The Audio Board's Frequently Asked Questions, Pre-answered!

ok. thank you for your reply. i do think its fine. just curuis if it will get any better.

ok. thank you for your reply. i do think its fine. just curuis if it will get any better.

No... It will make almost no difference. Save your money :)

439 has a removable cable, but otherwise they're the same.

• 2 weeks later...

i did have 2nd thoughts about the 449 to the 439 but the 449 is a bit closer to the upper tier 500 series so that is why i went with the 449. still love to have the detachable cable. but that is life we cant have it all.

i did have 2nd thoughts about the 449 to the 439 but the 449 is a bit closer to the upper tier 500 series so that is why i went with the 449. still love to have the detachable cable. but that is life we cant have it all.

That's not how it works mang. Headphones in a series are not that different from one another.

9c3b8a35ef.png

yeah i just got to know that but what the hell still like my headphone than may old hd 201. but will next buy hd 600 thanks for the response.

• 2 weeks later...

What about the Sennhiser gaming headphones with microphone?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Pointless, can build the same thing for less.

Any Sennhiser headphones for less and without a mic?

Same or better as the game 250$ ones

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah, the 518 which its based off...

Yeah, the 518 which its based off...

Ok the 558 are 130€ on amazon currently

Im choosing between HyperX clouds and some sennhiser ones

Should i take open or closed headphones for mostly gaming?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ok the 558 are 130€ on amazon currently

Im choosing between HyperX clouds and some sennhiser ones

Should i take open or closed headphones for mostly gaming?

Open, and the HD518's sound more or less the same as the 558, go with them instead unless you have some reason for spending more. 

Open, and the HD518's sound more or less the same as the 558, go with them instead unless you have some reason for spending more.

Any specific reasons why i should take open headphones?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

518 and 558 are pretty well-priced on Amazon as we speak. The cheaper one will likely be better for your purposes, and a modmic can be had 40-50 dollars.

What games do you play?

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

518 and 558 are pretty well-priced on Amazon as we speak. The cheaper one will likely be better for your purposes, and a modmic can be had 40-50 dollars.

What games do you play?

hmm arma 3,bf4,warthunder,dayz

i already have a webcam with mic

ill probobly get the sennhiser game one headphones if they become a bit cheaper

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Why? The game one is a 518 with a mic glued to it? If you already have a mic that just makes it more wasteful. 

You do know that the cheapest the G4ME One's ever got was 175 USD on a sale, right? Compared to the 518 + Modmic Combo (Because the 558 + Modmic combo at this time is practically the same cost as the G4ME One) that only ever gets to about 130-135 dollars, right (Also factoring in costs of compatibility adapters)?

If you are dead set on this, I can't stop you, but please know that you are paying more for something that you may not need (IE, unless you really want a better mic and the convenience of an all-in-one solution and for as long as you are fine with the money spent).

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Are you fine with spending the 195 needed for it? HD 518 + Mod Mic is about 135 dollars (including adapters and what have you), FYI. Do you need a better mic?

(Leaving headphones apart)

So what if my onboard is crap and I want the best of my MIC, what should I get? ; (

(Leaving headphones apart)

So what if my onboard is crap and I want the best of my MIC, what should I get? ; (

A USB microphone....

• 2 weeks later...

Realtek ALC892  good for favorite gaming headsets ?

Realtek ALC887  good for favorite gaming headsets ?

It's good enough. 

Is it just me or is that audio myths workshop video not available anymore? @h264

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Is it just me or is that audio myths workshop video not available anymore? @h264

Still worked for me.