Unethical Computer Handling

Buckley

I take care of my computer,  but I can't say the same for my family. That's why its password protected. No one has ever touched my computer but me. You should see what they did to the family laptop, I fixed it up though.

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

I do wear a static band, thats about it. CBA checking to make sure all the components work before building the PC and things like that.

I don't wear a static band but do check my components before fully assembling a PC. It's much harder to troubleshoot when you have no idea which parts do and don't work in the first place. I would also never hookup a untested PSU to a expensive computer and just cross my fingers hoping it doesn't fry my components. It's too easy to test a PSU to warrant doing stupid shit like that imo.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

I kick my PC when the fan rattles. I do ground myself here and there when handling my own PC, and am a bit more careful when dealing with other people's. I've never zapped hardware before but yeah.

I palm slap mine when it fucks up, regardless of whether or not its a hardware issue or a software issue, hard enough to lift a corner or 2 of the case off the desk

I dunno, but I got zapped by static in the Apple Store once...

What the fuck...

I would go in the apple store and static shock their products, just so that there would be 1 less apple product in the world

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Computer crap is surprisingly durable

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I'll usually do a discharge through the case/PSU before I start a build and avoid touching the contacts on components but other then that I don't worry too much, if I were doing builds for a job though I would definitely invest in some static protection purely because when you doing it every day for years on end you're bound to fry something one day and even if you can RMA it the delay will make for a unhappy customer. The other thing is if you live in areas with 60+% humidity like me static damage is one hell of a lot less likely to occur then if you were say down in the 10-20% range.

Well, I broke the PCI-E slot lock trying to pull my graphics card out o__o

I also cracked the window on my side panel when I threw it onto my bed while working on my cable management xD

Oh and I spilled some thermal paste on my motherboard