4-way 780 Ti vs. R9 295x2 Crossfire

TeKNiQue

Just curious, can't find any benchmarks, not buying this btw.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

3 way 780Ti > both for actually playing something IMO.

CrossFire for the r9 295x2

Watercooling took the cake

I Love Dogs and Video Editing

CrossFire for the r9 295x2

Watercooling took the cake

What about if you're doing custom watercooling? Pure performance? Also of course we have the 8GB vram vs the 3GB on the 780 ti

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

What about if you're doing custom watercooling? Pure performance? Also of course we have the 8GB vram vs the 3GB on the 780 ti

It is 4GB VRAM, the VRAM does not stack as there are 2 GPUs on each card it divides accessible amounts among them.

No you have 4GB for each GPU...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

The r9 295x2's come with watercooling :D

I Love Dogs and Video Editing

It is 4GB VRAM, the VRAM does not stack as there are 2 GPUs on each card it divides accessible amounts among them.

It IS 8GB's

It IS 8GB's

its 4. It technically has 8gb of VRAM on the card but each gpu can only access 4. It's a marketing gimmick.

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

It IS 8GB's

No it isn't, there is 8GB of memory on the card, but apps will only be able to use half as each GPU has to hold the same data in memory in order to be able to render alternate frames.

3 780tis will perform the same or better than 4 780tis or 4 290x (or 2 295x2)

It IS 8GB's

No its only 4 usable. The frames are mirrored for both GPUs so its as if you only had 4 GB.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

No it isn't, there is 8GB of memory on the card, but apps will only be able to use half as each GPU has to hold the same data in memory in order to be able to render alternate frames.

oh cmon

oh cmon

What are you saying? I'm telling the truth ask anyone on this forum who knows anything about GPUs and they will confirm, pick anyone you've met here who you think knows what they are talking about and ask them about it.

The 295X2, when playing a game, has a useable 4GB of VRAM, this is fact.

I would choose between either two 780 (6GB vram) or dual 780 ti's. The R9 295x2 looks okay but I think the solution wasn't in any regards to be something a gamer should purchase.

I think that two 780s with 6GB vram actually costs more than a standard 780 ti unless it's the kingpin edition or uber classified version.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

?

As people said before, it is 4GB per GPU for Crossfire to work. Just as it is 512bit per GPU...

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz

What are you saying? I'm telling the truth ask anyone on this forum who knows anything about GPUs and they will confirm, pick anyone you've met here who you think knows what they are talking about and ask them about it.

The 295X2, when playing a game, has a useable 4GB of VRAM, this is fact.

What I was saying was that "oh really well that sucks" not saying you're wrong

Sheer compute power the 780 Ti is likely to win, however that lower memory bus and capacity is a factor on higher resolutions; it really depends on what this is going on. 

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

What I was saying was that "oh really well that sucks" not saying you're wrong

Oh I'm sorry I misunderstood, yeah it does kinda suck lol 8GB would be swell. :)

YES there is 8Gb on the card.

That is because there are TWO (2) GPUs on that PCB. Both GPUs have 4Gb, just like the r9 290x. Those two 4Gb configs DO NOT STACK. So the card is 4Gb capable.

If you had 24 r9 280x with 3Gb each, would you say you have 72Gb of VRAM ? No you wouldn't. That would be a stupid thing to say. You would say you have 24 3Gb cards.

Spoiler

YES there is 8Gb on the card.

That is because there are TWO (2) GPUs on that PCB. Both GPUs have 4Gb, just like the r9 290x. Those two 4Gb configs DO NOT STACK. So the card is 4Gb capable.

If you had 24 r9 280x with 3Gb each, would you say you have 72Gb of VRAM ? No you wouldn't. That would be a stupid thing to say. You would say you have 24 3Gb cards.

Yes I know they don't stack but it's just that I saw that it said 8GB on newegg so...

Yes I know they don't stack but it's just that I saw that it said 8GB on newegg so...

Common misunderstanding.

Spoiler