Cable Sleeving Information [Links to Guides and Videos]

600x230px-LL-7b332522_lcfaq.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aXEz7qN_Es

Hello, I am Lutro0 and for those that dont know me - I am just another computer enthusiast but I have spent allot of time researching sleeving methods, parts, information, and just about everything having to do with it. I have been making video guides and selling custom made sleeving solutions and parts for a while now.

I have decided to post this over here as I have been asked by a few of your members to share my sleeving information with all of you!

For the sake of not killing anyone connection, I have included the links for all of the following instead.

If there is any questions I will gladly answer them here as well.

Lutro0's Frequently Asked Sleeving Questions

This will answer most of your questions on sleeving or starting a sleeving job and perhaps allot you didnt know you had!

Lutro0's Video Sleeving Guides

These detailed videos will explain many different methods of sleeving as well as some reviews on sleeving and non-sleeving products.

Lutro0's Sleeved Cable Color Suggestion Thread:

This thread was created to help people get suggestions for colors and patterns for their sleeving jobs.

Lutro0's Sleeved Cable Gallery Color Suggestions:

This gallery was uploaded to this forum to give you color suggestions.

International Computer Sleeving Community:

This Facebook Group was made with the intent of lumping all of the nets information on sleeving and sleeving links in one place, lots of good information can be found here.

OCN Cable and Sleeving Subforum:

This subforum is an extremely active place on the net when it comes to sleeving chatter and information.

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

YOU JOINED THE FORUM!!! i followed your guides and i finished my sleeving (looked like crap though) and i ordered all my stuff from your store :)

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

YOU JOINED THE FORUM!!! i followed your guides and i finished my sleeving (looked like crap though) and i ordered all my stuff from your store :)

I mostly lurk when I find the time which I normally dont. But I wanted to share the sleeving info because I was asked. =)

[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

Thanks Lutro0 (is this from the Greek word lutroo?) I've been saving up for a truly beastly build with sleeved cables and a very clean look in the future, and your information is invaluable to finding the sleeving I'm looking for.

Time for me to sleeve my shiz, aswell. Thanks for the guides!

Core i5 3570k 4,5GHz - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB - Asus GTX 1070 ROG STRIX - Samsung 830 128GB/Samsung 850 Evo 500GB - Antec TP 650W - Fractal Design Define R4

Great guides, ive watched your vids as well.

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Am using your LC 18AWG wire and pins in my current build and am loving crimping all these lovely wires together!

wow Lutro0, nice to see you joined the forum. I'm waiting for my order from MDPC and im gunna use your guides (all of which i've already watched) to sleeve my PSU, fans and front umbilical's.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Wow, I read an article about you in CPU magazine!

your molex tool is literally the best one I have used. I don't personally own one "yet" but plan to get one with my next build. A friend of mine has one and had him order his sleeving stuff from your store as it is the best quiality tools you can get.

CPU: AMD FX 6300 @4.2GHZ | MSI 970A-G 46| Gskill Sniper 2X4GB 2400| Samsung 840 EVO 120GB| NZXT Phantom 410 gunmetal|

Apevia 680W Iceberg| HIS R9-270X| WD green 3TB| 

Whoaaa! Heyy Lutro0! Huge fan of your work, glad to see you joined the forum! Quick question, Do you ship to the UK? I'm buying my ATX and Molex tool when i order my MDPC-X Sleeving but your Heatshrink spacing tool is AWESOME! Keep up the good work bro!

Whoaaa! Heyy Lutro0! Huge fan of your work, glad to see you joined the forum! Quick question, Do you ship to the UK? I'm buying my ATX and Molex tool when i order my MDPC-X Sleeving but your Heatshrink spacing tool is AWESOME! Keep up the good work bro!

He ships worldwide :)

Hey dude, I actually posted you in my build log lol.  I used your shrinkless tutorial for doing my cables in my The Grid Build.  Keep up the good work bud!

01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100101 01110100 01100101 01110010 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100010 01100101 01100011 01101111 01101101 01100101 00101100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01101101 01101111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 01100010 01101100 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01101000 01100101 01100001 01110010

Lutro0... Let it be known that I love you... In a no Homo kind of way

hello

I'm going to be doing your method of heat shrinkless sleeving with MDPC on my corsair psu, what AWG cables should I use as I'm going to customize the wiring?

hello

Looks like an awesome contribution. Dont have a lot of time now, but I will be def be checking all this out.

Atm I just go the lazy route and buy the already-sleeved cables :(

Thanks guys for the kind comments. I am away for a week or so due to needing back surgery. but I will keep checking this thread if anyone needs help. 

[Reason I Live]

I have a question. I was trying to do the Heatshrink-less Paracord sleeving and when i try and melt it to make it stick to the wire, but all it does is purn it and on white paracord it turns black and ugly, or it pools up no matter what i do and then it wont fit in the plug thing.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

When you melt the paracord you need to form it a little with your fingers, Careful to not burn yourself. I have callouses there so i don't get burned anymore

But you need to form a cone, dont roll it like most people say but pull it forward gently to form a cone. Watch the video I did on paracord heatshrinkless closely and practice on wires you wont use. The cable needs to be stretched as well otherwise it wont fit.

[Reason I Live]

Also remember I will be checking this thread mostly. So if you have questions please bring them here because I dont check many places. Thanks

[Reason I Live]

Heya Lutro0. The only thing lacking from your website is the ability to set up a user account.

this would benefit 

- Viewing what you had in your shopping cart a few days ago without having to go add all the stuff again

- View past orders

- Tracking numbers for items added to the order which will be viewable through your user account

Just a thought!

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Always quality work Lutro0, an inspiration.

I had a go with some ModKobra sleeve and really struggled.

I'm going to get some MDPC and have another go just for practice and see if I can get the hang of sleeving, the payoff is phenomenal. 

Heya Lutro0. The only thing lacking from your website is the ability to set up a user account.

this would benefit 

- Viewing what you had in your shopping cart a few days ago without having to go add all the stuff again

- View past orders

- Tracking numbers for items added to the order which will be viewable through your user account

Just a thought!

Phil

totally agree! made a HUGE order last week but my credit card was being refused for some reason, so i had to start all over again the next day.

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w
The Monolith Desk - build log incomplete.