The Audio Board's Frequently Asked Questions, Pre-answered!

Tell us what's really on your mind. :P

well, t0wer is about the only person with a pair I know of at the moment.  That's the main thing.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

well, t0wer is about the only person with a pair I know of at the moment.  That's the main thing.

And Linus...

And Linus...

Linus had a pair besides his HD555?!? :D

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I have a pair :)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I thought we were talking about 555/558/598 :wacko:

Not sure about 558's but the 598 is far superior to the 555's

Aren't they, like, the same thing?

Not sure about 558's but the 598 is far superior to the 555's

I'm beginning to form a theory that all Sennheiser headphones (except the HD800s) actually sound about the same.  It's not a bad thing, they have their brand sound signature, and it's certainly good, but it sorta destroys the consumer value of their more expensive models.

I'm beginning to form a theory that all Sennheiser headphones (except the HD800s) actually sound about the same.  It's not a bad thing, they have their brand sound signature, and it's certainly good, but it sorta destroys the consumer value of their more expensive models.

From what I've heard of the 500 series that's not true, but my IE60's do sound similar to my HD 650's

• 2 weeks later...

I have done a Samson SR850 review on the LTT forums a while ago, do you want to add it to your list?

Here is the link:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/15971-samson-sr850headphones/

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

I have done a Samson SR850 review on the LTT forums a while ago, do you want to add it to your list?

Here is the link:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/15971-samson-sr850headphones/

added. thank you for the review!

I am so glad to hear you say that,  I spent sometime listening to about 5 different senns models about a 3 weeks ago and I didn't buy any because I had trouble working out what the actual difference was, I was starting to questioning my hearing and thought I'd better get it checked before I spend money on cans I can't make the most out of.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I always thought SoundCards where better for FPS gaming, for positional audio and surround sound.

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

I always thought SoundCards where better for FPS gaming, for positional audio and surround sound.

Most games I respect include a setting in the audio section to set the audio output type to "headphone", which outputs surround sound to normal headphones.  If your game doesn't do that, I'd say it's sorta crummy.

Most games I respect include a setting in the audio section to set the audio output type to "headphone", which outputs surround sound to normal headphones.  If your game doesn't do that, I'd say it's sorta crummy.

Fps series i mosty play is Battlefield and CS. http://gyazo.com/44eba57f326dd12fce5ba576ab2bc6ff

You're not stupid, just not educated. We all had to start somewhere  ;)

My excuse is that i started as a console gamer so i've mostly been used to Headsets.

My excuse is that i started as a console gamer so i've mostly been used to Headsets.

No worries, we don't judge to hard on this forum ;)

(don't tell anyone this, but I used to be a headset wearing, sound card buying, console user years ago).

Dude, I grew up on Halo.