The Audio Board's Frequently Asked Questions, Pre-answered!

What do you do about cable management. It always gets in the way. Has anyone got any ideas?

What do you do about cable management. It always gets in the way. Has anyone got any ideas?

Custom cables? Sometimes for the perfect cable management, you have to make your perfect cables :)

It's part of the experience man.

zen_palate.jpg

• 1 month later...

can anyone have tips about moving from over the ear closed headphone to on ear open headphone ?? i want to buy the grado sr80e.. i need to know somethings about them.

how long is the cable ? is it worth it ? how durable is it ( if you use it only when using a PC only, never go outside ) ? 

can anyone have tips about moving from over the ear closed headphone to on ear open headphone ?? i want to buy the grado sr80e.. i need to know somethings about them.

how long is the cable ? is it worth it ? how durable is it ( if you use it only when using a PC only, never go outside ) ?

Some people like them and others don't like them. You'll want to see if prolonged wear of any on the ear headphone is comfortable for you, first of all. The Grados are a very good value but lack lower bass response.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Exaclty what h264 said + The cable is thick but pretty long, they are pretty durable and if they brake its very easy to fix them , but they are not the most comfortable headphones (i personally cannot wear any on ear headphones for more than 2 hours).

Also, you'll have NO isolation, but your ears will breath much better than your closed headphones. If you listen moslty electronic music, i would stay away, but for other genres they are awesome headphones. 

Some people like them and others don't like them. You'll want to see if prolonged wear of any on the ear headphone is comfortable for you, first of all. The Grados are a very good value but lack lower bass response.

Exaclty what h264 said + The cable is thick but pretty long, they are pretty durable and if they brake its very easy to fix them , but they are not the most comfortable headphones (i personally cannot wear any on ear headphones for more than 2 hours).

Also, you'll have NO isolation, but your ears will breath much better than your closed headphones. If you listen moslty electronic music, i would stay away, but for other genres they are awesome headphones. 

someone say that is cheaply build.. will i be survive 4 years ? how cheap does it made ? is the cheap build is expensive enough to survive 4 years without repair/cleaning/rough place to put/ uncareful wear and use/ etc . and will i be disappointed by the cheap build ? is the sound quality will close the cheaply build ? btw i am not a bass head

someone say that is cheaply build.. will i be survive 4 years ? how cheap does it made ? is the cheap build is expensive enough to survive 4 years without repair/cleaning/rough place to put/ uncareful wear and use/ etc . and will i be disappointed by the cheap build ? is the sound quality will close the cheaply build ? btw i am not a bass head

Well, the 2000$ model has almost the same build quality as the 80$ one, so if the guys who bought the best grado headphones don't compain about the build quality we shouldn't complain either :P

Also, just beacuse they are simple doesn't mean they have bad build quality. Actually the most common problem with headphones is the cable, and Grado headphones use a pretty good cable. What else do you expect to go wrong? If you don't adjust that often the headphones, then i could say you could use these headphones for decades. (i refered to the adjustment because i saw this video, which is hilarious at that part :D )

Other than that, when you buy any grado headphones, you pay for good drivers, which means you pay for sound quality. The SR80e are great headphones and if you are ok with the "on-ear" style, then you shouldn't worry that much IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going on record and saying Grados suck. Only get them when you're experienced enough to know what you want - never as your first serious headphone.

I'm going on record and saying Grados suck. Only get them when you're experienced enough to know what you want - never as your first serious headphone.

They are very uncomfortable, but I personally like the way mine sound.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

They are very uncomfortable, but I personally like the way mine sound.

It's like buying a TV that looks good, but is too bright too look at for any considerable amount of time. Makes no sense.

And the whole, "you're spending all the money on the drivers instead of the build" argument is BS too. The ONLY reason Grados are built so poorly is because they're all hand-assembled in a New York town house. Grado is too small a company to manufacture anything decent.

They are a niche product for a niche market and shouldn't even be talked about on a general-consumer-focused tech forum except to mention how niche they are.

It's like buying a TV that looks good, but is too bright too look at for any considerable amount of time. Makes no sense.

And the whole, "you're spending all the money on the drivers instead of the build" argument is BS too. The ONLY reason Grados are built so poorly is because they're all hand-assembled in a New York town house. Grado is too small a company to manufacture anything decent.

They are a niche product for a niche market and shouldn't even be talked about on a general-consumer-focused tech forum except to mention how niche they are.

thanks for sharing.. iam an open minded person. that's going on my note. if iam not taking grado, any suggestion for alternative ? please must under $150 :)

thanks for sharing.. iam an open minded person. that's going on my note. if iam not taking grado, any suggestion for alternative ? please must under $150 :)

AKG K240 or Sennheiser HD558 would make sense.

AKG K240 or Sennheiser HD558 would make sense.

thanks. i won't take the K240 cus it's look super wierd for me. and if i take the HD 558 i need an amp right ? does the fiio E10K enough to power that ?

thanks. i won't take the K240 cus it's look super wierd for me. and if i take the HD 558 i need an amp right ? does the fiio E10K enough to power that ?

You won't need an amp for the HD558.  Your onboard will work fine.

The HD598 were at 99$ at amazon yesterday. Keep looking for this deal again. The HD558 are also great headphones. 

By the way, who got grado SR60E or SR80E? I want to know, does the earpad comfortable? Does the earpad thick enough so that it doesn't felt the plastic on the housing? Iam curious

The HD598 were at 99$ at amazon yesterday. Keep looking for this deal again. The HD558 are also great headphones. 

That's probably not going to come back. 

Check out the price history:

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Over-Ear-Headphones/product/B0042A8CW2?context=browse

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

what is the best dac or soundcard for sennheiser hd 449?

Probably your on-board sound card (of your motherboard)

Not worth it for such a low-end headphone, especially since it's easy to drive. If there's something wrong with your onboard sound just get the cheapest solution you can find.

Do you already have the 449s because the 439 is a better buy.

yup already baught it but no regrets still love it even for a bit more money.