An Update From Corsair About The RGB Keyboards...

Gould-Digger

Well hoping I have the money in late September to buy the brown version. I just bought a Shield Tablet and Moto 360 so I have spent quite a bit of money this week.

I'll probably end up doing something similar, i have gotten used to blue switches and unless i try the red switches in store, ill have to wait until the blue and browns are released.

Same here :) Im buying it in december as present for myself and excuse to spend £140 for a christmas lights keyboard :D

And by then, we should be able to know of any flaws or cons.

Oh wow, the reviews are looking pretty bad for the early models. And people are saying that corsair are changing nothing about the keyboards. 

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=132037

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Vengeance-Mechanical-Keyboard-CH-9000063-NA/product-reviews/B00KX8OJK6/ref=dpx_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1#reviews-container?sortBy=recent&reviewerType=all_reviews&formatType=null&filterByStar=all_stars

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816022

Isn't this just awful? Do you think they will change anything and will the k95 rgb suffer from the same sort of fate? It seems like the k70 silver all over again. Also causing slow boot ups, keys aren't that bright and led's are dying and the whole thing has on a few people.

I really wanted the k95 RGB and was / am planning to get it in the UK - £160 ish which is $240 (USD). I still would really like it but they seem like they've really messed up.

The Corsair Forum Link has some really interesting stuff in it,

Oh dear xD Remember when corsair said this... 'There will be nothing more frustrating than to get a product you’ve been waiting almost a year for and it does not live up to the hype or expectations of customers like yourself.'

Good to see the 'extra' development time really paid off. 

What is it with companies failing on promises to customers, this and the recent news about GTA 5 for the PC has really bummed me out... Maybe I'm expecting too much? I suppose the year I've been waiting + the amount of time these companies have had to develop their products before releasing promos about them isn't a long time? Really starting to loose faith and confidence in the PC industry especially with games and gaming peripherals :( Someone re-assure me.

What is it with companies failing on promises to customers, this and the recent news about GTA 5 for the PC has really bummed me out... Maybe I'm expecting too much? I suppose the year I've been waiting + the amount of time these companies have had to develop their products before releasing promos about them isn't a long time? Really starting to loose faith and confidence in the PC industry especially with games and gaming peripherals :( Someone re-assure me.

GTA 5 PC release date delay pissed me off a lot. GTA is one of the few games I play too.

I hope this K95 RGB doesn't disappoint. And I'm also getting the GTX970/980 which are going to be announced in 2 days and probably released very soon. Those will hopefully be great.

I just don't know what keyboard I should get now, don't want to end up having to return it.

Quite frankly,if they had just made a mock-run of how their keyboards would be produced (100 or so) and had a concentrated group test for issues in the first place,there wouldn't be any major issues. But nooo~~...let's not do the smart thing... Let's try to get as much hype on this train and jump ship if it doesn't work.... I'm still willing to give them the benefit of the doubt,but corsair needs to step up their game. Otherwise they'll all go for ducky 3's and razer chroma's...oh wait, lots of people already are >>... Two words corsair.... CONTROL GROUPS! It's an experimental standard, you make one how you think it's supposed to turn out, and then have them how they actually turn out. And THEN you play around with the programming till it works like it's supposed to.

It looks like more recent reviews are turning out pretty good, though, going off of those Amazon and Newegg links.

It looks like more recent reviews are turning out pretty good, though, going off of those Amazon and Newegg links.

Yea I'm getting one as soon as brown switches come out regardless of the bad reviews. This KB is cutting edge and I must have it. I always take reviews with a grain of salt, many of the problems will be fixed with firmware and software updates and I love the challange of tinkering and figuring out new things. As for bad reviews regarding actual hardware issues, don't seem to be as many and Corsair genuinely seems to want to make things right. I also wonder how many bad reviews were out of impatience in learning the software from people expecting easy plug and play, without taking time to learn how it works. As for the lights being bright enough or color diluting between keys, I dont need it super bright, just to be able to read my keys in low-light/no-light situations (I like to game in a darkened room); and from reading reviews it appears for some that the color dilution may be result of having keys assigned to more than one profile or zone casing two different colors to be assigned to sames keys simultaneously. Ex a key assigned to red in one zone and white in another overlapping zone causing both red and white to be triggered for the key simultaneously and resulting in pink. I'm hoping I don't eat my words though after I actually get mine lol

I'm more curious if there has been any other announcement from Corsair to confirm a release date for the K95 RGB Red to come out this month. We're getting to the end now because usually they would allow you to pre-order it like they did with the k70 rgb on amazon, and release it a week later. No leaks from any retailers or anything yet!

I have a feeling it's going to be delayed. :(

Also still so torn between cherry mx brown and red!

Getting really sick of waiting for the other switch types to be released. It'd be nice if Corsair would just commit a date. Making them available for pre-order would even be better.

I'm more curious if there has been any other announcement from Corsair to confirm a release date for the K95 RGB Red to come out this month. We're getting to the end now because usually they would allow you to pre-order it like they did with the k70 rgb on amazon, and release it a week later. No leaks from any retailers or anything yet!

I have a feeling it's going to be delayed. :(

Also still so torn between cherry mx brown and red!

This will be my first mech keyboard but from descriptions and YouTube guides to switch types, I'm going for brown. I think I'd like the tactile feel on my fingertips as keys register before bottoming out, but don't think I'll need the clicky sound of the blues. I may even put o rings under the keys available from a few suppliers for mech keyboards so I don't have to hear the key bottoming if I do press them all the way down.

I'm hoping that next week sometime we will get some more information on the other switches/ k95 rgb since it's getting fairly close to the end of the month now.

Looks like there will be announcements on Monday. https://twitter.com/CorsairGaming/status/513009888792825859

That has the Corsair Gaming logo which appears on the k65 RGB on it.

Source: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/218547-got-my-hands-on-a-corsair-k65-rgb/

But yeah, it could be anything. Seems a bit weird to try to hype something which is sort of already released. Quite possibly a rebranding of lots of their 'gaming' oriented stuff.

That has the Corsair Gaming logo which appears on the k65 RGB on it.

Source: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/218547-got-my-hands-on-a-corsair-k65-rgb/

But yeah, it could be anything. Seems a bit weird to try to hype something which is sort of already released. Quite possibly a rebranding of lots of their 'gaming' oriented stuff.

I believe you are correct about the re-branding. 

Found K70 RGB Brown and K70 RGB Blue on Newegg.ca:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816025&cm_re=k70_rgb-_-23-816-025-_-Product

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816024&cm_re=k70_rgb-_-23-816-024-_-Product

Didn't see them on the main site when I checked, only the Canadian one. Also the Blue switch listing says out of stock. 

Found K70 RGB Brown and K70 RGB Blue on Newegg.ca:

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816025&cm_re=k70_rgb-_-23-816-025-_-Product

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823816024&cm_re=k70_rgb-_-23-816-024-_-Product

Didn't see them on the main site when I checked, only the Canadian one. Also the Blue switch listing says out of stock. 

Why are the browns in stock but not the blues?

A dollar a day will give you more than enough cash for some of these lengthy releases. I mean some products are talked about months and months in advance.

Preordered my K95 RGB with Blue switches this morning from Newegg! Scheduled to ship out on Wednesday (9/24)!!

http://promotions.newegg.com/corsair/14-5000/index.html

Links to a page where you can preorder each switch type for both k70 and k95 are availble if you scroll down a little on that page ^.   Just click Shop Now and it takes you to the Newegg listing.

Got my K70 RGB with Brown Switches pre ordered at Newegg this morning. Bought the three day shipping cause I didn't want to wait :lol: 

CPU: Intel I7-4790k | MOBO: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 | Ram: Corsair Vengance 32GB 1600hz | GPU: EVGA GTX980 Reference

PSU: Corsair EVGA G2 850W  | SSD: Intel 730 Series 480GB, Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB

CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 | Case: Corsair 760T (White) | Peripherals: (2)Asus VS247H-P, Corsair M65, Corsair K70 RGB w/ Brown Switches