An Update From Corsair About The RGB Keyboards...

Gould-Digger

It is rather impossible for me to say that they should get their finger out...

HOWEVER, i am going to say that, more and more companies care less and less, to be frank i miss some passion, some "Let's make this shit happen" 
It is unbeliveable that they release a date and can't stick with it. I hope they will eventualy get some passion and some fucking "ohh-rah" back into the game. 

PS. not just talking about Corsair.

HOWEVER, i am going to say that, more and more companies care less and less, to be frank i miss some passion, some "Let's make this shit happen"

It is unbeliveable that they release a date and can't stick with it. I hope they will eventualy get some passion and some fucking "ohh-rah" back into the game.

BF4...

I don't understand, if anything what they are doing IS passionate. They are delaying a VERY sought after keyboard because it's not up to their standards. What else do you want from a company? To send out crap just to make money?

yep i agree. I also dont know why people want this board so much, especially at the premium its going to cost.

High premium? 180$ for a Mechanical keyboard of corsairs quality plus with the new crazy ass backlighting is hardly a high premium cost. Hell if anything they could've easily charged 200$+.

i7 - 6700k || Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti || Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB 3200Mhz || Corsair 760T White || Corsair HX850 || NZXT Kraken X62 || Asus Z170-A || Logitech Proteus Core 502 wireless || Logitech G915 TKL ||

-snip-

High premium? 180$ for a Mechanical keyboard of corsairs quality plus with the new crazy ass backlighting is hardly a high premium cost. Hell if anything they could've easily charged 200$+.

Theyre actually not the quality and the exposed plate design actually decreases their cost of production. Is the 180$ for the full size or TKL and can you be sure theyll launch at that with the delays?

So yes I consider that to be a high premium for rgb backlighting with a super complex controller that all most no one will make use of. The only thing that might save it would be if the rumors are true that the board is fully programmable as well. That is another feature most won't use and with corsair's software I only imagine how painful it would be to program. But its a cool feature that I believe only roccat has on the hardware level when it comes to "mechanical gaming keyboards".

I personally the money is better spent on a non backlight board like say the novatouch which will likely be premiering against it. I know this is not the general opinion but on PC full of LEDs was enough for me.

I guess they are not really focusing that much on this RGB hype keyboard, otherwise they would figure everything out already and stick with the scheduled release dates..... Very sad and dissapointed :'(

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I don't understand, if anything what they are doing IS passionate. They are delaying a VERY sought after keyboard because it's not up to their standards. What else do you want from a company? To send out crap just to make money?

Of course i dont want an half-arsed product, i want someone to (pardon my french) "Make shit happend", make stuff flow, some passion instead of "oh, this got delayed, let's delay this whole thing instead of fucking the one who fucked up".

It is a bit hard to explain, i just dont feel like the true passion to make the product happend is there for alot of companies, it is either lacking or delayed. It is a bit like they are not doing their best, that is what im doubting i guess. But! as i originaly said:

It is impossible to know what happend exactly, and whos fault it is. I just HOPE it isent what i fear. 

bullshit, they dont need a new PCB, they literally just change the switch and its done. They just want more suspense

Please, go finish an electrical engineering course before saying how easy it is. Because the stupidity in your statement was just way too high..

I mean, it's cool and all but I can't see myself spending $200+ on a keyboard.

But you will spent 3200$AU on GPUs?

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

Please, go finish an electrical engineering course before saying how easy it is. Because the stupidity in your statement was just way too high..

Yes.

My Func KB 460 is more than enough for a LED backlight keyboard.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

I mean, it's cool and all but I can't see myself spending $200+ on a keyboard.

64Fbl9i.gif

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Theyre actually not the quality and the exposed plate design actually decreases their cost of production. Is the 180$ for the full size or TKL and can you be sure theyll launch at that with the delays?

So yes I consider that to be a high premium for rgb backlighting with a super complex controller that all most no one will make use of. The only thing that might save it would be if the rumors are true that the board is fully programmable as well. That is another feature most won't use and with corsair's software I only imagine how painful it would be to program. But its a cool feature that I believe only roccat has on the hardware level when it comes to "mechanical gaming keyboards".

I personally the money is better spent on a non backlight board like say the novatouch which will likely be premiering against it. I know this is not the general opinion but on PC full of LEDs was enough for me.

You're more than welcome to spend your money on a non backlit board but, some of us want to pay for that. You can't shit on a product just cause you don't like it.

i7 - 6700k || Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti || Corsair Vengeance LED 32GB 3200Mhz || Corsair 760T White || Corsair HX850 || NZXT Kraken X62 || Asus Z170-A || Logitech Proteus Core 502 wireless || Logitech G915 TKL ||

Wow. People complain now because the new version of the keyboard they want has not been released yet? Blasphemy! Let's all email McDonald's because they have not released an update to their Big Mac sauce!

Sorry, I just find this post so trivial. I'd understand if you pre-ordered the keyboard and would have every right to complain and be impatient.

Wow. Some people need to get out of their caves once in a while.  :rolleyes:

Ryzen 5 2600 OCd to 3.9Ghz @ 1.275v l Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS Wifi l MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super

GSkill TridentZ RGB 16GB DDR4 l NZXT Kraken M22 AIO l Deepcool Macube 310P

You're more than welcome to spend your money on a non backlit board but, some of us want to pay for that. You can't shit on a product just cause you don't like it.

its not just that dont like it I dont think its worth the money, nor do I think corsair's boards are anything special.

You guys are completely out to lunch if you think Corsair WANTS to spend time and MONEY answering questions all day about why the RGB keyboards aren't available yet...

Thats very true. I imagine they would want to spend the time and money are bringing the product to market.

bullshit, they dont need a new PCB, they literally just change the switch and its done. They just want more suspense

Uhmm they actually do need more traces per switch because the LED controller (from panasonic) needs to communicate with each individual switch and each switch needs each of the three LED's to be adressable individually on top of performing the normal switch function. If you look at the old switches you will find three traces per switch on the new one at least 5 are needed to be able to control the multicoloured LED's

I have a feeling the delay could be based on the fact that the intricacy of the completely new PCB in the keyboard along with what I imagine to be a fairly complicated software configuration design may be not up to par. Various bugs they've encountered along the way are probably still nagging them causing them to have to go down different roads and tweaking, improving, and creating new features in the software. I think the only real problem is we just want to know what their deadlines are.

The Half-Life 3 of keyboards! I'm selling my blackwidow immediately when k70 rgb with mx blues comes out.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

The Half-Life 3 of keyboards! I'm selling my blackwidow immediately when k70 rgb with mx blues comes out.

I think you're onto something here... How many letters are in RGB?

But seriously, I'm so pumped for this! I hope they do perfect it though (especially hardware-side, software can always be updated). The whole open-source & programmable thing is really interesting to me too, I'm sure some interestng things can be done with that...

Wow. People complain now because the new version of the keyboard they want has not been released yet? Blasphemy! Let's all email McDonald's because they have not released an update to their Big Mac sauce!

Sorry, I just find this post so trivial. I'd understand if you pre-ordered the keyboard and would have every right to complain and be impatient.

Wow. Some people need to get out of their caves once in a while. :rolleyes:

My thoughts exactly.

who gives a shit... if you really really need a new keyboard you'll just use one you have laying arround  (like you should, because you must have a back up mouse & keyboard in case you smash one in like i did once) and then decide if you want to wait as long as it takes to get one fancy ass keyboad or not.

the rgb is a nice thing, don't get me wrong, but you'll just end up setting it to one color probarly after you're done playing with it and showing it off, or in the best scenario, you'll just use 1 costume made program.

bitches be bitching... get over it :) suck it up, because you probarly don't even need it, you just want it.

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

Guys, remember, Linus knows secrets about these keyboards.  We just have to trick him into spilling the beans on when they are launching (or were supposed to launch).  Bribing could also work.  Someone who is wealthy and lives in Canada, stop by his work house and leave a lambo with some noctua fans inside, maybe then the release date will "slip" out while he coughs.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

Good. Better they release a refined product than "a Total War: Rome 2."