to maybe add a little to what people might already think about how the switches differ from each other. I mean what Linus and Logan are saying isn't wrong no, and what i'm saying doesn't cover all the area they don't say. And I agree that it's something people need to try out for themselves before making a purchase, if they even care really. That's why the demoboards are made ^_^

I just wish there was a better way of describing it or something so that wasn't exactly necessary. There were a couple more options availible a year or so ago when I started looking for these demoboards, and now it seems like the only real products here are the two MAX Keyboard boards, and the one that Cooler Master has. And then availability on these boards is surprisingly low. Almost every time i'd look at CM's site for theirs it was sold out, and searching for it elsewhere didn't help really. And the MAX one would be sold out as well. I lucked out and saw these were in stock when I went looking for something else I needed at the time.

Anyone found somewhere that is actually shipping the K95 RGB blue switches? My preorder was supposed to ship 2 weeks ago and newegg says they still havent gotten them from Corsair yet. Amazon's page says ships in 1 to 2 months.

:(

Anyone found somewhere that is actually shipping the K95 RGB blue switches? My preorder was supposed to ship 2 weeks ago and newegg says they still havent gotten them from Corsair yet. Amazon's page says ships in 1 to 2 months.

Nope, my local PC store still says they are expected on 16/10, so a week and a bit away. 

I ended up cancelling my K95 Blue RGB order and getting the K70 blue RGB  in from Newegg.ca  Came in today in its clicky glory!

Goddam UK, amazon has k70 for £30 more than anywhere else where there are only pre-orders... So I have to wait maybe until 31/10 to receive one :'(

Why is there so little stock for EU atm ?! This is a big thing and it sux that etailers didnt order more at launch/ corsair didnt produce more at launch :'(

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I have order mine from scan.uk. It is preorder but according to them, they expecting blues at 9th october. I have allready contact then via e-mail and they confirm this. I ll post again when my order will despatch.

I have order mine from scan.uk. It is preorder but according to them, they expecting blues at 9th october. I have allready contact then via e-mail and they confirm this. I ll post again when my order will despatch.

Same, I ordered the K70 RGB browns.

Well their estimated changed few days ago to "in stock 31st oct" so im holding off from pre-ordering in case overclockers or amazon get some in stock before scan does. I dont want to wait 3 bloody weeks, already waited a lifetime (since february)

Well their estimated changed few days ago to "in stock 31st oct" so im holding off from pre-ordering in case overclockers or amazon get some in stock before scan does. I dont want to wait 3 bloody weeks, already waited a lifetime (since february)

I order this one and it seems like they will stock it tommorow

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-gaming-cgk70-rgb-cherry-mx-blue-mechanical-gaming-keyboard

I order this one and it seems like they will stock it tommorow

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-gaming-cgk70-rgb-cherry-mx-blue-mechanical-gaming-keyboard

Thats for mx blue :( mx red has to wait 3 more weeks. If its not new stock with sail logo then i dont understand the massive delay.

:( :( :(.... Scan.co.uk today changed the status from '' item due today'' to ''item due 17 november''. I contact them and they told me the dealy is from corsair cause of firmware issues and delayed all keyboards. F******************k i was so close to get one of those bad boys... :(  :( i am so sad now dunno what to do.

And the ironic is i have allready sell my mechanical keyboard.....i am with membrane one now and i am ready to puke.

:( :( :(.... Scan.co.uk today changed the status from '' item due today'' to ''item due 17 november''. I contact them and they told me the dealy is from corsair cause of firmware issues and delayed all keyboards. F******************k i was so close to get one of those bad boys... :(   :( i am so sad now dunno what to do.

And the ironic is i have allready sell my mechanical keyboard.....i am with membrane one now and i am ready to puke.

Red still due on 31/10, browns due today and blues yes, what u said. I hope reds will not get delayed anymoe, since thats whats representing their "gaming" brand. 

I feel your pain eitherway, wanted mech keyboard for so long and now when I can afford one it gets delayed and delayed :( same for GTA 5...

Red still due on 31/10, browns due today and blues yes, what u said. I hope reds will not get delayed anymoe, since thats whats representing their "gaming" brand. 

I feel your pain eitherway, wanted mech keyboard for so long and now when I can afford one it gets delayed and delayed :( same for GTA 5...

Thanks man for the support and contribution. I hope reds dont take the same way. I am sure Browns tommorow gonna change to ''17 November''..... God may help us.... :P

:( :( :(.... Scan.co.uk today changed the status from '' item due today'' to ''item due 17 november''.

vader.jpg

Guess, my model M will serve me for one more week :/ (Ordered K95 RGB Blues @ Scan)

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

Spoke to Scan.co.uk about my order, and they said Corsair rep has spoke to them about the firmware issues, and held it back until 17th November.... so I changed my order to get the old logo.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-vengeance-k70-rgb-backlit-cherry-mx-brown-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-limited-availability (K70 RGB in browns with old logo)

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-vengeance-m65-rgb-gaming-mouse-8200dpi-black-168m-colours-limited-availability (M65 RGB with old logo)

vader.jpg

Guess, my model M will serve me for one more week :/ (Ordered K95 RGB Blues @ Scan)

Lol epic rage foto! I dont wanna dissapoint you but i am afraid they will delay k95 as well. I want to contact to Corsair to see what really happends. In newegg they availability is for 31 December... I hope Scan.co.uk not trolling us. If at 17th november Scan says for further delay for 31 december, then i will be crazy for sure.

I love the idea of RGB keys... but I make do without multi-colored backlighting.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Spoke to Scan.co.uk about my order, and they said Corsair rep has spoke to them about the firmware issues, and held it back until 17th November.... so I changed my order to get the old logo.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-vengeance-k70-rgb-backlit-cherry-mx-brown-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-limited-availability (K70 RGB in browns with old logo)

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsair-vengeance-m65-rgb-gaming-mouse-8200dpi-black-168m-colours-limited-availability (M65 RGB with old logo)

So it is definately 17/11 for my MX RED. 37 days counting !