4-way 780 Ti vs. R9 295x2 Crossfire

TeKNiQue

Common misunderstanding.

You know what else is comming misunderstanding? Gb = gigabit, GB = gigabyte. Learn it.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

You know what else is comming misunderstanding? Gb = gigabit, GB = gigabyte. Learn it.

Given the context I figured you would understand, but I get your point.

Spoiler

Neither I'd go for a 4 way SLI nor for a 4 way CF... in all reality it isn't worth the money. More than three cards don't scale effectively anymore and even this on 4K with rich details is too less in some games right now.

Rather wait until 2016/2017 and then go 4K when nVidia/AMD wake up and make up their minds that displays are fare more advanced than the GPUs at this point :( . I'm tired of seeing rebranding all the time.

Sure thing that a highend pc eats the new consoles for breakfast, but for me as enthusiast I'll never compare my gaming rig with a console, because why would I compare a nice piece of technology with something that's not even close... but nevertheless we need better GPUs in a good price range in order to make 4K+ resolutions work.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood, yeah it does kinda suck lol 8GB would be swell. :)

you could always get a gtx880m

:P

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Oh god. The 295X2 has 4GB of VRAM for each GPU but it's setup in a way that you can use all 8GB on the card. However if you put two 295x2's together the VRAM doesn't stack between the two cards. So if you have two 295X2's you can fill up to 8GB. If you have 4 780Ti's you can fill up to 3GB.

"Rawr XD"

The Ti's would be faster but why even ask...?

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, ASUS Maximus VII Hero, i7-4790K @ 4.5GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX 980Ti SC, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2X8GB 1866Mhz CL9, 2X Crucial M500 960GB, EVGA SuperNOVA 1050 GS, ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q w/ nVidia 3D Vision 2